The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dope View Post
    thats a very very good question, and lets just say a yamaha will NEVER get back on that list, bad decision on my part.
    I'll take that into consideration. I was thinking about selling my 954 and trying to find a carbureted R1.

Comment

Originally posted by Sailor37 View Post
      I'll take that into consideration. I was thinking about selling my 954 and trying to find a carbureted R1.
      why would you want to go from a FI bike to carb? working backwards.. i personally disliked my r1, my favorite bike so far was my 07 600 rr.
      6 E36 M3s, 1 E36 328is, 1 E90, 2 E30s, and 1 E21 later.. :eeek:

Comment

Originally posted by kameleon View Post
        Just got my license (l plates) so had to buy a learner approved bike which makes it hard to get something nice here in Australia. So i got one of the restricted bikes.

Its a '11 Kawasaki ER6NL ABS. I love the bike and it is so easy to ride. With the throttle and timing restriction (a screw and a wire) it has 32hp. I am looking forward to removing the restrictors after the run in period and fitted a Acrapovic or similar to get that nice parallel twin noise!

Hey mate, You might want to look into that. Legality wise its not as easy as that. I was on my L's and i just went and got a er6n due to the dramas involved in converting a er6nl to er6n hp rating.

Comment

Just sold my bike.
          Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
            Almost all motorcycles get good gas mileage, my Monster a few posts up gets 42 mpg average. A 250 ninja would get prob half again as much as that but is a small bike, how big are you? You would prob out grow the 250 immediately and want something a little bigger/faster unless you only ride in the city. A sporty 650 twin from suzuki (SV650) or the one from Kawasaki would be an easy bike to learn on but will have room for you grow as a motorcyclist. One of your primary escape routes on a motorcycle is the ability to twist the throttle and be somewhere else almost instantly, and 250's don't offer much in that department.
            Thank you for the reply :)
            i weigh about 150 dead even normally, fluctuates a little though.
            i'm just afraid of having a bike thats too powerful for me and would put me in some dumb ass situations (afraid i may enjoy the speed too much).
            most of the riding would be considered city, commuting just in town. but the hills of napa have amazing roads to drive on so maybe some of it would be play time up there.

Comment

Originally posted by ainadude View Post
              Picked this up last month in Ontario, CA. Had an almost identical bike in Honolulu but the condition wasn't nearly as nice as this. 'Course now I'm having to get used to riding in the crazy desert heat. Sometimes feels like I'm riding through a hair dryer!
              How do you like the 600? I thought hard about getting one but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on my 1200. Would be nice to have something smaller for daily riding around town though...
              '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Shark ... for me, it's a perfect bike. First off, I'm probably a bit older than most people here -- I'm 51 -- and have never been a big worshipper of raw power anyway. And I'm not a big guy, either (5'9" and about 180). That being said, the ZZR weighs about 460-470 wet and has close to 100hp, so from my perspective it's got plenty of grunt (0-60 in about 3.5 sec). And since it's a sport-tourer, the riding position is more comfortable, which works for an old fart like me. Plus, Kawasaki has been doing the same basic design on this bike since the early '90s and has long since dealt with any issues. As such, it tends to be pretty damn reliable (assuming good maintenance, of course). Finally, I think it's a good-looking bike ... very low-key for a quasi crotch rocket.

So, yeah, the bike gets an enthusiastic thumbs-up from me. Don't think you'd be disappointed, unless you're so big you have your own zip code. ;-)

P.S. If that's your Euro Six in your post, I'm jealous -- love E24s with the little bumpers. Clean and classy.
                Last edited by ainadude; 07-11-2011, 09:34 AM. Reason: Forgot something
                ainadude
                Indian Wells, CA

sigpic

1991 325i 2dr. 5sp, delphin, w/freshly re-skinned IS sport seats/15" Ronal cross-spokes

1976 Triumph Spitfire w/1.8-liter Miata engine/transmission, koa dash with TR6 oil/volt gauges, lowered suspension, 14" Minilite replicas and more

2004 Kawasaki ZZR600

Comment

So, any opinion's on Buell's XB12S? I'm looking seriously at picking one up for dry weather transportation.
                  Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

want or need?
                    Attached Files
                    sigpic

Comment

My desk is now covered in beef stew from my insta-boner hitting the desk.
                      m106 1990 e30
                      e36 daily
                      e32 cruiser

Comment

That seat looks rather impractical, if it has the rear anchor I think it has.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                        Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

I need some advice, currently picked up a 2000 gsxr 750, i replaced some blown fuses that it had, now the fuses are good and not blowing anymore, but once i start the bike (everything works) and engage first gear or any gear it will die.. i took the fairing out and looked for any damaged wire/short but cant find anything... any advice?
                          no more boosted m20, 91 318i...

Comment

More than likely it is a bad clutch switch. Or sidestand switch.
                            Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                            The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

mmmm.. ill try to check them out.. Thanks in advance :)
                              no more boosted m20, 91 318i...

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
                                So, any opinion's on Buell's XB12S? I'm looking seriously at picking one up for dry weather transportation.
                                It looks like a very flamboyant bike

Comment

Working...
                                X