No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking I want to get a Land Rover... which is better, a Disco 1, a Disco 2, or a Range Rover Classic? Seems like they all fall into about the same price category, maybe slightly higher for a Disco 2. Any motor to avoid at all costs or do they all seem to have the same issues?
    sigpic
    e30 Sold long ago - Too many BMWs since then... For now 2006 M5

Comment

RRC is top of my list. Disco 1 is a close second. Wouldn't touch anything 2 and up.

I love Discos, they're so, quirky. They've got cool things going on, but RRCs, well, IDK, I just like them better. Especially 1995.
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Love the look of RRC.

Comment

I love my Discovery II thus far. 99.5 - 2000 is where its at as you can add the CDL linkages.

Bosch > Lucus. I looked at Disco 1's, but didn't see any reason to get one over a II, especially with GEMS/Lucas onboard.

Comment

If I could have found one, a Coniston Green 5-spd RRC is my ideal truck. With a 3" lift and charcoal 3-spoke wheels, please

Comment

Fuck Rover for changing seat design from 1995 to 1996.

This is the Stuarts Deaft Rover Club meet at Slammin BMW Dismantler LLC.

Comment

Sweet chop top E28

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                Bluebird Bus Conversion
                New Oregon Trail

Comment

Anybody have any idea why ABS would not be functioning at low speeds on my Disco II? Had to back down an icy snow packed logging road yesterday and it would have been fantastic. No lights are on, Traction control is working great. etc.

I have not done a road test of it, but it did work when I first bought it. Ended up using my parking brake and my brakes to give me a little additional rear brake action.

Comment

Had some fun over the weekend.

Comment

ABS in my Rover wants to kill me by not letting me use more than half braking power, and sometimes randomly grabbing the brakes.

Thats why I pulled it out.

Also 94-95 Discos are what you want, no GEMS shit just a regular old Distributor.

Also 8 MPG BABI.
                      1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

yup, the range rover and my subaru both use a stupid ABS system that eventually makes it so you cant push the pedal down all the way. I simply pull the ABS fuse out for snow fun

7speedshop.com

Comment

At least it doesn't want to cut on at seemingly random times and try to kill you.

Comment

My ABS quit working for me all by itself. ^_^

Comment

So it looks like the vac advance on my Disco wasn't even hooked up.

That could explain how shitty it was on idle and taking off.

Comment

^^My vac advance had been loose & rattling around. I tightened it up a bit & it seems happier since

Comment

Working...
                                X