Official Snowmobile thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Snowmobile thread

With winter coming up I am getting anxious to go riding. Any one here into snowmobiling?
    I have ridden this sled every winter since I started, My dad paid $700 for it 15 years ago, 1988 arctic cat cougar 500. Got something new so I am giving this to my friend so we can ride together.

Just got a new sled, 1991 Yamaha exciter 570, bigger motor, better suspension setup, and way way lighter. It was a free sled so of course it needs some work

Some piston in the carb?

Bar risers, and ktm barpad.

Any one else? Post what you got.

So you have an Old Ditch Pickel and the unreliable version of the Phazer you are gonna have fun with those

wow more time fixing on the trail than riding on it. I want a new mountain sled but I am not gonna be home this winter at all, so there is no point
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Used to be into it. Had a few sleds we would take up to vermont when we went to go skiing. Still have some of the sleds but need to get em out more

Comment

Were I live I get to ride a few times a year and one weekend trip to northern wisconson. I can't justify spending $8k on a sled I wont really use that often. And the exciter is getting new cylinders, top end, fresh carb clean, and im stripping all the oil pump shit, shouldn't be to much left to break on it engine wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince30 View Post
          Were I live I get to ride a few times a year and one weekend trip to northern wisconson. I can't justify spending $8k on a sled I wont really use that often.
          yeah I know the feeling if I was gonna be home more (lately been working all winter and off all summer) this winter like NORMAL I would consider a low hours 2-3 year old Ski-Doo Summit X or Polaris RMK
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

I don't have a snowmobile but do wish i had a sachs 303 engine out of an 80's Arctic cat.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
              I don't have a snowmobile but do wish i had a sachs 303 engine out of an 80's Arctic cat.
              I think you mean the late 60's early 70's Why would you want one of those POS wankels???? When they blow up they are junk all you can do is REPLACE it and they blew UP FREQUENTLY (they can be rebuilt bu they are not the same). not to mention they did not make very good power they were junk and there is a reason they are not using them anymore. How do you think Arctic Cat got the nick name Ditch Pickle. Fucking things sound like a leaf blower and are about the same power out put
              Last edited by mrsleeve; 11-16-2010, 08:43 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

the Michigan trails are still one the BIGGEST things I miss about the U.S. I used to have a 82 Artic cat back in '90, along with the families collection of 6 other sleds. what a blast that was.
                maybe this winter i will visit the brother and go out with him- a good family get-together.

Comment

Last snowmobile I have driven is our 1968 Snowcruiser... Then perhaps a few Elans from Bombardier back in the mid 1970s.

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Holy shit! That thing is to cool!

Comment

I was watching the freestyle competition on the X Games tonight and I saw the competitors flipping up and down these things on the handlebar and I could NOT for the life of me figure out what they were!! It never looked like they were used as extra handles or anything and they were constantly flipping them up and down between jumps. I spent about 2 hours searching all over the internet and came up with nothing. Figured this might be a good thread to try and appease my curiosity.

Thanks

Comment

Machine.

Comment

^ yup

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                            Machine.
                            Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                            ^ yup
                            Wut?

Comment