No announcement yet.

Official Skateboarding Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah probably sky pager. Big ass size 62 pants and shit. Those where the days.

Comment

Dang looks like the Ishod e30 decks are no longer available. I knew I should have ordered as many as I could.

325iX Turdbo Rally/Hillclimb/Beater

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
        Yeah probably sky pager. Big ass size 62 pants and shit. Those where the days.
        I don't think big pants or small wheels are ever coming back, but those sure were the days...

Thanks fraser for checking on that, that's shitty
        sigpic
        1991 318is x 2 .

Comment

Originally posted by Fsnow View Post
          I don't think big pants or small wheels are ever coming back, but those sure were the days...

Thanks fraser for checking on that, that's shitty
          I'm glad big pants are gone but street and park skaters are still running 50-55mm wheels.

IG @turbovarg
          '91 318is, M20 turbo
          [CoTM: 4-18]
          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
          - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
            I'm glad big pants are gone but street and park skaters are still running 50-55mm wheels.
            I'm trying to remember exact sizes but 40-45 maybe? They were hardly bigger than the bearings. You had to push like a mofo and would eat shit on every Crack or tiny pebble. Maybe lighter and easier to flip? They were shit tho
            sigpic
            1991 318is x 2 .

Comment

I'm trying to remember exact sizes but 40-45 maybe? They were hardly bigger than the bearings. You had to push like a mofo and would eat shit on every Crack or tiny pebble. Maybe lighter and easier to flip? They were shit tho
              I don't remember seeing wheels that small in the old mags I've looked through, but I was too young to skate back then, so you probably know better than I do. I generally won't skate with wheels smaller than 60mm because the 50s suck to ride on any kind of rough asphalt or expansion joints.

I'm kind of bugged that I can't skate worth crap anymore. What came so easily as a teenager is now actually fairly hard to pick back up, almost 10 years later.

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              - updated 3-17

Comment

plan b little dogs were 40mm.
                they made wheels called 39ers.... they were 39mm
                I never got into anything smaller than 50mm
                I'm kind of bugged that I can't skate worth crap anymore. What came so easily as a teenager is now actually fairly hard to pick back up, almost 10 years later.
                You need to change your expectations. Its a young mans game even though it has gotten easier with technology.
                Yours truly,
                Rich
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Rigmaster
                you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by delatlanta1281 View Post
                  You need to change your expectations. Its a young mans game even though it has gotten easier with technology.
                  I'm 26

I'm a little taller and heavier than I was at 16, stamina is a little worse, didn't expect to get back on and have forgotten how to do it all though. I can barely ollie

IG @turbovarg
                  '91 318is, M20 turbo
                  - updated 3-17

Comment

Look what I found 4 u guys.
                    Don't know what mm but the
                    style was more of a "I can't afford new wheels do u think I skate for a living or something?" :)

Comment

I'm 26

I'm a little taller and heavier than I was at 16, stamina is a little worse, didn't expect to get back on and have forgotten how to do it all though. I can barely ollie
                      If you did it more often it would be easier. Not like you're trying for sponsors just go have fun.
                      I took a few years off after being hit by a drunk driver , and another stupid ass hole. I missed it too much and pushed myself to start over. Gonna be a long winter though, I haven't got any indoor anymore.
                      I found some old wheels in the basement, 41.5mm faze 1 formula one single bearing. What a terrible idea! I never rode them but got them from a friend. Found some other worn out wheels and measured -36mm
                      sigpic
                      1991 318is x 2 .

Comment

If you did it more often it would be easier. Not like you're trying for sponsors just go have fun.
                        I took a few years off after being hit by a drunk driver , and another stupid ass hole. I missed it too much and pushed myself to start over. Gonna be a long winter though, I haven't got any indoor anymore.
                        I found some old wheels in the basement, 41.5mm faze 1 formula one single bearing. What a terrible idea! I never rode them but got them from a friend. Found some other worn out wheels and measured -36mm
                        That's a bummer. I didn't quit for reasons quite so dramatic, I quit when I started college because I knew an injury would put me way behind in flight school. Then that fell through and, well, I just never got back into it, I was too busy working full time and going to school. Winter is the best time to do anything outdoors in FL so I'm looking forward to it.

41.5mm single bearing? Sounds like pursuit of lightness. I can imagine that a 7.5" board with lightweight trucks and 41.5mm wheels with single bearings would be super light for fast flip tricks and high ollies.

IG @turbovarg
                        '91 318is, M20 turbo
                        - updated 3-17

Comment

That's a bummer. I didn't quit for reasons quite so dramatic, I quit when I started college because I knew an injury would put me way behind in flight school. Then that fell through and, well, I just never got back into it, I was too busy working full time and going to school. Winter is the best time to do anything outdoors in FL so I'm looking forward to it.

41.5mm single bearing? Sounds like pursuit of lightness. I can imagine that a 7.5" board with lightweight trucks and 41.5mm wheels with single bearings would be super light for fast flip tricks and high ollies.
                          I applaud you for starting again. So many people say they are going to get back into it, generally once they stop that's it. It is hard and frustrating at first.

The single bearing wheels were light but I can't find the hardware that took up the extra space so overall I'm not sure. I don't believe they were good for much. I like 56-58mm with 1/8" riser pads and indys.
                          sigpic
                          1991 318is x 2 .

Comment

Did anyone check out the street league super crown world championship? Particularly the women's part? Leticia fucking rips! They all really go for it, kind of blew my mind
                            sigpic
                            1991 318is x 2 .

Comment

Did anyone check out the street league super crown world championship? Particularly the women's part? Leticia fucking rips! They all really go for it, kind of blew my mind
                              she's hot
                              1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
                              1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                              Roundie alpina pig cheekā€™d (1969)
                              1967 2002 parts car
                              1994 318iS junked.

Comment

I cant watch street league or any contest really. Shits so boring to me. Theres very few contests that ill watch. Other than that theres too many good videos out there. I watch Yeah Right at least once a week and whatever footy thrasher posts. The Our Life video they just posted is great btw

Comment

Working...
                                X