The Alfa Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rloewy View Post
    The GTV is mine. The gulf blue 911 next to it is a Carrera RS. I would take it is as well if I could afford it...

As for the other 911s, I prefer driving my Alfa to them (was close to buying a 911T before I settled into the comfort of Alfa ownership), even if it did not go crazy up in price as the others. I did not buy it as an investment vehicle anyway.
    Is that a '69 or 71 1750 built to look like a GTAM? If its a true '69 US Spec 105.51 GTV, there are less than 200 of them left (Of the 640 built according to the Alfa museum historian). Its a very rare creature. I really miss mine. I had one of the lowest known serial number cars, number 324 (1530324 was its ID). I'm not sure if I mentioned it in an earlier posting but according to Jon Norman, my car was the first Alfa to come into Steven Griswolds shop in Berkeley with the Spica injection. He remembers all the guys standing around looking at it because they had no clue how to tune it. The only reason he remembered the car was because he worked with the brother of the guy I got it from at Griswolds.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
      Is that a '69 or 71 1750 built to look like a GTAM? If its a true '69 US Spec 105.51 GTV, there are less than 200 of them left (Of the 640 built according to the Alfa museum historian). Its a very rare creature. I really miss mine. I had one of the lowest known serial number cars, number 324 (1530324 was its ID). I'm not sure if I mentioned it in an earlier posting but according to Jon Norman, my car was the first Alfa to come into Steven Griswolds shop in Berkeley with the Spica injection. He remembers all the guys standing around looking at it because they had no clue how to tune it. The only reason he remembered the car was because he worked with the brother of the guy I got it from at Griswolds.
      It is a '69 - according to Marco Fazio from the CENTRO DOCUMENTAZIONE ALFA ROMEO

According to our documentation files, the chassis number AR XXXXXXX originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo 1750 GT Veloce USA (105.51), manufactured on the 9th January 1969 and sold on the 15th January 1969 to Alfa Romeo Newark, USA.
      The body colour is Alfa red (AR 501), with black skai interiors.

----

Sometime in the 80s a bus ran into the side of the car in Seattle and it was rebuilt as a GTam street/track car. It has been converted to Webers over the SPICA - and I can understand why you miss your old one. They are fantastic beasts. I also own a '67 GT Jr - and there is no comparison between the cars as far as driving pleasure is concerned. The '69 is a real gem.
      Past - 1991 318i, 1972 '02

Comment

A rare animal, nice.

Yeah, 911s or rare Alfas were out of my range long ago…..

Moar pics of deliveries!

Click image for larger version

Name:	threesome alfa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	7172456

Comment

Alfa News

From Automotive News Europe -

LOS ANGELES -- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles will debut Alfa Romeo's new midsized sedan next June, according to Automotive News Europe sources.

The sedan will be positioned in the market between the BMW 3 series and BMW 5 series, sources said. Codenamed project 952, the sedan is a successor to the Europe-only 159. Originally due in 2014 badged as the Giulia, the new sedan most likely will get a different name.

On the sedan, Alfa Romeo will debut its new range of gasoline direct-injection engines featuring single or twin turbochargers. Planned are a 2.2-liter inline-four rated from 180 to 330 hp and a 3.3-liter V-6 with output from 400 to more than 500 hp.

Other planned models:
          Midsize SUV: An Audi Q5 rival.
          Large sedan: Alfa Romeo’s new flagship, to rival the Audi A8 and BMW 7 series, will be a large version of the new midsize sedan. It will have powerful versions of the new engine range.
          4C Spider (targa)
          Midsize roadster: Alfa is working on a roadster that will use a shortened version of the midsize sedan platform. The Alfa roadster will offer more engines than the Mazda-based FIAT model, which can only accommodate Fiat’s 1.4-liter engine used by the Alfa Giulietta. The larger roadster's engines will include the turbocharged 1.8-liter inline-four of the 4C coupe and a new 2.2-liter inline-four.
          Midsize coupe: This derivative of the midsize sedan will comfortably seat four adults.
          Large SUV (too bad)
          Compact hatchback/sedan and coupe Maybe FWD - undecided.

Future Alfas also will have gasoline and diesel engines specific to the brand and a Green Cloverleaf high-performance engine for each nameplate.

