No announcement yet.

Computer thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prices are a bit silly right now due to a supposed Memory shortage, but honestly I remember some of the late 90s early 2000s top end rigs being actually insane in price.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
      Some people like playing modern games at 100+ Frames.....its a hobby'
      I'll kindly disagree. A hobby is where you make something and at the end of the day have something to show for it.

No one on their deathbed has ever said "Man, I with I had had a faster frame rate! I would have killed those noobs!!!!"
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
        I'll kindly disagree. A hobby is where you make something and at the end of the day have something to show for it.

No one on their deathbed has ever said "Man, I with I had had a faster frame rate! I would have killed those noobs!!!!"
        Well I bought the components, modified the case myself so that they would all work together, does that count? I now have a high performance gaming machine packed into a box the size of small trash bin.

Beyond that... Who posts in the computer thread to tell people that their interest in computers is dumb???

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyboy101 View Post
          Beyond that... Who posts in the computer thread to tell people that their interest in computers is dumb???
          I do.

Originally posted by Johnnyboy101 View Post
          Well I bought the components, modified the case myself so that they would all work together, does that count? I now have a high performance gaming machine packed into a box the size of small trash bin.
          Yea....I have a i7 CAM/EDITING rig smashed into a vintage 2000'ish IBM Intellistation case. "Modded" - I guess you would say. Snore, snore snore.
          Last edited by george graves; 03-11-2018, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Old man alert George.
            willschnitz

Comment

Old man alert George.
              Get off my lawn!!

Very curious to see if new GPUs come out next month or if it really be until Q3.
              sigpic
              Gun control means using both hands
              Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

Eheheheh! Fair enough. ;)

Comment

So would you consider AutoX and HPDE, not hobbies?

What do you have to show at the end of an HPDE weekend? A wallet that's lighter by $600-1000 dollars and more wear and tear on your car?

If you fish and turn the fish back loose after catching them, is that a hobby? Do you consider a sunburn "something to show for it?"
                  Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                  Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                  One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Wish I could upgrade to a 1080 as my 1070 just doesn't give as much as I would like while running three screens but even 1070's are more than double what I paid for mine. Ugh

RAM prices are at a premium but that doesn't account for the near triple pricing. Yes, miners are not helping the market one bit.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                      So would you consider AutoX and HPDE, not hobbies?
                      100% good hobbies. And you'll have LEARNed something from it.

You don't learn jack from plugging in a PC graphics card into a slot, and telling your grandma that you "built...urrr...modded...a PC" and then going to play a video game for 16 hours a day. That's a big difference. Apples and oranges.

Comment

100% good hobbies. And you'll have LEARNed something from it.

You don't learn jack from plugging in a PC graphics card into a slot, and telling your grandma that you "built...urrr...modded...a PC" and then going to play a video game for 16 hours a day. That's a big difference. Apples and oranges.
                        Yep. If cars are your hobby, you don't learn anything from racing sims.

:p

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

inb4 'you dont need a gtx 1080 for iRacing/rFactor'.

My main goal was to play Rainbow Six Siege in 120-144hz to match up to my monitor, and I accomplished that, I play Siege like every day.
                          willschnitz

Comment

inb4 'you dont need a gtx 1080 for iRacing/rFactor'.

My main goal was to play Rainbow Six Siege in 120-144hz to match up to my monitor, and I accomplished that, I play Siege like every day.
                            Not for iRacing, no, I ran it just fine years ago on an old 4gb R290x. But I'd like to run some of the prettier games at full max on 3 monitors and still keep the frame rate up.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                              Not for iRacing, no, I ran it just fine years ago on an old 4gb R290x. But I'd like to run some of the prettier games at full max on 3 monitors and still keep the frame rate up.
                              same, its nice running really pretty games like forza horizon at 100fps, Im still at 1080p so my goal is over 100fps in most games. Plan on upgrading to a 1440p and 4k this summer tho.
                              willschnitz

Comment

I actually prefer 3x1080 over a single 1440 or higher resolution. With the right games, it's unbeatable, even against singlenultrawide offerings. My issue is the lack of cheap 75+ hz screens in the 1080 sector. You would figure there would be loads with 4k being the new 'toy'.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X