No announcement yet.

Post pictures of your most recent purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like most laptops are designed to fail, Apple and some older lenovos seem to be an exception, But I take care of my devices and laptops always seem to turn into turds after a year or two. Meanwhile the Desktop I built myself is 5 years old without a single hardware issue.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

I recently replaced my desktop. It had a QX6700 CPU that I bought when it was brand new. I paid $1000 just for that CPU. It was 10 years old when I retired it. Graphics card had changed a few times and I had doubled the ram about 5 years in. Hard drives were replaced several times. That CPU was a beast. Kept on truckin.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

Ehh, I have a T430s that's coming up on 4 years old, I think (already?!), so not really 'older' and it's holding up quite well. One SSD bit the dust, and the touch pad is worn away (it's just a sticker though), and other than that, it's been pretty much flawless. However, the T61 it replaced that my dad has now was a bit of a lemon. Keyboard went out after a year or so, and I think it's on fan #4 at this point. Screen hinges are shot. Screen itself was replaced once or twice. Headphone jack is shot, etc. Granted it's almost 10 years old, but that laptop was never as reliable as this one.

Might be a bit of a crap shoot, and poor design. There is a reason I buy Lenovos, after all. Given how this one is holding up, it could be quite a while before I replace it. My old T61 needs to be replaced though.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
          I feel like most laptops are designed to fail, Apple and some older lenovos seem to be an exception, But I take care of my devices and laptops always seem to turn into turds after a year or two. Meanwhile the Desktop I built myself is 5 years old without a single hardware issue.

Yea I like my tower, it has evolved quite a bit over the years, but I've never had to "replace it". I just swap out parts as they fail or as I want to upgrade. I do need to get a new case though, the one I have is so rigged up just to fit everything. It wasn't designed for a dual fan radiator, but I managed to cram a h100i in there.

That said, My Wife doesn't use the tower much, and I like it that way. She prefers her laptops, which just break.
          No E30 Club
          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

-Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
            Originally posted by roguetoaster
            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Finally bought a decent knife. It's a nice upgrade from my old one.

DSC_5243 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC_5255 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

1974 Fiat 124 Sport coupe..

BARN FIND..
                Attached Files

Comment

Mah new 280/274 cam from BimmerHeads

88' BMW 325is - Daily

Comment

How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                      Ditto. I only build a custom PC(re-using drives and power supply or what is still soild) for about $1000(and that gets you a i7 with 32 gigs of ram). Or I buy 2-3-4 year old top of the line, loaded lenovos for about $300. Even then they seem to need a OS re-install ever year. Laptops are so finicky. Must be the chip-set or something. You don't get the drivers right, and you're screwed.
                      Originally posted by Matt-B
                      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Post pictures of your most recent purchase

Originally posted by DirtyTh3rty View Post
                        Mah new 280/274 cam from BimmerHeads

I cant wait to get my head from VAC

Per thread rules socket adapters so i can use my little cordless snap on drill

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Comment

IMG_1026 by Wschnitz, on Flickr
                            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                            willschnitz

Comment

bokeh boiz

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X