• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30_Pare
    replied
    OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
    Right around 13. Could do better if my commute wasn't riddled with soccer moms that can't drive

Just did a 120 mile round trip about 50/50 highway/city.

I filled up the Range right on the empty line/fuel light and got around 6.5 gallons. When I got back home im hovering just above the empty line so I think I have about a gallon left from what I filled.

That would put me at 21.8mpg..... Wat. I was feather footing the pedal cruising the speed limit the entire time. I don't think I've ever broke 20mpg with the p38 even on a drive from SoCal to San Fran best I got was 18 mostly highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• bostonvert
    replied
    Originally posted by jrossowvue30 View Post
    After not driving it for months I was out running around in my Classic last night. Needs new tires badly which it will be getting tomorrow. I always forget how much I love driving this old truck.

Gorgeous range! I almost worship these things!

Guy who owns a bike shop near me has 2 classics rotting away in front of his store, been killing me for years to see them like that...

Leave a comment:

• acolella76
    replied
    Right around 13. Could do better if my commute wasn't riddled with soccer moms that can't drive

Leave a comment:

• E30_Pare
    replied
    OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Not sure if this was asked, but what kind of mpg you guys getting. I feel like the computer is optimistic. Saying 14mpg ish mostly city

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    Somebody talk me out of this:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details....dId=1122901891

Leave a comment:

• jrossowvue30
    replied
    After not driving it for months I was out running around in my Classic last night. Needs new tires badly which it will be getting tomorrow. I always forget how much I love driving this old truck.

Leave a comment:

• acolella76
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
    ^^ Ever get it to work?

Almost seems to me that the diff lock isn't engaging/releasing all the way.
    I got it to work... sort of. I put the driveshaft back on, drove it around in the locked position and it locked up and the lights came on. Tried to unlock it and the lights stayed on... although I am pretty sure it is not locked anymore. Idk what's going on lol

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
    Litterally had this issue with my p38 the other day. Drove it down the street then snap sounded like a blown tire. I sheered the U joint to the transfer case connect to the front drive shaft. The driveshaft itself smacked around the undercarriage pretty good and smashed up the trans oil pan. Luckily it happened next to some guy wrenching on their car, and I borrowed some tools to get the driveshaft removed and drove it home. This is the second time this has happened with this p38...
    Damn, that's no good. Though it sounds like you got off easy, I've heard stories of smashed up transmissions and all sorts of madness.

I just rebuilt my front driveshaft this weekend. Honestly, it wasn't all that bad. The rear driveshaft was worse IMO, I changed the "rotoflex" guibo thing and replaced the bushing in the driveshaft while I was in there. Huge pain in the ass, that bushing.

Truck rides smooth as silk now. If only I could figure out what's up with my transfer case. There's an access panel right where the locking lever is, maybe I can pop that off and get a look at what's going on

Leave a comment:

• E30_Pare
    replied
    Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
    I've been having some issues with the Disco lately. It developed a weird 30-50mph shake and sometimes I'll get a noise at low speed. I jacked the car up and decided it was most likely the front driveshaft since there was a little bit of radial play where the two halves come together. I figured I could pop the front shaft off, drive it around, and be certain. Well I can't get my center diff to lock.

Any help would be appreciated
    Litterally had this issue with my p38 the other day. Drove it down the street then snap sounded like a blown tire. I sheered the U joint to the transfer case connect to the front drive shaft. The driveshaft itself smacked around the undercarriage pretty good and smashed up the trans oil pan. Luckily it happened next to some guy wrenching on their car, and I borrowed some tools to get the driveshaft removed and drove it home. This is the second time this has happened with this p38...

Leave a comment:

• slammin.e28
    replied
    ^^ Ever get it to work?

Almost seems to me that the diff lock isn't engaging/releasing all the way.

Leave a comment:

• acolella76
    replied
    I've been having some issues with the Disco lately. It developed a weird 30-50mph shake and sometimes I'll get a noise at low speed. I jacked the car up and decided it was most likely the front driveshaft since there was a little bit of radial play where the two halves come together. I figured I could pop the front shaft off, drive it around, and be certain. Well I can't get my center diff to lock.

I turned the nipple counter clock wise (when viewed from under the car, looking up) and the car wouldn't move in drive or reverse. When putting it back in park I got this really terrible rattling/grinding noise - although this might have been the bolts on the TC flange. I turned the nipple back to where it was before, and then tried again. Same thing. I turned the nipple in the clockwise direction this time, still got the same result. What the hell am I doing wrong? I've heard some say you have to move a little bit for it to engage, but I have about 2 feet of room before I start rolling down a steep hill and I'm not feeling very lucky.

Any help would be appreciated

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    Lol not going to disagree there just passing the find on is all

Leave a comment:

• Wschnitz
    replied
    Just buy one with a bad engine and TD5 swap it :P Depending on your local nazi laws.

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    Yeah you can find D II for that kinda money though I never seem to find them after looking for nearly 2 years. Those tend to be the early years for the II and a lot of the DI's and with a bit more mileage on them. Really the only D II you should really consider is the 04, it has the Center diff lock option (forgot to check this one) back from the factory and the oil pump issues resolved so they dont fail as often. And a couple of other reliability issues fixed. Because of those updates and them having a slight face lift and the newest of the breed they tend to command a bit higher price

Yeah seems kinda high I agree, If it were me I would walk away if I could not get it for 6500. if all the rest checks out, like full maintenance docs, Needs NOTHING and has had lots of recent costly maintenance done

Leave a comment:

• Wschnitz
    replied
    8k for a 100k+ miles Disco 2?

Id understand maybe if It was euro TD5. But damn that seems high, I usually see similar sounding ones sell for like 2-3k.

or am I confusing them with disco 1's?

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    There is a really nice Disco II at our local consignment lot, if anyone is looking. Its an 04 (no oil pump issues) Looks to have been a southern truck most of its life ( NO RUST other than very very minimal surface on a few edges underneath and has TX tags)

What I could see as it sits, for $8000.00
    04 Disco II in Alveston Red (Dark maroon, red) over Tan
    a couple of small door dings
    NO real scratching,
    Looks to be maintained well
    Tires are 65% Bridgestone Highway skins
    rear ladder has got some rust going on
    Drivers seat is a little dingey and beat up looking but no rips or tears or cracks I could see, Pass side looks great as do the backs and carpet
    has the 2 rear jump seats

Over all looks like a great DD/starting point for a fun rig. If I had not just bought an FJ I would be considering this for my self

Leave a comment:

Working...
X