A team of more than 300 engineers is working on the new nameplates in Modena, Italy, where Ferrari and Maserati are headquartered. The team is set to double in size to 600 people by the end of next year. Both the chassis and engine bosses are former Ferrari employees.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
            [ATTACH]91247[/ATTACH]

F430 V8 by Hennessey…..not.

http://jalopnik.com/if-ferrari-and-h...a-r-1660381161
            i love the martini livery
            In Marburg kann man sehr gut wohnen.
            Die Umgebung ist schön mit vielen Wäldern.

Comment

It is a '69 - according to Marco Fazio from the CENTRO DOCUMENTAZIONE ALFA ROMEO

According to our documentation files, the chassis number AR XXXXXXX originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo 1750 GT Veloce USA (105.51), manufactured on the 9th January 1969 and sold on the 15th January 1969 to Alfa Romeo Newark, USA.
              The body colour is Alfa red (AR 501), with black skai interiors.

----

Sometime in the 80s a bus ran into the side of the car in Seattle and it was rebuilt as a GTam street/track car. It has been converted to Webers over the SPICA - and I can understand why you miss your old one. They are fantastic beasts. I also own a '67 GT Jr - and there is no comparison between the cars as far as driving pleasure is concerned. The '69 is a real gem.
              That sounds exactly like what my car was. AR501 with black skai interior. What was the VIN? I wonder how close it was to mine.

Will
              '88 BMW M3

Comment

That sounds exactly like what my car was. AR501 with black skai interior. What was the VIN? I wonder how close it was to mine.

Will
                Mine is 0187, a bit earlier than your car.
                Past - 1991 318i, 1972 '02

Comment

Mine is 0187, a bit earlier than your car.
                  Yes that is a very early one. I think mine was built in October '69.

Last I heard, my car was being sent to Vintage Customs in the Seattle area to have a later rear end grafted onto it. I haven't heard anything since. It was as original and rust free as they get. Now that its easy to get reproduction body panels, I wish I had hung onto it.

Will
                  '88 BMW M3

Comment

Here's a '69 restoration underway - taking several years..

Name:	bb_0001.jpg
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	7172468

Name:	bb_0003.jpg
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	7172469

Name:	bb_0006.jpg
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	7172470

Name:	IMG_6661.jpg
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	7172471

Name:	IMG_6715.jpg
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	7172472

Comment

[ATTACH]91698[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]91699[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]91700[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]91701[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]91702[/ATTACH]

Comment

Here is what mine looked like after appearing from the barn.

What it looked like a month later

Now onto the next project.
                        You know you are in for some work when you find the car like this...

Looking a little better...

That hurt... Anyone have a nose section for a '59 101 series Sprint? It would make my life so much easier.

Will
                        '88 BMW M3

Comment

Estate Sale Find: 1969 Alfa Romeo Boattail Basketcase

So sad….

Bring A Trailer -

Learn more about Estate Sale Find: 1969 Alfa Romeo BoatTail Basketcase on Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online.

Comment

$900 cheap enough to become a lemons racer

so anyone see this yet?

ferarri 250 swb california barn find?

From Corvettes to Aston Martins, the rising prices commanded by classic cars — especially unrestored, mostly original examples — has created a goldmine for those who hunt for old vehicles rotting away unattended in some barn. Today, a French auction house revealed a discovery it called the King Tut of barn finds; a treasure trove of 60 European cars, including a rare Ferrari missing for decades, that had been slowly decaying in western France.
                            Last edited by M-technik-3; 12-05-2014, 03:50 PM.
                            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I see Spokane just got a Alfa dealer. Becker Fiat and Alfa.
                              Back in the 70's I bought a 65 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider.
                              had a roll bar was gutted blue streak racing slicks primer gray
                              and a young mans dreams of auto crossing it. In El Paso Well that never happened was young and dumb.
                              My High School buddy in Dallas still has his GTV that we spent many a day
                              stoned out of our minds, cruising around El paso and las Cruces.
                              Beat the heck out of my MGB.
                              any way carry on great pics of those Alfa's brings back some found memories

Directly above the center of the Earth

Comment

... Anyone have a nose section for a '59 101 series Sprint? It would make my life so much easier.

Will
                                Too bad this doesn't fit - it's for a Spider, correct?

Part #1495-26704, still has the sticker on it. Had it hanging on his wall for 30 years. $2600.

Name:	750:101 Part # 1495-26704.jpg
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	7172588

Comment

Working...
                                X