No announcement yet.

One step closer (building a garage)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of the materials arrived today, mainly the wood and the windows. The suspense is killing me.
    sigpic

Comment

So the builder was supposed to start on monday. They did not. I called them and they gave a typical excuse "It's our busy time, were trying to finish up another project, yours is next in line.". So the new start date is this coming monday, I guess one more week won't kill me.
      On another note, the epoxy floor people want a LOT of money to do the floor. $3.75 a square foot. Thats $7500, way too much. I know I can do it myself with all types of kits and so on. I'm also looking at Swisstrax flooring, and a technique called burning the floor with a power float. Not quite sure what I'll do.
      sigpic

Comment

Sucks about the delay, I'm sure your anxious. I helped my dad do any epoxy kit job on their 2 stall garage years ago, definitely dresses up the floor a lot. From what I have heard it works much better on virgin concrete, before oils and whatnot get spilled and soak in.

Comment

excited to see more progress!

Bahama Beige E23 Project
          Bluebird Bus Conversion
          New Oregon Trail

Comment

nice in the same position as you building a 24 x 30 pole barn
            sigpic

my build thread:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=232324

Comment

More material just showed up, and the delivery truck got stuck in the yard. I was on my way out the door to tow him out when he got it out himself. Hopefully hurricane Sally will pass far out into the atlantic and not drop four inches of rain on my building site. But with my luck it will be a direct hit on my yard and it will totally wreck my shit.
              sigpic

Comment

Building crew is set to arrive today.
                sigpic

Comment

Building is underway. All but two of the poles are in(they left them out so the lift can get in to set the roof trusses). So far so good. That's 2000sq feet of man cave. More to come....
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

mmmmm man cave.
                    cant wait to do this when i have my own property,
                    awesome thread OP i'm glad construction has begun :D can't wait for more updates and a finished product.

Comment

Awesome to see things coming together!

Comment

The truck just showed up at my house with the roof trusses. My brother and are going out there now to finish putting up the silt fence that the code enforcement officer said needs to be there, or i will receive a fine. The building crew should be here by seven a.m. to carry on. I'm not quite sure what the next step is for today. My wife has been sending me hourly photo updates while i'm at work. Tgis is a pic of the general area of construction before we started, we had to remove a bunch of trees. More to come tonight.
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic

Comment

The end of day two. The roof is on and the frame work is complete. The four garage doors are 10x10. I found a few spots where they could have measured a second time. I'll have to get them to replace some 2x4's they cut to short. Other than that everything looks great. Very happy right now. I hope to puor concrete next week.
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic

Comment

figured i'd post some more pics.
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic

Comment

Gonna be Rad when its done!

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
                              clutchCTRL!
                              Move with a purpose.
                              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                              - 2000 323i AT
                              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

End of day three, windows and man doors are in. The walls are up, soffit and facia is on. White reflective ceiling is in with access panel. Next up is garage doors and the stone wainscoting on the front. My father and brother are coming over this weekend to help me form up for concrete. We're pouring a 50x50 pad. The extra ten feet is for an apron out front. Stone is coming saturday morning. Wire sheets and chairs and rebar are getting picked up this week. Anyone with nothing to do is welcome to come help us form it up. I'm having someone else pour it and finish it. The same guy will be doing my asphalt driveway. It's starting to look like a garage.
                                Attached Files
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X