Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by varg View Post
    I like pre-R230 SLs
    I got a R129 with the M119

    Love it.

    That thing has TORQUE and most importantly, a powered rear view mirror.


    Originally posted by wholepailofwater
    Q
    :devil:


    WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

    Comment


      Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      That sounds like a fun job to do
      Then they moved it back!

      I just went and had a chat with our IT guys.
      Let them know that they have to inform us of issues like this.

      I made sure to Bcc the office manager on a follow-up email, and their boss.
      I do things.

      Comment


        Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
        I got a R129 with the M119

        Love it.

        That thing has TORQUE and most importantly, a powered rear view mirror.

        M119?

        Sweet.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	M119a_trimmed.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	9893140
        I do things.

        Comment


          In my convertible quest, I've considered an SLK.
          I do things.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Melon View Post
            In my convertible quest, I've considered an SLK.
            I guess it might be different with convertibles, but whats always pushed me away from Mercs is that none are manual. There was a W204 C300 that was offered with a 3rd pedal, but I heard it was sloppy at best... shame
            Simon
            Current Car:
            -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
            -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



            Make R3V Great Again -2020

            Comment


              Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

              I guess it might be different with convertibles, but whats always pushed me away from Mercs is that none are manual. There was a W204 C300 that was offered with a 3rd pedal, but I heard it was sloppy at best... shame
              Merc built a few W201 190Es for the States with 3 pedal operation. The chassis can accept M113 V8 paired with the NSG370 six speed stick transmission from a Chrysler Crossfire with the M112 V6.
              Last edited by The Dark Side of Will; 12-19-2019, 02:38 PM.

              Comment


                Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

                I guess it might be different with convertibles, but whats always pushed me away from Mercs is that none are manual. There was a W204 C300 that was offered with a 3rd pedal, but I heard it was sloppy at best... shame
                You could get a manual in an SLK up to 2013 IIRC, somewhere in that ballpark.
                I do things.

                Comment


                  all of those arent great shifting compared to a basic-bitch G260 ... my brother has a Euro dogleg Cossie and its not smooth at all unless you're at a race track. not sure about the others, but I cant imagine they are any good
                  Simon
                  Current Car:
                  -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
                  -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                  Make R3V Great Again -2020

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    all of those arent great shifting compared to a basic-bitch G260 ... my brother has a Euro dogleg Cossie and its not smooth at all unless you're at a race track. not sure about the others, but I cant imagine they are any good
                    I'd like to try one if I could, but they're so rare that finding one locally enough is a difficult task.
                    I do things.

                    Comment


                      Dont buy the hype

                      https://youtu.be/bSs1iYxJtPo
                      Simon
                      Current Car:
                      -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
                      -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                      Make R3V Great Again -2020

                      Comment


                        I had a 190E here at the shop for a while with the dog leg. I thought it was shifted fine?

                        The G260 can take some serious abuse tho, so I'm not sure how'd they'd stand up next to each other. The SLK felt fine too, but my only complaint was the ultra light clutch pedal.

                        I still got those yung neez. I like a clutch that fights back a little
                        Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                        Q
                        :devil:


                        WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          Let's be real, the E30 M3 also does not live up to the hype, at least in standard 2.3 form, but a US 2.3-16 feels even worse.

                          Comment


                            Never been in an s14 car, but yeah, the 190e was... pretty much exactly how it was described in that vid
                            Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                            Q
                            :devil:


                            WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

                              Let's be real, the E30 M3 also does not live up to the hype, at least in standard 2.3 form, but a US 2.3-16 feels even worse.
                              No doubt, and sadly even the E34 M5 I had felt the same, albeit a much larger scale. Daily driven was sluggish because you werent revving it to 5000rpms... but if you DID... oh man. My commute was fairly boring, but there was one particular hill before arriving to work and by then, the oil was nice and warm, so I would always hammer 2nd and 3rd and arrive to work with a smile on my face. Still was happy to replace it with my first E30, the 86-ES. Yes I went from S38 to an ETA and was happy. The racecar engines are great on racetracks and in race situation but 95% of the time you are chugging along and they really arent good to live with.

                              Simon
                              Current Car:
                              -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
                              -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                              Make R3V Great Again -2020

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                Does the same guy have a video on the E30 M3?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X