No announcement yet.

R3V Students thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might have to find a job in the spring with a full course load. Not looking forward to that.

Comment

Anyone from Chicago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It takes me 20 minutes max to walk to school. ilywyo

Comment

Just got a rejection letter from Indiana University's grad school, what a kick in the nuts that is. Well 4 more chances left elsewhere.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
            Just got a rejection letter from Indiana University's grad school, what a kick in the nuts that is. Well 4 more chances left elsewhere.
            Grad school for what?

Comment

Im trying for microbiology grad programs. Looking for research in biofilms, basically multicellular bacterial behavior/resistance.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

God I hate the textbook industry in America.

My Mechatronics professor requires a textbook that is $230 for a new hard cover copy on Amazon. Rental from Amazon isn't an option because they won't ship to the state I'm in for some stupid reason. Then I see there's a paperback version for $30 bucks. Fuck yeah! Ordered that shit as quickly as I could. Now we roll around to today, when the book is delivered. It's the fucking international version. Literally the same thing sold for the US market just with shit scrambled around. So, I have to pay 600% more just to have the problems in the right order. Fuck that. Decided to search around online and found a pdf for free.

If they would just make this stuff reasonably priced, I'd have no issues paying for these books.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                  God I hate the textbook industry in America.

My Mechatronics professor requires a textbook that is $230 for a new hard cover copy on Amazon. Rental from Amazon isn't an option because they won't ship to the state I'm in for some stupid reason. Then I see there's a paperback version for $30 bucks. Fuck yeah! Ordered that shit as quickly as I could. Now we roll around to today, when the book is delivered. It's the fucking international version. Literally the same thing sold for the US market just with shit scrambled around. So, I have to pay 600% more just to have the problems in the right order. Fuck that. Decided to search around online and found a pdf for free.

If they would just make this stuff reasonably priced, I'd have no issues paying for these books.
                  X a billion!!! Its such bull! 300 dollar books with constant new editions that are the same damn thing just reshuffled with 1 extra paragraph per chapter. Fucking racket they have going and they damn well know it.

The damn bookstore has the same shit you can rent on amazon for like 10% of the cost. Usually a book the bookstore has for 150 is like 30 to rent on amazon. Fuck the bookstore.

ANNNNNND to add insult to injury, in Wa (idk about other states) we have to pay SALES TAX on the books at their hugely inflated prices. We're students and can't afford the damn books as it is, and then they add almost 10% to the cost in fucking sales tax!!!
                  Need to start an initiative to make schoolbooks tax free.

Don't even start about parking passes either,at my school a 2 day pass is 91 bucks so you can have the PRIVILEGE of fighting over spots because they keep accepting more kids but adding no more parking. They act like we have a choice in driving in, I know I and many others undoubtedly don't have a choice. I live 45 miles away and a bus isn't an option, like at all.

Don't even ask me about Beta Al PSI meetings that I could never make because of scheduling issues. When I set up my class schedule for this quarter, I left a spot open when BAP was last quarter. Then come to find out that they moved the day! Now I'm for sure not driving 90 miles round trip and wasting 2+hrs driving just for that! In rush hour no less.

ugh only finish this qtr then spring qtr left.
                  /rant.

I do like school, but there is some genuine BS on some issues.
                  -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                  08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                  318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                  '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                  Originally posted by roguetoaster
                  Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

I was just bitching about the price of books. I am required to take a fucking PE class for electrical engineering.... Scam.. But whatever, do what you gotta do. Now im in the class and all the assignments are in this book which is $110 from the bookstore.

LOL GO FUCK YOURSELF SCHOOL

If i cant find a pdf of the book i will be dropping the class.

Comment

Yeah why do I have to take two flipping art classes to become and accountant?!?!? Couldn't we use those for more excel or other training!?!?
                      -Christian

Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

PE has a textbook?

I mean i can understand handouts about exercises/health stuff but an entire textbook seems a bit much.
                        '91 325i

Comment

Originally posted by thatphysicsguy View Post
                          PE has a textbook?

I mean i can understand handouts about exercises/health stuff but an entire textbook seems a bit much.
                          True that
                          -Christian

Comment

Originally posted by MF DOOM View Post
                            I was just bitching about the price of books. I am required to take a fucking PE class for electrical engineering.... Scam.. But whatever, do what you gotta do. Now im in the class and all the assignments are in this book which is $110 from the bookstore.

LOL GO FUCK YOURSELF SCHOOL

If i cant find a pdf of the book i will be dropping the class.

reminds me of this meme I saw the other day lol

I'm glad I never need textbooks. even when we do theres always a pdf PROVIDED. we don't even have to search for it.
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic
                            @joshua.j.rizo

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf
                            Just remember next time you hear "late night when you need my love" I'm gonna be sitting somewhere way more bitchin' than you, driving or not.

BUY MY BUGATTI WHEELS:
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=377693

WRITEUP TO MY RHD SWAP:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371904

Comment

My economics text book is $220 new. ...if I want to rent it from the school store... $155. For a rental!!!! Went online... Found a 2 edition behind (prof said it is nearly identical) one online for $5. Granted I still spent $290 more for the rest of my books, but that econ book made me feel like I won the lotto.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
                              (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

have to blow $300+ on biology this semester 1 for the book they only make in hardback, and then another $85 for the fucking lab manual you cant rent because you write in it.

i was talking to my bio teacher, he used to let kids scan the lab manual and share the pages, i guess like 2 years ago, 3 suited up lawyers showed up to his class and gave him and 6 students cease and desist letters and were warned if they continued to do it they would be sued. fucking bull shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X