No announcement yet.

Computer thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No rubber mounts, hard mounted to this case and same with the previous one.

This is an example of the noise, sounds a bit different in real life (not as sharp and maybe slightly lower frequency?)

Maybe I'll pick up some mounts as a cheap attempt to fix.

I've also heard some people say they make some noise during accel, so they have set them to more of a two level step instead of a curve that will make them accel/decel a lot.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

^I have my fans set to ramp up over 12 seconds (lowest allowed in the ASUS AI SUITE) and down over a period of 24 seconds. This way even with my fan curve and watercooling, the fans don't jump around, essentially like dealing with hysteresis....

Comment

I had them 1s up/5s down before. I updated the bios a few times to troubleshoot and I didn't set that up again.
        Not sure what my limits are now but I'll check soon and do the same.

Edit: No issues since new PSU. It does have quite a loud click when it powers on or off though.
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Peters Hall View Post
          I'm not sure this is the right topic for such a question. But I need to write an essay about mining and I'm looking for information about the most appropriate video cards and equipment for mining. Can anyone help?
          Consider the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER. and AMD Radeon RX 5700. But I'm not sure if they are sold in every store. I also think they are very expensive. But for the report you can list these video cards as the most suitable for mining.
          And in general I admire your willingness to write your own essays :) I used to buy all written papers at the institute. If you decide to follow my example, pay attention to Eduberdy. Here are examples of essays they do - https://edubirdie.com/examples/ . They have no problem making revisions and do not require an advance payment. The last two years of the institute I ordered only from them. In any case, whoever you work with - do not pay money up front. Good luck.

Last edited by pomegranateviola; 03-24-2022, 05:28 AM.

Comment

^It's been that way for quite awhile. However mining profits have been way down...... Couple that with reduced manufacturing, people with money burning a hole in their pocket, these things are flying off the shelves or into scalpers hands, and for the companies, any sale is a good sale!

Or wait, did I just respond to a bot?

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
              ^It's been that way for quite awhile. However mining profits have been way down...... Couple that with reduced manufacturing, people with money burning a hole in their pocket, these things are flying off the shelves or into scalpers hands, and for the companies, any sale is a good sale!

Good spelling and comprehension for a bot but also odd first post for an e30 forum. I recently bought a 3060 RTX and sure its all over priced but it's been worth it so far.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post

I'm not a bot :) it's just that the problem of cost and availability of video cards has only touched me now. That's why I wrote about it

Comment

I've been reading the forum for a long time, but I haven't written anything. Apparently I should have kept it up :D

Comment

Originally posted by pomegranateviola View Post

I'm not a bot :) it's just that the problem of cost and availability of video cards has only touched me now. That's why I wrote about it
                    Bot confirmed, only a bot would deny being a bot.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Bot confirmed, only a bot would deny being a bot.
                      You are Sherlock. Hats off to you.

Comment

Originally posted by pomegranateviola View Post

You are Sherlock. Hats off to you.
                        I'm not fictional, you are.

Comment

Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Wow I can’t believe this thread is still going
                            88 325is Five Speed
                            Lachssilber

Comment

Working...
                            X