The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
    My 1993 Honda VFR. I also have a 1993 DR650 which is 90s riffic lol!
    Nice VFR. And is the DR the sweetass yellow/purple/pink paint scheme?! :giggle:
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Love that generation of VFR. Any pics of the DR?
      '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Originally posted by randomsv650 View Post
        Nice VFR. And is the DR the sweetass yellow/purple/pink paint scheme?! :giggle:
        Ya picked the VFR up the other day with 10K on the clock and its mint. Whole thing is even clear bra'd.

Haha thats the one! HAHA. I need to go ride it its been under the cover too long. Ill get some awesome pics tomorrow!
        Last edited by Hawk; 09-13-2012, 03:44 AM.
        Summer '85 E24 635csi Winter '88 E30 325iX, I lose 25% of my hp before I even turn the key.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
          Ya picked the VFR up the other day with 10K on the clock and its mint. Whole thing is even clear bra'd.

Haha thats the one! HAHA. I need to go ride it its been under the cover too long. Ill get some awesome pics tomorrow!
          haha sweet. i had a DR350 in the same color, purple frame, etc.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Someone by my old BMW airhead! $4900 for anyone from R3V:

Comment

Some BMW's from the IACP this year:

Attached Files

instagram: @tonerrrr
              High resolution E30 Fuse Box 300dpi PNG

Comment

I wanted an SS1000 soooo bad but got a gs500 instead. Insurance was gonna be ~$500 a month. One day...one day...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RGCintha29073 View Post
                  I wanted an SS1000 soooo bad but got a gs500 instead. Insurance was gonna be ~$500 a month. One day...one day...
                  Yeah insurance is crazy. I'd have one but the insurance payment would be more than the bike payment, doesn't make sense!

But i have them readily available, haha:

Last edited by randomsv650; 10-04-2012, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Yeah i know. I went down to El Paso and spent a few hours with the dealer down there. My payment was gonna be ~250-275 a month. Not bad...then i called almost every insurance company i could find a number for and thats considered an "ultra-premium" ride as one company said. Lol Geico was the cheapest at around 425 a month...WHY!?!?!

Ended up with this. Insurance was $346 a year!

Attached Files
                    Last edited by RGCintha29073; 10-12-2012, 02:24 PM. Reason: pic edit
                    sigpic

Comment

'75 CB500t, got it for $180 about a year ago. I think I might have posted a pic in here, don't remember. So the plan was to strip it down and build a cafe racer, but I wanted to collect all the parts before I tore into it. Well, I never got any parts and the thing was just sitting in my basement all this time.

'Bout a month ago I decided I might as well go through it mechanically and ride it stock while there's still time left this season. I'll do the cafe thing at some point, but it makes more sense to have some shakedown time first anyway.

Today was its first time on the road since who knows when. Picked up an inspection sticker and 35 miles on the odo. Other than a leaky fork seal she didn't miss a beat. I don't mind owning the "barn fresh" look for a while, kinda diggin it actually.
                      '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
                      '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

Originally posted by RGCintha29073 View Post
                        Yeah i know. I went down to El Paso and spent a few hours with the dealer down there. My payment was gonna be ~250-275 a month. Not bad...then i called almost every insurance company i could find a number for and thats considered an "ultra-premium" ride as one company said. Lol Geico was the cheapest at around 425 a month...WHY!?!?!
                        Nice ride!

And one thing to check on insurance, make sure you have a VIN to give them. A lot of times if you tell them the generic model the premium is WAY more. I had a friend/customer with a 2011 RR have insurance for $2k/year, when i sold him his 2012 they tried to tell him it was going to be $5k a year just based on it being a 2012. Makes no sense!

Comment

Anyone have thoughts on a classic CB500T two cylinder as a first bike? My dad, who has ridden lots of motorcycles, thinks its not big enough. Considering the fact that the biggest motorcycle I have ridden is an 80cc dirt bike, I think it will be perfect. What does r3v think?

http://halden-fabricius.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by hfabricius View Post
                            Anyone have thoughts on a classic CB500T two cylinder as a first bike? My dad, who has ridden lots of motorcycles, thinks its not big enough. Considering the fact that the biggest motorcycle I have ridden is an 80cc dirt bike, I think it will be perfect. What does r3v think?
                            That's more than adequate. You really don't need more power than that, especially since it's your first bike.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                            VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
                              That's more than adequate. You really don't need more power than that, especially since it's your first bike.
                              Thats what I was thinking, maybe go for a four cylinder since its a smoother running engine. I would rather go for a 350 or 400/450 but I think a 500 would be good for how often I will use it.

http://halden-fabricius.tumblr.com/

Comment

If anything, a four cylinder 500 is going to feel gutless compared to a twin. Go for the twin, enjoy it, sell it in a year when you outgrow it. That's my advice. It's going to feel really slow after not much time on it though, I promise. Those CBs are not very powerful.
                                '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Working...
                                X