No announcement yet.

has anyone used rockauto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ordered RSM's from them, that didn't even fit int the openings. on the flip side, I bought a good, cheap reverse light switch that was fine, and a pronto fuel filter, which also seems alright. I can't really remember what else I've gotten from them, but it wasn't a lot of stuff, and I haven't been having issues except for the shock mounts.

--Mike
    (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Have ordered tons of stuff from them. Watch shipping and enjoy. They ship super fast in my experience.
      Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
      Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
      Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

i bought the brembo blank rotors from them. fast shipping, super cheap, correct parts. I'd buy from them again, but i hate the customer interface on their website.
        sigpic
        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

they are legit. have done business with them in the past

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
          Ig:ryno_pzk
          I like the tuna here.
          Originally posted by lambo
          Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

don't buy the super cheap shit on their site, if you can spring for the parts with a little heart next to the part number - typically that's the good stuff.

their cheapest stuff (i.e. brands you've never heard of) typically come from factories where a 30% part failure rate is acceptable

Comment

Used them several times in the past. Just got my Behr Radiator from them yesterday. Great price, fast shipping (ordered Tuesday, here yesterday).

As mentioned.... probably best to stay away from the cheap cheep parts but most of the time when I'm browsing they seem to have a decent selection of price ranges.
              -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
              '95 525iT
              '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
              '98 Disco 1

Comment

never had any issues with them. good fast supplier.
                sigpic

Comment

I have purchased some parts from them. Mainly for domestic cars though. Stay away from the cheap stuff, which is the same as anywhere, and don't expect much customer service. They shipped me a radiator three times in just its manufactures box. Each time it showed up broken and when I tried to explain why, I got nowhere. Eventually the 4th one was unbroken. It nearly became a running joke. I was worried that they were going to run out.
                  Originally posted by Sonny
                  I am a meme for our community.

Comment

It is what it is!!!!!!

that being said, If you arent in a rush, and you want economic parts, they are good, but shipping can be bad. you really need to pick and choose what you get.
                    I ordered calipers, loaded. the one was not complete, they quickly refunded me some money.

remember what they are, and what they are NOT, THEY ARE NOT A NAPA, OR PEP BOYS.

this company buys old stock, in lot deals. all the junk that could have been returned from the guy (we all know one) who buys a cheap part, and puts it in an expensive box to return it for extra cash, or robbed parts from a box and returns the remains.
                    they buy it all up cheap, stock it and wait for it to be needed. so yes, its a gamble.
                    my experiences I would rate a 80% satisfaction.

another example, shipping to canada for a SLEW of BMW parts for my car, was only $20. to get a cap and rotor for my 95 ford pick up, it was $40, it doesnt hurt to shop there, but if you wanted the part yesterday, then go to local store and get it, if its a project and you have time to kill for shipping or maybe a wrong part, then use them, they can be a great money saver. They can also be a big headache, if you expect them to as knowledgable as Blunt or IE.

sigpic1984 318i Total conversion to a DIRT race car.
                    Check out our build on facebook @ www.facebook.com/brewstermotorsports

Comment

i love buying parts from them since they are so cheap. there are lots of parts that they don't have listed on the site though. perhaps you can call and order directly? if i need something asap, i usually use napa or vatozone.

i have had really good luck. i also try to buy parts with the red heart next to it.
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

If you are careful to what brand you are purchasing your parts and from where they ship from, you should be fine. Other than that, RockAuto is great!
                        http://rockautocoupons.com

Comment

I bought a few auto parts from RockAuto over the years. They are reliable, cheap and has a good customer service.
                          RockAutoDiscountCodes.org

Comment

lol them Rock Auto bots be hitting the forums HARD.

Looks like some sleazy shit my boss would do to generate business.
                            sigpic
                            1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

Okay first of all Rock Auto is a parts broker. They don't buy anything. The shitty service you receive is from the companies warehousing the parts. I use RockAuto but not all the time. Ive only had one bad incident and the part was so cheap I tossed it and reordered it. Depends how much cheaper they are for the same brand. Using my friends shop account I can get rock auto pricing locally. I use FCP Groton for BMW parts as they have lifetime warranty on EVERY part, even electronics
                              Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

They are legit (i'm legit too!)

I've bought a bunch of stuff off of them over the years- just watch out because they do supply a lot of shit e30 parts (URO)
                                555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
                                '95 BMW e34 525i
                                '92 BMW e30 325i S52 Vert (Quade the Vert)
                                '92 Range Rover Classic
                                '90 Range Rover Classic
                                '89 BMW e30 325i Coupe (The DIRTY30)
                                '81 VW MK1 Rabbit Caddy Diesel
                                '76 Honda CB550K Cafe/Brat
                                '67 Pontiac LeMans
                                '24 Model T Depot Hack
                                ....And a bunch of Motobecane, Puch, Garelli, Batavus and Honda 49cc-78cc Mopeds...

Comment

Working...
                                X