The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
    Dude congrats to come back and live the tale! Chased by bears? More pictures!
    No bears but did have to brake for moose a few times.

My first time in Alaska and I have to say, was impressed. One of the most beautiful places I've traveled and incredible motorcycling.

Anyone guess what's under the Hefeweizen in the last pic?

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
      You were at Cinders? Small world. I was in Flag myself at a friend's family cabin. Most of his family left from his cabin to go to Cinders - if we didn't have other friends coming to his cabin we probably would have gone to Cinders too. Hell, even the family in the cabin next door named their dog Cinder.
      ha yea man, place is killer, I take that Raptor whenever I want and tear it up, and usually bring some friends with me and get them hooked on it too, such a blast

Comment

Damn.

Source: http://www.bikeexif.com/bmw-r100r

I know most of you check out bikeexif often, but this thing is one of my newer favs.
        Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by coldweatherblue View Post
          No bears but did have to brake for moose a few times.

My first time in Alaska and I have to say, was impressed. One of the most beautiful places I've traveled and incredible motorcycling.

Anyone guess what's under the Hefeweizen in the last pic?
          Nice place for a hot tub soak
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
            Damn.

Source: http://www.bikeexif.com/bmw-r100r

I know most of you check out bikeexif often, but this thing is one of my newer favs.
            it seems the R100 is a popular platform lately, mono shock rear, bit more updated then the old "slash" bikes, and great lines

really doesnt matter what model it is, its a BMW air head, thats all that matters, I miss my /6 build :(

Comment

DEV0 E30

I never heard of bikeexif until now, so thank you

Comment

Comment

Any of you guys seen the new thruxton r in person? That bike is seriously making me think of making a financial mistake lol.

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
                    Any of you guys seen the new thruxton r in person? That bike is seriously making me think of making a financial mistake lol.
                    I have, great looking bike, they also had one that had a custom fairing on it at my local dealer, im not sure what "edition" it was or if it was something custom, but it looked amazing.

Ive ridded my buddies normal Thruxton, fun bike if not a lil top heavy, but it has tons of charm

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post

Ahh I want to build a supermoto bad! I want a two stroke though, ill rarely take it on the highway as it will be my "urban assault" bike, something to go fuck around on on the side streets/track etc

Thinking about throwing a light kit on a YZ250, or possibly picking up a KTM, I saw this CR500 the other day tho and god damn!

Comment

Jake the Garden Snake lives in my area, been on a few of the rides with them.
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd
                      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I watch his videos religiously, love his content.
                        I dont think I would like a two stroke for street use to be honest and Ive built a few two stroke dirtbikes. Just would be a pain.

Build one! I have about 2500$ into this bike total, really a budget build. I work at at a motor cycle shop which helped alot but if you're smart about it, it can be semi affordable.

Comment

I dont think I would like a two stroke for street use to be honest and Ive built a few two stroke dirtbikes. Just would be a pain.

Build one! I have about 2500$ into this bike total, really a budget build. I work at at a motor cycle shop which helped alot but if you're smart about it, it can be semi affordable.
                          Why not a two stroke for the road?

Comment

I have my CBR and these cafe builds I do for cruising around bikes/highway bikes, having a two stroke supermoto would be just for ripping down to the local hang out spot, quick jaunt to work etc nothing crazy, but we will see what comes my way when I'm ready to build one, preferably when I get my own shop space. Either way, I will own a two stroke road bike again at some point, that RD350 I had was such a blast, smokers will always have a place in my heart and garage! ;)

Originally posted by TroyShark View Post
                            Why not a two stroke for the road?
                            Its more or less personal preference, they can be finicky at the best of times, loud, smokey, need to be rebuilt long before a 4 strokes(although that can vary), unless the bike has an oil injection system, you need to carry pre mix oil around with you for when you fill up etc etc.

Two strokes like/need heavy throttle input, as thats what lubricates the motor, so puttering around town on them can be nerve racking/damaging to the motor, and on the highway they feel like they are reving their guts out, Its just a different style of riding/care that they require that 4 strokes dont need, things like that

Comment

Honestly a yz250 with a plate to rip between trails would be epic.
                              Supermoto wheels are aight offroad, super sketch going down a steep hill though.

Comment

Honestly a yz250 with a plate to rip between trails would be epic.
                                Supermoto wheels are aight offroad, super sketch going down a steep hill though.
                                YZ would be a blast, but i hear the old 90s WR250s are better for super moto builds, basically an enduro YZ250, still a two stroke, longer gearing as they were set up for more trail riding, and they have a lighting coil, where as the YZ does not, and that shit can get pricey. A lot of guys are just rocking rechargeable LED lights, but i'd rather have something more permanent

Comment

Working...
                                X