OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
    so today the P38's battery died while driving, battery replaced and hopefully another alternator didn't go out.
    Was the replacement remanufactured? Most remans are fine, but I once had the original alt fail on my wagon. The first replacement lasted 500 miles. The second lasted a little less than 1000. The current one is at 2000...I almost feel like I should carry a spare by now.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

Slammin and I went to go out at a 95 discovery.

Gonna replace the fuel pump and DRIVE THIS BITCH HOME.
      1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

Just ordered the following for my new Disco II

Front Driveshaft
        Valve Cover Gaskets
        Rear Rotors/Pads
        Center Wheel caps
        Refurbished CD Changer.

Getting new tires this week (current ones are dry rotted), picking up a new drivers seat (old one has a tear) and a few other interior cosmetics.

Got my xmas tree with it today, love the thing.

Comment

Congrats on the purchase, James! Now don't forget to get some D1 wiper arms for it before you really NEED them

Comment

Originally posted by InuFaye View Post
            Slammin and I went to go out at a 95 discovery.

Gonna replace the fuel pump and DRIVE THIS BITCH HOME.
            YUS! Over dat 113 year old bridge too!

In other news, anyone have a good diagram of the routing of the rear brake pipe that goes across the truck in front of the gas tank?

I just wanna see how much I'll need to get to fix it. Looking on rave as we speak. I think it's the "Feed to left hand intermediate hose" line on the 1995 Classic.
            Last edited by slammin.e28; 12-03-2012, 09:50 AM.
            1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

I pulled mine a few months ago. My D1 had two lines running to the back. Both were about 70' long and nearly impossible to install. I ended up putting in a patch section from the M/C to underneath the driver's seat. About 4' per section, I'd say

Comment

This line, the first union is at the driver's front wheel well. The rear union is where it connects to the flexible hose going to the axle. The other line has been replaced before, there are several unions in there, so I figure it was done in pieces. The line that burst looks like ass all the way down. I think I'll get the longest continuous section I can, closest to the stock length, and reuse the old fittings to connect it to the flex lines, then if I need to, I'll make another union under the truck where it's more accessible, again, reusing the connectors to the original tube that drops down from the master/abs bullshit. That way there's no matching shit up, etc. I can get whatever to connect the two tubes, and use the original connectors at the original junctions.

Took tomorrow afternoon off to do a drug test for a dealer job and this brake hose bullshit. Yay me.

Comment

Just don't forget to put the fitting on before flaring your line.

Ask me how I know.

Comment

Originally posted by quickervicar View Post
                    Just don't forget to put the fitting on before flaring your line.

Ask me how I know.
                    BTDT, lol.

Comment

My name is Chris, and I secretly covet Range Rovers.
                      The threat of weak crankshafts, bad electronics, a worn out cam, and horrible cooling systems has kept me away thus far. I don't know how long these points will continue to save my soul.

Your continued posts make this seem like a good plan:

I hate you RRC.
                      I hate you, you, you.... you AWD utilitarian vehicles of awesome.

Room for dog, room for camping gear, room for ski's.... I hate you RRC.

(If I keep repeating it I'll believe it!)
                      I hate you RRC.
                      I hate you RRC.
                      I hate you RRC!

Below the radar...

Comment

I'm with you on the wiped cam lobes and bad electrical systems, but I'm not familiar with crankshafts flying out of the bottom end. And IMHO Rover cooling systems are quite good. (perhaps too good) It's the head gaskets and occasional leaky (aftermarket) water pump that seem to cause the trouble.

Comment

The crank on the 4.2 in my Rover apparently snapped in half, this is why there is an M52 in there now, lol.

I really want a V8 Rover now, although people keep telling me the M52 is faster and better on hills. I guess I'll have to drive Inufaye's when we pick it up and see.

Comment

I am going to rebuild mine after the winter. She has to be tired.
                            1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

Would someone on here please buy this already and put it out of its misery:

Thanks!
                              www.truegearhead.com
                              - bad decisions & questionable cars

Comment

I see dat rust free.....

it's a Rover.....in Washington state.... you can't be serious.

Comment

Working...
                                X