No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Oh, it's a BMW? We don't work on BMW's. You gotta go to da dealer for dat".
    "Oh, it's got aftermarket alignment parts? We can't touch those. Camber plates? Yeah, we can't touch da camber plates."

F'n really? How hard is it to get a front end alignment?

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
      The little 5 to 4 pin adapter to plug MAF in has been dicked for a while, intermittent shorting between MAF output and voltage in, now it is just a constant short.
      AFM is back on. Running better than it ever did with the MAF swap.

Comment

Meanwhile on r3v facebook...

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
          Meanwhile on r3v facebook...
          Bullshit. That is still salvageable.

Unrelated, but fuck trying to source dual filament amber bulbs for the front signals.
          "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
          The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

The car probably belongs to an instance company.
            No E30 Club
            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Leaving for Austin in 8 hours, just lost my wallet... Great.
              Originally posted by flyboyx
              how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
              Originally posted by Northern
              beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
              Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
              Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
              '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
              Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

sitting in an austin hotel as i write this. heading to portland early in the morning. unfortunately going to miss all the f1 festivities.
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                  sitting in an austin hotel as i write this. heading to portland early in the morning. unfortunately going to miss all the f1 festivities.
                  I love traveling for work. That said, my average has been once a year lately.

Does it get old doing it every day?

Why do I have a feeling that your answer will depress me.
                  No E30 Club
                  Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
                    Leaving for Austin in 8 hours, just lost my wallet... Great.
                    Gotta love it. Last time I lost my wallet I was with a friend looking at a Bronzit Vert. Had nearly $300 in the fucker too. He bought the car, I lost gas and cash.
                    No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                      Gotta love it. Last time I lost my wallet I was with a friend looking at a Bronzit Vert. Had nearly $300 in the fucker too. He bought the car, I lost gas and cash.

Damn that blows, I fortunately found it when I got home, and am currently typing this from the road, heading down to Austin.

We decided to wait and have dinner to let the traffic die down a little.
                      Originally posted by flyboyx
                      how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                      Originally posted by Northern
                      beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                      Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                      Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                      '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                      Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                        I love traveling for work. That said, my average has been once a year lately.

Does it get old doing it every day?

Why do I have a feeling that your answer will depress me.
                        it suits me nicely. i know it isn't for everyone, though. i am usually on the road 3 or 4 days a week with 3 or 4 off. i work half the month when all is said and done. it doesn't get old for me because i know the alternative could be sitting behind a desk somewhere inside a cubicle staring at a half dead plant.

our kids are grown up, so i don't feel like i'm missing that. my wife and i miss each other after i have been away for a couple days which makes coming home really nice. after i have been home for a few days, i often feel like i am ready to get back out there and fly an airplane somewhere. i know my wife enjoys her time to herself for a few days when i am away. it works well for us fortunately, but this lifestyle does have the ability to kill a marriage really fast.

there is some loneliness, but since i got married, i stay out of those situations where i could be alone with good looking female crew members and alcohol. not much good can come from that in the long run. the sad part is that i no longer have those f'ed up silly stories to tell you guys. apple face time helps. when i'm away, we use that app almost every day.

probably my favorite part of the job is getting up early, climbing out on departure and watching the sun rise while sipping on a cup of coffee. i know it sounds a bit cliche, but i do feel blessed. there are times when everything goes against you. broken airplanes, bad weather, ground delays, unruly passengers, flying with a guy that is a complete tool.....

having an ability to accept there are many things out of my control and just dealing with those issues one at a time really lowers the stress.

after almost 16 years with the last airline, i started a new job about 7 months ago. it has been nice to learn a new bigger airplane and fly to new places. unfortunately, this is an industry where a new job means starting out again at the bottom. along with that comes a big pay cut and complete loss of seniority. i feel like it will be worth it in the long run though time will tell.

personally, i wouldn't trade it for anything except maybe the powerball jackpot.

beats workin' for a livin'!
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

I hate being on the road for work. I once had to travel to northern Alberta for a week away from my long term GF who I saw on a daily basis. We had been living together for at least 5 years and had a home life I didn't know I appreciated (until I was away). I can't tell you how much I missed my gym, a home cooked meal, my bed, and most of all, (I know this sounds ghey but I dont' care) cuddles.

After that I realized how unhealthy those who are on the road look. I have a flight attendant neighbor who works for west jet. She's always away for work. She honestly thought my GF and I were in our early to mid 20's (she's 34). When I told her we are just as old as her, she nearly shit herself.

All I'm sayin is, life on the road ain't all it's cracked up to be. We as humans are designed and hardwired to have our smells, sights and feelings attached to objects that bring us comfort. This comfort not only relaxes you mentally, but it causes your body to FULLY engage in rest and rejuvenation...in a way that nothing man-made can.
                          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

ah man.....thats sooooo ghey! seriously, i miss those things too. i'm not sure its the travel itself that ages a person. i think it has a lot to do genes and with stress and how a person handles it. my wife and i look quite a bit younger than we are too. no one believes i have a 22 year old son. when we go out drinking, i often tell people we are brothers. it never raises eyebrows.
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Feeling depressed, my 11 year relationship with my partner (A woman we are just not married) is falling apart and seems like it is just about to come to an end.

We can't just go our separate ways, we have a house and dogs and shit, so will still be living under the same roof for the time being. So it sucks as it just makes the whole process drawn out and exhausting.

Worst part is I love her still, so seeing her all the time yet not being able to be with her is really hard.

End Rant...
                              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I agree, genetics has a lot to do with it. Stress can have a huge impact on people. Not only physically but mentally too. Just sucks how much people are affected by it, yet many feel they don't have the ability to control it.

Massimo, dont' worry about it bro. There are so many other chics out there it's silly! Heck, don't you live in a country where there's more females to men?
                                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Working...
                                X