• Show
Clear All

• TeXJ
    replied
    if I were to get another bike, I really like the fz09/7

Leave a comment:

• SelinaS19
    replied
    Here's a photo of my 2010 Yamaha FZ6 S2 and 2015 Yamaha FZ 09. I can say I'm a Yammie girl.;D
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    varg, i just got texted to join a group ride with a couple of guys on RC390s tomorrow

stand by for new sidewall pics, and stories of thumper defeat :P

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    Originally posted by wworm View Post
    not much at all but hooooo boy are there some good roads once you get out into the hills
    the route i usually take with my friend is 1 south from the city, rest stop at the taco bell in pacifica, then to alice's, and back to the city through the middle of the peninsula

there is one route home from work i've been planning but when the club lets out and we close and i'm going home at 4AM i'm usually too fatigued for "fun" riding... but i'll use one of those ride-mapping apps to show it if we ever have an "easy" night (ha)

but yeah, that's the other reason i was happy to get the bike fixed; don't really feel great about showing up to ride with your friends with damaged fairings, even if they weren't my fault

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    Originally posted by decay View Post
    riding down to Alice's with a friend on tuesday

other than that, i live and work in san francisco and there just aren't a lot of twisties to be found in the city proper
    not much at all but hooooo boy are there some good roads once you get out into the hills

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    Originally posted by varg View Post
    I see plenty of weight reduction effort there, but tbh the first thing I noticed was the rear tire. That bike wants to get down in those corners, and consumables are so cheap on the little bikes, I'm just encouraging some track use and twisty road outings. The corners are where the fun begins and the track is the safest place to push.
    riding down to Alice's with a friend on tuesday

other than that, i live and work in san francisco and there just aren't a lot of twisties to be found in the city proper

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    I see plenty of weight reduction effort there, but tbh the first thing I noticed was the rear tire. That bike wants to get down in those corners, and consumables are so cheap on the little bikes, I'm just encouraging some track use and twisty road outings. The corners are where the fun begins and the track is the safest place to push.

Originally posted by ak- View Post
    Stock suspension is absolute trash unless you weight like 120lbs, and even then it isn't confidence inspiring. That's the department were Suzuki cut costs to make the bike affordable when released.
    Great first bike and track capable when the suspension is sorted, yeah.
    Next track day is on the 29th! Yeeeeeeew.
    Nice. Boy do I miss the track. My ZRX is a great bike to ride on the street but imo not a track capable bike. It's heavy and the suspension, while dialed as well as I think I can manage on the street, would be at its limits very quickly. Nor will it be kind to the tires. As soon as I can afford to I intend to buy a something track friently, and see how rusty the years have left me. An SV with upgraded suspension has crossed the mind more than once as a good bike to get me back in the groove. Key point being not enough power to fool myself into thinking I'm fast because I'm making up time on the straights like the literbike riders in the beginner group but plenty for street use.

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    I wouldn't worry about 10lbs off of an already light bike too much when it doesn't look like it sees any track use or twisties
    well, i wanted to make an already light bike lighter, like the two i owned previously- 200lb two-stroke sportbikes

look past the exhaust you don't like and you'll see that's not all i've done to ditch weight, i'm down about 30lbs so far, so almost 10% of the weight of the bike gone

it's still a bit heavy for my tastes, i want it twitchier, and as it becomes that way i'll become more comfortable pushing it

Leave a comment:

• ak-
    replied
    Originally posted by wworm View Post
    sick. Looks like exhaust and rear sets? Anything other mods?
    Thanks man!
    Racetech 1.0kg/mm front springs with 15wt oil.
    2007 ZX10R rear shock
    Sag and preload adjusted for my weight
    Clip-on conversion
    R6 throttle tube (cuts twist by 25% or so)
    SS Galfer GP style lines, fluid
    Short Levers

Rear sets yes, and that's about it I think!

I like SVs. They are a fun bike to toss around and make a good first bike imo. With some suspension mods I've heard they make a really sweet track bike, though I've only ever ridden one with stock suspension and it left some to be desired. They do not like wheelies though.
    Stock suspension is absolute trash unless you weight like 120lbs, and even then it isn't confidence inspiring. That's the department were Suzuki cut costs to make the bike affordable when released.
    Great first bike and track capable when the suspension is sorted, yeah.
    Next track day is on the 29th! Yeeeeeeew.

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    I like SVs. They are a fun bike to toss around and make a good first bike imo. With some suspension mods I've heard they make a really sweet track bike, though I've only ever ridden one with stock suspension and it left some to be desired. They do not like wheelies though.

Originally posted by decay View Post
    it is effectively a straight pipe, yeah, but that slip-on weighs 1 pound where the factory piece is more like 10.
    I wouldn't worry about 10lbs off of an already light bike too much when it doesn't look like it sees any track use or twisties
    Last edited by varg; 07-25-2019, 06:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    Originally posted by ak- View Post
    LEAN AF PICS
    ]
    sick. Looks like exhaust and rear sets? Anything other mods?

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    That has got to be loud as hell.
    it is effectively a straight pipe, yeah, but that slip-on weighs 1 pound where the factory piece is more like 10.

Leave a comment:

• ak-
    replied

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    That has got to be loud as hell.

Leave a comment:

• decay
    replied
    finally got everything together to fix the body damage caused by someone backing over my bike while it was at work

sorta went overboard fixing the tail section

thankfully the damage was limited to stock parts, so new carbon fiber tail fairings, and the factory solo tail conversion since i'd already deleted the rear footpegs

happy to have this girl looking right again

Leave a comment:

Working...
X