No announcement yet.

This is Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best way I've found to blur the back ground is shoot shutter priority at about 125 sec, at around F22 (or higher) at ISO100. Those are very ball park settings but that area can give some nice sensation of speed. Its a panned shot, but when you get it right it really works. Oh yeah, my lens is a real POS. Its a Nikkor 70-300 F4-5.6 G series

All of my shots aside from the first one (front of the K wall turn 2) were taken from the end of the K wall at the exit of 2. Those are from the Sonoma Historics at the beginning of the month.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

My chameleon, sir francis bacon

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
        For a moment there I thought you had a press pass and you were down at the K-wall at turn two (my favorite place to shoot.) Then I noticed the fence in the pic. You have a large lens. ;) Nice shot. I hate NASCAR (really lousy racing.) but the shot is great.

Will
        Thanks its the 70-200 2.8 is and I wish they would lower those catch fences lol even an F1 car would have a hard time going fast enough over that crest to really fly into the stands.

And you are getting nice shots at 1/125th without VR that's why I was kinda upset that I couldn't get any results at 80th because I can shoot all the way zoomed in and still stay sharp at 1/20th on a still subject, I'm going to the WTCC event in September and Im assuming I'll be able to raom a little bit more, get to the backstretch for some faster motion blur.

Comment

Man, I suck compared to others. But I'll admit I'm learning.

Notice the beer is straight up and down. The table is the only level thing in my cabin.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by T Verdier View Post
            Thanks its the 70-200 2.8 is and I wish they would lower those catch fences lol even an F1 car would have a hard time going fast enough over that crest to really fly into the stands.

And you are getting nice shots at 1/125th without VR that's why I was kinda upset that I couldn't get any results at 80th because I can shoot all the way zoomed in and still stay sharp at 1/20th on a still subject, I'm going to the WTCC event in September and Im assuming I'll be able to raom a little bit more, get to the backstretch for some faster motion blur.
            I'd like to go see the WTCC event, but I'm not sure if I have the weekend open. I think it might be the same weekend as both the Reno Air races and an autoX event that I need to do down in Monterey. I'm tempted to toss an application in to see if I can get a media pass, but I kinda doubt it would be approved.

VR lenses only work for stationary objects, not ones doing 60+ mph. I'd love to get a stabilized lens, but I've got other things to spend $ on these days. Tamron makes one that looks pretty sweet, but I want a full frame lens and I'm not sure their 70-300 one is full frame. I'm told its better than the Nikon lens, but I haven't used it to say for sure.

Will
            '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
            '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
            '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
            '88 BMW M3

Comment

yeah man you really are a pro, great shots. i cant wait to get to the next race for some practice here are 2 of the 5 of the 1000 that were sharp while panning lol

Comment

looks a little washed out on my lap top but looks great on better monitors and stuff with more contrast or tilt the screen some

last fall looking at western GNP (the peeks with snow) from an unnamed peak in the flathead national forest
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Comment

Yan, Your E30 looks like teh sex on CH's.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Here are some of my latest photographs

Santa Cruz county by sina.pour, on Flickr

Foggy Rock by sina.pour, on Flickr

Beautiful SF day in Late June by sina.pour, on Flickr

Marina Dist. by sina.pour, on Flickr

PoFA by sina.pour, on Flickr

Untitled by sina.pour, on Flickr

Marina by sina.pour, on Flickr

SF by sina.pour, on Flickr

Big Sur by sina.pour, on Flickr

IMG_0042 by sina.pour, on Flickr

30 miles out of Carmel Heights by sina.pour, on Flickr

Pismo Beach by sina.pour, on Flickr

Pismo Beach by sina.pour, on Flickr

Los Padres Forest by sina.pour, on Flickr

Just past Morro Bay, CA by sina.pour, on Flickr

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

^

You need a CPL
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                          ^

You need a CPL
                          That I do. I think I'm gonna look for one online right now.

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Not that good, but figured I'd throw a few shots up.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Here is a couple from the weekend.

Super Guppy

Mad... The exposure was too fast..

T-38

Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Working...
                              X