"Snapshot" from Progressive....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Snapshot" from Progressive....

I just saw this big brother sh*t on a commercial while I was watching House. "I just plug it in(to the obd2 port) and in 30 days, i'm saving money".

Here it comes creeping in for real.....

Your thoughts???
    -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Big Brother under the hood? read about this quite a while ago. if people accept this, it will be "mandatory" everywhere within 5 years I bet.

this is not at all ok imho.

(hav'nt seen the add's, I assume this is the monitor that records all Auto speed/rpm/braking,etc. data...)
    Originally Posted by ACMF74
    i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

Comment

Yes this prospect makes me very scared.

The fact that there are people out there willing to give up so much privacy to save a couple of hundred bucks or less a year disgusted me and saddens me a great deal
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        Yes this prospect makes me very scared.

The fact that there are people out there willing to give up so much privacy to save a couple of hundred bucks or less a year disgusted me and saddens me a great deal
        My thoughts exactly

Bahama Beige E23 Project
        Bluebird Bus Conversion
        New Oregon Trail

Comment

So its pretty much a black box and a big brother in one? I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Ill stick with my turbo obd1 m50 lol

Comment

well if you have a second car that only your grandmother drives, sure stick it on and get the discount. i know my rates would sky rocket if i even thought about this lol.

Comment

Devon you'd be fucked ahahah. As would most of us.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Originally posted by Jafxod View Post
                  Ill stick with my turbo obd1 m50 lol
                  Turbo smog exempt 2002 and what's an OBD port, standalone baby.

Yep

Comment

I bet it still costs more than my current plan. progressive/geico/allstate can suck it.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Can't wait till some one hacks it. Drive fast, and pay less.
                      Originally posted by Matt-B
                      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Then it will be a major federal investigation, FCC involved and your made a fool of on TV to discourage others. Sounds about right?

How about no to this idea. It is all going this way though. Very troubling all these sheep.

Comment

Fuck that shit
                          sigpic

Comment

lol what? link please

Comment

Originally posted by CabrioPunk View Post
                              Then it will be a major federal investigation, FCC involved and your made a fool of on TV to discourage others. Sounds about right?
                              not really.
                              Originally posted by Matt-B
                              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                              X