OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by Eric
    Test drove an 03 Disco II SE7 with an 04 transfer case. I liked it a lot. Should I be scared about everything I've read about them on the internet?
    4.6?

    As long as you don't let it overheat or run out of oil they're fine....well the engines are.

    Leave a comment:


  • Eric
    replied
    Test drove an 03 Disco II SE7 with an 04 transfer case. I liked it a lot. Should I be scared about everything I've read about them on the internet?

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    Well that sucks....

    Maybe one of those vintage LR fanatic shops in the UK? Or try Lamorna Garage in Seattle - he has old LR stuff.

    Leave a comment:


  • ELVA164
    replied
    Originally posted by ELVA164
    I know, right? Whatever is available I guess...

    Thanks for the leads, I'll try Monday.
    0 for 2, gotta keep looking.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    I wanted a P38 as a roadgoer, 4x4 deal. Ended up with the D2 because was cheap, and I must say....i LOVE this truck.

    Still want a RR...IDK why, I just like the looks. The Air shit is manageable with $$, and there are workarounds.

    I still do want a L322...supercharged...but thinking LR3 may be the way to go. Jag seems to have gotten the V8s sorted by the time they were getting popped into Rovers.

    IDK, LR3 would be the instant gratification deal. The L322 SC would be more awesome though.

    Meanwhile, I'm trying in desperation to fix my D2. Letting cyl 7 soak in MMO just as a last ditch effort before I take the thing apart to re-ring it.

    We'll see. It's been a week now....I'm scurrd.

    I mowed around the S3 109 the other day. Have some M30 bits incoming to get started on that. May pull the RRC out of the field and knock the body off it in the coming weeks.

    Leave a comment:


  • James Crivellone
    replied
    Originally posted by 318kid
    Discovery II vs Range Rover P38. Which would you choose and why? I really like the lr3 but a nice one can still be some coin. Would drive it maybe 500 miles a month. Discovery II or P38, Or wait and save the $$ for an LR3...
    I went with a Disco 2 vs the P38 as I didn't want air, the becm issues, and frankly the running gear is nearly the same.

    I love my Discovery 2, have had it going on three years, has never left me stranded (although it was tried)

    Great truck, I plan on keeping it for a few years longer until the L322 Sport Supercharged Range Rovers become worthless in value, I'll upgrade at that point.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    ^

    Landcruiser FZJ80 or UJZ100

    Leave a comment:


  • 318kid
    replied
    Discovery II vs Range Rover P38. Which would you choose and why? I really like the lr3 but a nice one can still be some coin. Would drive it maybe 500 miles a month. Discovery II or P38, Or wait and save the $$ for an LR3...
    Last edited by 318kid; 06-19-2016, 03:57 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • ELVA164
    replied
    Originally posted by LateFan
    Seriously.....a Lola race car has Land Rover door handles......

    You might try Rovers North (they're the US parts importer) and Atlantic British, and see if they can track down a number.
    I know, right? Whatever is available I guess...

    Thanks for the leads, I'll try Monday.
    Last edited by ELVA164; 06-20-2016, 04:14 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    Seriously.....a Lola race car has Land Rover door handles......

    You might try Rovers North (they're the US parts importer) and Atlantic British, and see if they can track down a number.

    Leave a comment:


  • ELVA164
    replied
    Alright folks, I need your help.

    Our Lola Mk1 apparently uses the door handles from a 1958-1960 Land Rover. They look like this:



    Someone with another Lola got in touch trying to find some, and wanted to know if there was a part number associated with it. The latch itself has no markings at all (of course), but does anyone know where I should look/know themselves?

    Thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    New Defender put off until 2018 or 2019, says the news...

    http://blog.caranddriver.com/land-ro...-2018-or-2019/

    "Poor critical response to the DC100 concept has reportedly led to an almost total redesign, and although it’s believed that the design of the new model has been almost finalized. Autocar says that debate is still ongoing about where the vehicle will be produced and how many versions will be made."

    "The old Defender was kept alive for years by orders from the British military, something the new car won’t be able to fall back on. Hence the problem of signing off on a model that is likely to be produced in relatively small numbers compared to other Land Rover products, but which also will be expected to follow on from the original Defender in being relatively affordable."


    I thought I read something a while back that it would share the new chassis for the LR5 to save on design and production costs. That was a while ago, and could have changed.

    Leave a comment:


  • acolella76
    replied
    Anyone want a Disco I CDL linkage? My Rover was totaled so I have no use for it. $60 shipped

    Leave a comment:


  • jrossowvue30
    replied
    If anyone on here is looking for a nice running RRC that needs a little rust repair I'll post this here.

    Leave a comment:


  • Zreberlcoe
    replied
    Originally posted by mbonder
    That is clean! Nice find, regardless of the parts prices etc, that looks like the best platform you could get for the age.
    And for a price of $2600 I couldn't turn it down. I love it so far and nothing is out of my reach that needs to be repaired so I'm happy with what I have!

    Leave a comment:

Working...