Post pictures of your most recent purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    You cant go wrong with a top of the line Ingrsol. My 2135TI is at least a decade old, been used @ 120psi all its life, abused by people who use my shit when I am not home (no oil) and I have yet to find an automotive fastener it break lose or snap off.

I love snap tools there is a difference thats for sure, and their ratchets are worth the extra money. But for everything else unless your in a high production shop and making your living with them...... There are more cost effective routes to go for us hobbyists and home use guys

Yes at home i just have kobalt and i use them till i break them. If they do owell they aren't that expensive. For school and eventually work I got snap on.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Not to recent, but def a good investment.

Comment

When I was a tech I traded in my snap on 3/8" and 1/2" impacts for IR's. They had way more power than the snap on guns.

Comment

Originally posted by mikebloco View Post
          When I was a tech I traded in my snap on 3/8" and 1/2" impacts for IR's. They had way more power than the snap on guns.
          Same thing my buddy thought about his IR.
          But If you run the proper line/fitting with the snap-on. you wont have any issues. I believe most, if not all snap on air tools are built to be used with 3/8 line only.

Comment

I got some old USSR maps of Idaho. This one is from 1981 and extremely detailed.

Comment

That's neat. I've always loved maps.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by White325is View Post
                Damn fine toolbox
                :coolphoto:

My most recent purchase: CZ SP-01 and 3000 rounds. Used 500 yesterday. (not my pic)

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                  Yes at home i just have kobalt and i use them till i break them. If they do owell they aren't that expensive. For school and eventually work I got snap on.

While this is true, sometimes it pays to buy quality. When you buy Snap On, IR or even Craftsman, your making one larger purchase for a longer time. Every snap on and IR tool I've ever bought has paid for itself many times over, and if it breaks, just call Snap On, and you get a brand new one no questions asked.
                  Originally posted by flyboyx
                  how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                  Originally posted by Northern
                  beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                  Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                  Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                  '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                  Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
                    While this is true, sometimes it pays to buy quality. When you buy Snap On, IR or even Craftsman, your making one larger purchase for a longer time. Every snap on and IR tool I've ever bought has paid for itself many times over, and if it breaks, just call Snap On, and you get a brand new one no questions asked.
                    Craftsman's definitely done us well over the years. We've had a socket set and ratchet for a good 7 years and they haven't skipped a beat.
                    "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
                    The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

Cman is NOT what it used to be at all. I have been buying old Proto, and Wright stuff when I need things and when my old good Cman stuff brakes I dont want Chinese stuff, other than the H/F crap I keep in emergency tool bags in my vehicles. Though my FJ dose have full set of old supper chrome S&K wrenches and very nice Proto fine tooth ratchet.
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

I really like Proto tools, never heard of them until working on the Railroad.

Agreed on Craftsman, gone to shit since it went Chinese. The 1/2" ratchets won't even make it at work for 1 day anymore. It's sad, really.

Funny thing is I'll be doing the opposite of most. I never owned a Snap On box for work, but when we buy our house I fully intend on picking up one for my Dream Garage setup.
                        No E30 Club
                        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Pretty much lost interest in Craftsman after they went chinese. Shame. I'm not sure who else makes affordable, quality, American made tools these days. Glad I have a decent amount of their older USA made stuff, as well as access to loads of much older tools that my dad inherited.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                            I really like Proto tools, never heard of them until working on the Railroad.

Agreed on Craftsman, gone to shit since it went Chinese. The 1/2" ratchets won't even make it at work for 1 day anymore. It's sad, really.

Funny thing is I'll be doing the opposite of most. I never owned a Snap On box for work, but when we buy our house I fully intend on picking up one for my Dream Garage setup.

When i graduate i plan on taking the box i have here at school and buying a 9 or 12 drawer for work. I got a 6 drawer and I'm running out of space.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

For the S54 swap:

Comment

S14 Evo 2 intake cam. NOS.

Will
                                '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                                '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                                '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                                '88 BMW M3