No announcement yet.

The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like bikes from the 70s and 80s likr Honda CBs and Nighthawks and Shadows, and Yamaha Enduros. Stuff like that. What are some other bikes in this style? Preferably one that I can get on the road for $1200 or less.

Comment

Originally posted by anabolice30 View Post
      I like bikes from the 70s and 80s likr Honda CBs and Nighthawks and Shadows, and Yamaha Enduros. Stuff like that. What are some other bikes in this style? Preferably one that I can get on the road for $1200 or less.
      I bought my lil yamaha endure for 200 and my CB360 for 1000, but both needed extensive work/put back together, but you can find a good running bike for cheap, my CX runs and rides great and I got that for 1100

speaking of CB, this fucking thing is driving me bonkers with the carbs, cant get the damn thing running right, fucking frustrating to say the least

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
        i love that color!
        Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
        You totally have a problem, but that's ok. There are worse vices.

Dozy - That looks perfect, classy as hell.
        Thanks guys! Bmw british racing green pops and I wouldn't hesitate to spray it on a car. In those pictures it hasn't even had it's preliminary cut and buff. Just did a San Diego to San Francisco via the highway 1 on the thing. She has weight to her, but it disappears when you need it to. Any of you guys done stretches like that? To sturges or the likes?

Originally posted by anabolice30 View Post
        If you're looking into a bike you can buy for that price and then project later... I've always had a thing for what Hageman did with his Yamaha Viragos.

There's a certain year where there's a mono shock design, and he sells his own custom frame/kits (that come with all you need) for it. A bit of $$ going into the project but look with what you can get. Sexy!

Last edited by Dozyproductions; 09-11-2015, 08:45 AM.

Comment

who knew viragos could look cool?!!

Comment

I was cruising around on this while I was down in Bogota. Fun little 200cc

Click image for larger version

Name:	11896169_10153570135344042_3637514072255637579_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	7180097

The Build:
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

haha nice. 200's can still get you in trouble ;)

Comment

Just picked this beauty up. Soooo much fun!

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
                  Just picked this beauty up. Soooo much fun!

bastard! lol ive been looking for an RD 350/400 for a while as my personal machine, love those bikes. how do you like it? i was talking with a 350 owner, he was saying you cant ride them on the highway at the same RPM or you'll smoke the cylinders, better bike to rip around the side/city streets on

Comment

2t's in general don't really like cruising, as long as the jetting/oiling is correct it shouldn't be an issue though. This one has cut heads, weisco 66mm piston, yz125 reeds, dave f carbs mods, dgs etc. I ride the bike everyweek to my local vintage bike night which is about 30 minutes of pure highway riding. I haven't had any issues yet, nor do I think its going to be an issue. Dealing with the wind since the bike has no fairings is more of an issue than killing the cylinders. A 4 stroke bike would be better to cruise long distance but I ride this bike 70mph on the highway everywhere without any issues. Its not like riding an xs650 or a cb750 etc. Remember its a small engine and the revs are around 6k at 70mph with stock gearing. Regardless its still a load of fun and I ride her on the highway almost all the time. If you can deal with always smelling like burnt oil, and some light oil leaks here and there in exchange for a crazy fun power band and a super light bike, then it's the bike for you!

My bike should be making around 40-45hp at the moment. I want to send it off to scr for a refresh, some heavy porting, and spec 2 pipes, but thats down the road. Looking to make it close to something like this but with wire wheels.

Last edited by e30 gangsta; 09-11-2015, 10:20 PM.

Comment

GORGEOUS bike man!
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd
                      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                        GORGEOUS bike man!
                        x10

Comment

Here are a few pictures I took at the Limerock Historics Festival over Labor Day weekend. What a great weekend! I'll put some other pics in the pictures thread later.

1987 325is Black/Black
                          -Stock (mostly)

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
                            2t's in general don't really like cruising, as long as the jetting/oiling is correct it shouldn't be an issue though. This one has cut heads, weisco 66mm piston, yz125 reeds, dave f carbs mods, dgs etc. I ride the bike everyweek to my local vintage bike night which is about 30 minutes of pure highway riding. I haven't had any issues yet, nor do I think its going to be an issue. Dealing with the wind since the bike has no fairings is more of an issue than killing the cylinders. A 4 stroke bike would be better to cruise long distance but I ride this bike 70mph on the highway everywhere without any issues. Its not like riding an xs650 or a cb750 etc. Remember its a small engine and the revs are around 6k at 70mph with stock gearing. Regardless its still a load of fun and I ride her on the highway almost all the time. If you can deal with always smelling like burnt oil, and some light oil leaks here and there in exchange for a crazy fun power band and a super light bike, then it's the bike for you!

My bike should be making around 40-45hp at the moment. I want to send it off to scr for a refresh, some heavy porting, and spec 2 pipes, but thats down the road. Looking to make it close to something like this but with wire wheels.

very cool, guy i work with says he knows a guy who has one sitting in his yard, a 400, only wants a grand for it! Yellow with the black decals, So im really hoping its still there, stoked!

Comment

What motorcycle to chose???

Hey guys I'm also going to start riding soon, hopefully. I just can't decide between a Honda CBR 600RR, Yamaha R6, or a Ducati 821 Monster. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by E30SoD1rty View Post
                                Hey guys I'm also going to start riding soon, hopefully. I just can't decide between a Honda CBR 600RR, Yamaha R6, or a Ducati 821 Monster. Any suggestions?
                                None of the above if that's going to be your first bike.

And dang an rd for $1000? You better pick that up!

Comment

Working...
                                X