Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlackbirdM3
    replied

Is it me, or do those look like E30 Sport seats that have been adapted to a Sprint? I just found the pic while going through my archives.

Will

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    1968 Monza 1000km
    Tipo 33 V8

Click image for larger version

Name:	Alfa 33-2 1968 75033-007 #26 Gosselin-Trosch 1000km Monza 68-S.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	7193570

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    Originally posted by tttoon View Post
    I think it's just a 2013 Sauber with some paint
    Yep!

Name:	saub-hulk-suzu-2013-41.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	7193534

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    I thought it was way early to be unveiling a new design, and I hadn't read anything about nose rule changes.

Name:	Scuderia-Ferrari-Alfa-Romeo-Tipo-B-P3-16-740x494.jpg
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	7193533

Leave a comment:

• tttoon
    replied
    Originally posted by LateFan View Post
    You could have a picnic on that nose! I don't really understand driving modern F1 cars - your feet must be up around hand level. Isn't that a really odd position to get used to?
    I think it's just a 2013 Sauber with some paint on it to get a few articles on the back of the Alfa Romeo news. I'm pretty disappointed they're sticking with Ericsson, he's had plenty of chances.

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    Alfa Romeo's colourful F1 history

Maurice Hamilton - ESPN

"Political and superficial it may be, but the return of the Alfa Romeo name to Formula 1 is a nice touch. Setting aside the obvious political implications of Ferrari chairman Sergio Marchionne strengthening his bargaining hand, the linking of the famous marque with Sauber brings a certain feel of tradition that does no harm."

"Alfa Romeo's competition history runs deep, even if the last incarnation between 1979 and 1985 was mildly embarrassing for this proud name. Alfa Romeo was winning races when Enzo Ferrari was a lad; indeed, Ferrari would cut his managerial teeth running a team for the car manufacturer in the days before the World Championship."

"When the Commendatore went off to do his own thing, Ferrari and Alfa would engage in titanic battles, Juan Manuel Fangio later referring to the Alfa Romeo 159 as a sentimental favourite thanks to winning his first championship in 1951. This would be the second in succession for Alfa, after claiming the inaugural title with Giuseppe 'Nino' Farina."

Nino Farina, 1950

Name:	Nino Farina 1950.jpeg
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	7193492
    Last edited by LateFan; 12-04-2017, 09:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied

Name:	pbzxjag0x5xoumhxch53.jpg
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	7193475

Name:	DQCVxkgVwAAky0T.jpg
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	7193476

Name:	qd4fuyvnrivjkdoehyng.jpg
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	7193477

Returning driver Marcus Ericsson and F2 Champion Charles Leclerc.

You could have a picnic on that nose! I don't really understand driving modern F1 cars - your feet must be up around hand level. Isn't that a really odd position to get used to?

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    Right - HAAS and now Sauber Alfa will use Ferrari power units, and are considered the junior Ferrari teams. It does say they'll use 2018 power units, but I always wonder why the parent team would give the junior team the latest go-fast gear. I guess in the old days nearly everybody was buying Cosworth Ford V8s, but they were all supposedly equal.

Leave a comment:

• ELVA164
    replied
    So that makes HAAS the Ferrari B Team and Sauber the C Team.
    Alfa and Sauber are the same team.

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    So that makes HAAS the Ferrari B Team and Sauber the C Team.

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    Headline: Alfa Romeo Returns to F1 with Sauber

"The Alfa Romeo brand will return to Formula 1 in 2018 as a partner to Sauber and Ferrari, ending a more than 30-year absence from the grid."

"Sauber confirmed on Wednesday that it has finalized a "multi-year technical and commercial partnership" with Alfa Romeo. Under the deal, the team will be known as the Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 team, and the 2018 car will carry Alfa Romeo logos and use 2018 Ferrari power units."

So it sounds like it's mostly stickers, but with Ferrari power.

"...this will be the marque's highest-profile involvement in F1 since 1985, the final year of a seven-year involvement as a factory team."

"Prior to that, Alfa Romeo won the first two F1 titles in 1950 and 1951 with Giuseppe 'Nino' Farina and Juan Manuel Fangio."

"And it was a leading team in the pre-war predecessor of F1, the European championship, when it became synonymous with legendary drivers such as Tazio Nuvolari and Achille Varzi."

Last works team entry, 1985....

Name:	85_BEL36.jpg
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	7193460

The Alfa Romeo brand is returning to Formula 1 for the first time since 1985 after agreeing a new partnership with the Swiss-based Sauber team.

Few car companies have more motorsports history than Alfa Romeo. Enzo Ferrari actually got his start running its racing team in the 1930s, and even today Ferrari’s Formula One cars still carry the Alfa logo. But for more than 30 years now, Alfa’s been absent from the top tier of open-wheel racing. That’s kind of sad!…

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    Nice Giulietta Sprint on BaT...

Bid for the chance to own a 1959 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #6,418.

Name:	sprintveloce_47-620x413.jpg
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	7193394

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    Hey JRK, I just watched the rest of it - there are some nice ones in there, and a tipo 33 V8 at 6:50! Then a flat 12 after that.

Leave a comment:

• flyboyx
    replied
    That's quite a ways over the top, isn't it. Hurts my eyes.
    agreed but at least it has function in contrast to the crap kids "adorn" their rides with now days.

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
    love GTVs....Love CSLs...

but this?....FUGLY!!!!!!!

http://ebnu.atg4s.top/u3v_E4hFj14/Be.../ImsoDown.html
    That's quite a ways over the top, isn't it. Hurts my eyes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X