OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
    Nice buy. And isn't the Sport an LR3/4 underneath? So a pretty solid truck.
    Yeah LR4 underneath, in fact the front core support is the same part number.

I did test drive a full size, and a supercharged 4.2L (2006) but the 2010+ interior really sold me, its light-years ahead.

Plus with the 5L its 350HP/350TQ, so no need for the supercharged version.. although the 5L SC is 500+ HP.. which is way too god damn fast (yeah I said it) for an SUV

Comment

Check this guy out - restoring RRC's to perfect condition in Vermont...

Taylor Congleton grew up on the water, in South Hero, Vermont—an island in the midst of Lake Champlain, tucked quietly away between upstate New York and the Quebec border. Nowadays he raises three majestic hound dogs who occasionally inspect his work. On the weekends he sails a hydrofoil catamaran painted with Flying…

He does a beautiful job. But to campare it to Singer is just silly - he's restoring them to perfect new condition, sure, but all OEM / stock. If it were me, for that amount of work and money, I'd say why not take that opportunity to get rid of all the Lucas smoke parts and sensors and wiring harness, and design a new harness and engine management system from scratch. It can look stock but function way better than originally designed.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
        Check this guy out - restoring RRC's to perfect condition in Vermont...

Taylor Congleton grew up on the water, in South Hero, Vermont—an island in the midst of Lake Champlain, tucked quietly away between upstate New York and the Quebec border. Nowadays he raises three majestic hound dogs who occasionally inspect his work. On the weekends he sails a hydrofoil catamaran painted with Flying…

He does a beautiful job. But to campare it to Singer is just silly - he's restoring them to perfect new condition, sure, but all OEM / stock. If it were me, for that amount of work and money, I'd say why not take that opportunity to get rid of all the Lucas smoke parts and sensors and wiring harness, and design a new harness and engine management system from scratch. It can look stock but function way better than originally designed.
        It's Jalopnik...
        They wouldn't know how to write a factual or reality based automotive article if it was handed to them by a real writer.
        Below the radar...

Comment

Wow! A P38 just sold for over $14k on BaT yesterday! :mrgreen:
          -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
          '95 525iT
          '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
          '98 Disco 1

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSpeed66 View Post
            Wow! A P38 just sold for over $14k on BaT yesterday! :mrgreen:
            Ugh.

Ugh.....
            1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Original Camel Trophy '92 Discovery for sale on Hemmings. Dents still on it, race equipment, and original tires...

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-shot-2018-02-08-at-2-14-37-pm-1518117337.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	7194125

Click image for larger version

Name:	camelfront-1518117380.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	7194126

Comment

Bought my first RRC! Picked it up in the most Northern part of Holland 2 weeks ago. It's a 1985 RHD car that was imported to Holland back in the early 2000's and has sat in a barn ever since. Haven't found anything online about the two tone paint job, the color is pretty much the main reason why I bought it!

Plans are to do the mechanical stuff this spring, get the sills welded up, register it and have some fun in the spring/summer and do a complete teardown next winter.
                Instagram : makeitsnap

1985 e28 520i

Comment

Giving up on the classics, going to test my patience on the p38. Wish me luck

Comment

The guys at RR.net are an invaluable wealth of knowledge over there. Still loving mine!

Edit: I still stand by this statement despite the fact that my passenger’s HVAC blower has become possessed and is currently living by its own rules. ;)
                    Last edited by BlackSpeed66; 03-07-2018, 12:05 PM.
                    -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
                    '95 525iT
                    '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
                    '98 Disco 1

Comment

I've recently been interested in building an offroad vehicle to have some fun in. Disco 1's have really caught my eye as they look great, perform well on and offroad, and seem relatively simple to work on. Am I completely out of my mind? What should I look for in a D1?
                      84 325e, Saphirblau Metallic/Houndstooth Sport, OBD-2 M52B28/ zf320

Comment

Originally posted by yngtmr View Post
                        I've recently been interested in building an offroad vehicle to have some fun in. Disco 1's have really caught my eye as they look great, perform well on and offroad, and seem relatively simple to work on. Am I completely out of my mind? What should I look for in a D1?
                        Rust, rust and more rust
                        Instagram : makeitsnap

1985 e28 520i

Comment

Disco's have hit the floor on price. Good time to pick one up. I was also thinking about getting a disco then i saw a P38 Rhino edition and that was it.

Comment

I read on another forum that unless you want to rock crawl in some tube chassis monster, a used LR3 is just as capable and much more reliable and nice than a disco.
                            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

D1s are basically the same underneath as a Defender.

That said, I prefer D2s for the extra comforts (They're like the e46 of Rovers...just enough to have all you need, but not too complicated), and will probably prefer a LR3 eventually when I get my shit together and shuffle the deck.
                              1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

The end of this one is nuts...

Una prueba increíble para un Land Rover, subiendo en mas de 45 grados. Cualquier error sabia que era fatal.

I'm obviously biased now, but it seems the LR3/4 has a Ford electrical system, Volvo switches, a torquey bulletproof Jaguar V8 with lots of oil and special seals, and an awesome traction sensor and offroad system. Now everybody is copying the terrain response and hill descent stuff. They weigh almost 6000 lbs, but that's another issue.
                                Last edited by LateFan; 03-14-2018, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X