• Show
Clear All

'07 SV650

535is

Comment

2008 er6n kawasaki mine
      ???? aprilia rs250 mates

Comment

hey guys good idea for a first bike? My friends made me straight fear going fast on a bike so no worries on going outside my skill threshhold, but I'm kinda heavy and was thinking an vfr750 would be alright to learn as apposed to a 600 then moving up to it.
        Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

The VFR750 should produce more torque than a 600. The VFR has a v-4 with shorter piston travel giving a lot of low end torque. The VFR may not be as fast but it should move away from a stop pretty quickly. I don't think I would go the VFR route either being a new rider? But that's me. If I where going to own a street bike I would def pick the VFR with it's more upright position rather than a race replica bike.

I'm not sure how heavy you are but you may want to start on a 500 Ninja or the 500 Suzuki. Maybe even the new 650 Ninja, I've heard they a pretty forgiving.

Originally posted by Streichholzschächtelchen View Post
          hey guys good idea for a first bike? My friends made me straight fear going fast on a bike so no worries on going outside my skill threshhold, but I'm kinda heavy and was thinking an vfr750 would be alright to learn as apposed to a 600 then moving up to it.
          Last edited by pfahls1; 11-01-2010, 06:24 PM.
          1986 BMW 325es
          2006 BMW 325i
          2003 GMC Envoy

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	l_357a0b162ebe41d1a543d90f5b0a29e7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	7124445

09 Buell Firebolt XB12R. This thing is a Torque Monster. My third bike, went from a Kawa 750 to a 750 GSXR. The Buell is the better hands down. Not as fast as the GSXR on the top end, but pulls like a train down low... I dont need to do 150+ anymore. Maybe I'm getting old
            sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by payney8 View Post
              2008 er6n kawasaki mine
              ???? aprilia rs250 mates
              Man!i want that RS 250, The last of the 2 strokes. That thing only wieghts 280 lb and has 75 hp! That's insane power to wieght rotio
              sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by pfahls1 View Post
                The VFR750 should produce more torque than a 600. The VFR has a v-4 with shorter piston travel giving a lot of low end torque. The VFR may not be as fast but it should move away from a stop pretty quickly. I don't think I would go the VFR route either being a new rider? But that's me. If I where going to own a street bike I would def pick the VFR with it's more upright position rather than a race replica bike.

I'm not sure how heavy you are but you may want to start on a 500 Ninja or the 500 Suzuki. Maybe even the new 650 Ninja, I've heard they a pretty forgiving.
                Thanks. Yeah I'm like 220lbs. I'll keep those bikes in mind.
                Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

man I'd love to have a 2stroke bike. damn EPA. also I don't think shorter stroke gives you more low end torque....

Comment

Heres one to fap at.

I have a 72 cb500 sitting at home waiting.

2000 e39 [Daily Driver]
                    1990 e30 Coupe [Prepping as a Spec e30 Race Car]
                    1986 e30 Coupe [Caged Drift Car]
                    1985 e30 Sedan [For sale]

Comment

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
                      I was thinking Sidi. They make white boots.

they look like Sidi boots to me too. maybe corsa or vertigo
                      :borg:

Comment

I haven't owned a motorcycle in nearly a decade.

My first bike
                        US grey market 1991 Yamaha TZR 250 2 stroke
                        2 stroke street bikes had no low end torque. But had massive top end power.

My second
                        1996 kawi ZX7r

Last bike
                        2001 GSXR 750

bike I used around the paddock.
                        1987 YSR 50

Comment

I've got a 1999 Ninja 250. Currently thinking about a re-paint to go along with an upcoming carb rebuild Any good ideas?

"Listen!...Do you smell something?"

1994 540iT/6 (For Sale)
                          2003 Civic Hybrid
                          2000 KLX365
                          1990 FZR400

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                          1 click. I went to the BMW M10 page and picked something completely unrelated--"torque."

Comment

yeah it keeps up with my er6 no worries haha thing sounds awesome on band

Comment

Originally posted by fronton View Post
                              My '90 K75S
                              If you ever decide to sell that, please let me know. I would gladly ditch my KZ1000 for that bike.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                              Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Well since everybody has posted here is my 2002 R1. Got her new couple years ago. Im thinking of getting rid of her for a 24v swap.
                                Attached Files
                                Many soldiers go unknown.... You will never be forgotten SSG. Matt Mauphin, SPC. Juan S. Restrepo and all past and to come

Comment

Working...
                                X