The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kye View Post
    I was looking at this kit for 288.95 free shipping because it is one of the only us sellers and a good price... headlight will probably run around 200. couple hundred more for random shit.

oh yeah here's a link to my gsxr golf cart i drove when i went to mmi phoenix

GSX-R 750 in a golf cart capable of speeds up to 150 mph. This video is not fast fowarded!! Featured on ESPNs SportsNation on September 29, 2009.This is not ...
    CHRIST that thing is NUTS! Is it still cruising around out here? I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.

As for that fairing kit, hell yea thats a great price, and USA too so you wont have to wait two months to get it. It'll kind of give it a "raven" look like the YZF R6/R1s, accent the wheels with some of that red reflector tape, and it'll look great, I did that to an old R6 I flipped, and it looked awesome, little things like that make a huge difference I think.

So, perusing craigslist I came across this little beauty. 76 Honda CB360, owner was restoring it, but ran out of time and money, so I grabbed it and a whole bunch of extra parts for a killer deal. Sadly this will be sold off once I'm done, but I may hang onto it a lil longer then I usually do to enjoy it a bit ;D

Looks great in my apartment, too bad it can't stay there. I've always wanted to have a motorcycle in my living room, its the best art/convo piece, maybe when I get a house...

Comment

no i brought it home to washington after school was over.

that 360 is so badass. one day im gonna build a sweet mini bobber with a 600 fi sportbike motor. there was a local guy that had built a 360 with a cbr 600 carbed motor with raked out sportbike front end and cbr wheels i should have bought it. i think it was 2500

Comment

My new BMW. Got a few more mods on her since this picture but it will do.

Last edited by Hawk; 07-31-2015, 08:37 PM.
        Summer '85 E24 635csi Winter '88 E30 325iX, I lose 25% of my hp before I even turn the key.

Comment

damn, what a machine...

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
            My new BMW. Got a few more mods on her since this picture but it will do.

is this bike really the best sport bike out there right now?
            or is at all hype?

Comment

^i love it. I'm asking because next bike I want to purchase is either this or a fire blade, or or an R1. I'd really like to know if you all think this is worth the coin or not

Comment

Honestly I've been riding for about 5 years now and I have a 2008 r6, my opinion, you don't need a liter on the street. Yea they are fast, but I've had mine to 180+ on the track, technically more nimble (600's), and yes slightly cheaper insurance.

Comment

the s1000rr used to be a bargain when they started at $13k, now you're lucky if you can spec one out for under $20k

Comment

I've had an 03 R6 since 2005. I've got 35k miles on it now. I went a tooth down on the front sprocket for a little more acceleration. I'm a big guy, ~270Lbs and I still like it.
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd
                    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by CENTURION View Post
                      ^i love it. I'm asking because next bike I want to purchase is either this or a fire blade, or or an R1. I'd really like to know if you all think this is worth the coin or not

The S1000rr is the best bike I have ever ridden or owned. Congrats on the bike Hawk. Its beautiful! When you get a chance, check out what Brenn is doing to them.
                      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys. I have been riding for about 12 years and finally got a crazy liter bike.

I have rode the 1299, S1K, R1 etc. I will say that they all are different bikes and all have their own pros and cons. For me the S1K was the most comfy for the street and has the best electronic suspension of the bunch. The R1 is a pure race bike and on street it is just begging to be driven crazy. The S1K you can putt around at 4K all day in sport mode and not feel like you need to be a squid. Then when you hit about 8K all hell breaks lose and a wormhole opens in front of you haha.

I will say the S1K is the master of all things you want in a sport bike you can ride daily. BUT ITS STILL A HOT SEMI UNCOMFORTABLE SPORT BIKE. I have an R1200RT and a VFR 750 aswell. If I had one bike to ride I would go a different direction.

The S1K has increased in price due to it now being essentially an HP4. It has a more advanced DDC suspension and you can get all the HP4 stuff standard on it. If you get the HP wheels you get the HP4 rotors and brakes.

It has traction control, wheelie control, lean sensitive abs, stoppie control, electronic suspension, launch control and a bunch of other stuff its crazy haha.

As for the 600 vs 1000 argument. They are both way more than you need for any legal speed period. A 300CC will break any US speed limit with ease. S1K 0-60 is in the 2.5 sec range its nuts. They are within seconds of each other on any track and some 600s can run with liter bikes all day and most handle a little better. The S1K feels close to a 600 in size though. Most guys that are yelling liter bike or nothing are the ones riding in sandles and shorts at double the speedlimit in a tshirt. The amount of guys that have the skill to take a 600 or 1000 to the limit are already in MotoGp or other racing. Mere mortals are content knowing the bike is capable of more than we will ever be haha.

I prefer the extra touque that a 1000 has down low for just putting around town. You need alot less rpm its just a personal thing. But its typically non riders that think a 600 never has a chance against a 1000. Its all comes down to the skill of the rider. I have seen GSs kill Ducatis on the track haha.

The Japanese bikes are awesome. The CBR is way behind and has no electronics and is very expensive. Its very smooth though. The CBR is the law RAW non electronic nanny sportbike. The GSXR needs a redesign and the ZX10 is an awesome bike for the price. Go test ride a few if you can. Again every bike is unique and what I love about one someone else will hate.

I just figured if I was going to spend that kinda money on a bike I wanted the best or I would have always been thinking "I wish I had gotten the 1000". Even though its completely pointless in reality.
                        Last edited by Hawk; 08-03-2015, 03:48 PM.
                        Summer '85 E24 635csi Winter '88 E30 325iX, I lose 25% of my hp before I even turn the key.

Comment

Added another one to the stable, I maaaay actually keep this lil guy when im done with it, 71 Yamaha AT1 125 scored for 200 bux, lil two stroke enduro from the 70s. Gonna clean it up and get her running, get a bonded title, etc. that seat is horrible, however i like the shape, so im going to figure something out with it

Comment

diamond plate....first choice i would make for a comfortable seat.

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
                              diamond plate....first choice i would make for a comfortable seat.
                              oh god its so bad, like I said I like the shape, but it will def be getting a make over, with the main focus of it being a bit comfier

Comment

Originally posted by Downz View Post
                                Added another one to the stable, I maaaay actually keep this lil guy when im done with it, 71 Yamaha AT1 125 scored for 200 bux, lil two stroke enduro from the 70s. Gonna clean it up and get her running, get a bonded title, etc. that seat is horrible, however i like the shape, so im going to figure something out with it

Hahah

Was this on craigslist? I think I saw it posted long ago, don't think the seat was diamond plate then though. My balls hurt just looking at it.

I'm getting the itch for another bike, but it's gonna be awhile. Got things that are more important right now. I am thinking maybe a cafe though, I love crotch rockets, but not that they feel comfy at illegal speeds.
                                Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X