No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's amazing how much a Rover weighs for weighing nothing.
    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
      It's amazing how much a Rover weighs for weighing nothing.
      True, I almost threw these things when I picked them up, lol.

I was thinking how these things weigh as much as a continent, but are made of aluminum when they could, engine, doors, hoods, fenders....

Man, if they would have been built of Detroit iron they would have weighed as much as a small moon.
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
        True, I almost threw these things when I picked them up, lol.

I was thinking how these things weigh as much as a continent, but are made of aluminum when they could, engine, doors, hoods, fenders....

Man, if they would have been built of Detroit iron they would have weighed as much as a small moon.
        A testament to how over built they are. By far the most flawed, over-engineered vehicles on the planet.
        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

A testament to how over built they are. By far the most flawed, over-engineered vehicles on the planet.
          "The most unreliable car in the world is the most reliable car in the world."

-J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
            "The most unreliable car in the world is the most reliable car in the world."

-J.C.
            My Land Rover IS my most reliable vehicle. Stupid E30...

On a side note, I'm curious how much of my Discovery suspension would transfer over to a RRC? I have some crazy ideas in my head and my disco has pretty built suspension that I don't want to have to purchase again,

Comment

My Land Rover IS my most reliable vehicle. Stupid E30...

On a side note, I'm curious how much of my Discovery suspension would transfer over to a RRC? I have some crazy ideas in my head and my disco has pretty built suspension that I don't want to have to purchase again,
              Are you running D1 or D2? D1 stuff is nearly all shared with the Classic

Comment

I think he's right. The only thing I can think of that I noticed was the rear self-leveling shock thing is just a ball joint on the D1.

But I believe they are the same frame, and the same suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by quickervicar View Post
                  Are you running D1 or D2? D1 stuff is nearly all shared with the Classic
                  It's all D1. Also, are SWB and LWB the same other than 9 inches? Lol.

Comment

I've always wondered where they added the extra length - is it all in the rear driveshaft, and the transfer case etc are the same? It makes sense.

The D1 and the RRC are both 100" with the same suspension pickup points. When you look through the catalogs, all the chassis parts are usually for RRC / D1.

Comment

I haven't had the chance to look at a RRC up close, but I know the D1 frame does curve upward behind the passenger area, I don't know if the Rangie does the same.

Comment

RRC and D1 are the same underneath. Only huge difference is the driveshafts, since the RRC used the Borg Warner TC and D1s got the LT230.

Suspension is pretty much identical, just placement of the shock thru the spring or beside, indicating air suspension or not. My RRC has the spring beside, but my D1 frame has the shock thru the spring, but once again, you can swap the shock mounts frame to frame, from what I can tell.

...and the above dictates the location of the PS box, again, from what I can tell looking at a bare frame and my RRC side by side.

Comment

Whichever PO had this truck, they did a proper lift with the thing. Rovertym springs, trailing arms, from what I can tell, the good, greaseable driveshafts, hell, even the speedometer is accurate. Not to mention I put new rubber bushings and ball joints in the thing. Would definitely hate to do it again on another truck.

Comment

Whichever PO had this truck, they did a proper lift with the thing. Rovertym springs, trailing arms, from what I can tell, the good, greaseable driveshafts, hell, even the speedometer is accurate. Not to mention I put new rubber bushings and ball joints in the thing. Would definitely hate to do it again on another truck.
                            Hells yeah. Mine was just an OME med duty air-coil spring conversion, then I spaced the springs up another 2" for 4.5" suspension lift. Going to get spacers for the driveshafts (did I mention mine have been replaced with ones w/out rotoflex couplings?).

Probably going to convert it to the D1 spring towers and make them shorter to put the shock lower, then I may be able to re-arrange my ancillary belt driven engine bits.

Also, did I mention I blew a trans line again? Well, FYI, BMW 4hp22 trans filters are different from Rover ones. :hitler:

Comment

So pretty.

So beautiful.

Comment

Alright, talk to me about P38s.

Particulary the 4.6 HSE. Go big or go home. In the next year or so I want to get one for family duties. I'd rather have a L322, but P38s are growing hardcore. I read the buyers guides, but those aren't really doing it for me.

Scare me.

Comment

Working...
                                X