Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
    I can't help but to hear this pronounced exclusively in an Italian accent. Cup-O-LAAA, AAYYYEE
    Maybe it's more like those classic Ricola commercials.

Originally posted by Northern View Post
    Re: Housing market.

A few wild ones here this week. Friends of ours bought a large house in a bougie (arguably) neighborhood for 586k at the end of 2020, and just sold for >1m

My old apartment (24x24' single storey 2br 1940s post war prefab special w/ finished basement, converted to 2 unit apartment on a 40x100 lot with an equally old 14x20 garage) went for 713k
    Good thing that they can now buy something comparable for 1.2M or something smaller for what I can only hope will be overpriced in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Good thing that they can now buy something comparable for 1.2M or something smaller for what I can only hope will be overpriced in the future.
      Basically they were already very leveraged to buy that house due to their lifestyle, so this frees up money.
      They have a townhouse rental they're moving into, but the rent is still like 2200/mo.

Also She is preg, the house had a lot of stairs outside and in so it wasn't the best fit.

Weather here was nice for the past 2 weeks so I was pumped to throw the summer wheels/tires on the mini and get the engine looked at for peace of mind.
      Now the night before the appointment it decides to snow and freeze.
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Can you get COTM 2 years in a row?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
          can you get cotm 2 months in a row?
          ftfy

Comment

I mean a yearly repeat offender.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
              I mean a yearly repeat offender.
              Gotta buy a second e30. This is how we will keep r3v fresh. We need to start over every year with new cars. Its like that Zelda Majora Mask game where it always resets the timeline.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

If you have more than one E30, it can happen...
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

RE: John/RocknE30:

Yeah, I told myself I didn't want to live anywhere near the 303 as it was way too far west... welp that would have been wise to buy an acre or two near a few years ago for nothing - or yep, way out east.

Although we aren't crazy about our area, Plan: Z of building onto the house may now be Plan: B. We likely would get all of our money back and then some if we do, and have the house paid off in 10ish years. Plus... maybe more garage space. Maybe just drive the future kiddo to a better school? No idea.

Well, it would be hard to find a thread on that black touring since it's malachite green, and even doubly difficult since it doesn't even have a thread. However, I am pretty sure you saw it in the truck thread, but at the end of the day it's a pretty everyday sort of project with just stock replacement stuff. It's so normal I doubt you can even spot it in this parking lot.

​
                  Yes, I'm going to quote the picture. Hells yes. Share the deets, I agree, need a thread.

I just got mine. Then you know, a rock took out a bosch euro ellip on the way back from a cars and coffee - I didn't notice it for two days.

(Yes, lamnix was on the list, just thought I could drive it for a week and not have that happen. Thankfully a local has an extra for me.)
                  Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                    RE: John/RocknE30:

Yeah, I told myself I didn't want to live anywhere near the 303 as it was way too far west... welp that would have been wise to buy an acre or two near a few years ago for nothing - or yep, way out east.

Although we aren't crazy about our area, Plan: Z of building onto the house may now be Plan: B. We likely would get all of our money back and then some if we do, and have the house paid off in 10ish years. Plus... maybe more garage space. Maybe just drive the future kiddo to a better school? No idea.
                    My buddy and his gf bought a new build out there about 2y ago off the 303 and the 60 for 280ish and it's up 60%+ (like everything else). When they bought it internally I was like man why would you want to live out in BFE, but it's filling out fast now. Buying on the outskirts and waiting for it to develop around you was/is definitely the move in order to not have a cookie cutter lot.

An add-on doesn't seem like a bad idea, like you said you'll get your money back on it most likely and not be strapped with a higher mortgage. Once your house is paid off you're living on easy street. Cover your property taxes and bam, all that sweet sweet project car money. Commuting to the kid to school wouldnt be too bad, maybe tesla will have a school bus feature by then. Strap them into a model 3 and let it handle the rest.

My gf is in med school for two more years so I've been carrying the team and am trying to buy less shit I dont really need. Once she's out I think a GR Corolla is calling my name if the markups aren't absurd. Hopefully in 2ish years things will be a bit more normal. Subaru is really killing my soul with what they've done to the WRX (killing the hatch, STI, making the rear end look like a civic, etc), so I have a big time car boner for the Corolla. TBH I didnt know the GR Yaris existed and hadn't seen the leaks on the GR Corolla, so when it dropped I had 0 clue, pretty stoked on that car.

91 318is | 97 FZJ80

Comment

Originally posted by !RocknE30! View Post
                      house and car stuff
                      100%. I just can't fathom spending what it would cost to have a zero lot 3/2 or 4/2 now - and be far away from being centralized and only potentially being in a better school district/area. This may be the play, gonna get quotes and shop around for what could be realistic for building on soon I think. We just dropped a lot for rock and turf, so to fully enjoy it would be wise long term.

If I hadn't been hell bent on getting an E30 touring, I would have sold the Type R and just waited for the GR Corolla honestly. Similar car, but def would be worth the upgrade. Would that have been smarter than what I did? Probably. But I'm at 3 vehicles now myself, these are it for some time, unless the EM1 got replaced by a zero-care-nothing hybrid/electric.

PS: Get your E30 running, I've got another friend who's E30 is getting an S50. Need to bring back these cars to their former greatness or better. If you need an M42 for the short term I know someone with an extra hanging in his shop. I want to shoot some more E30s like old times soon.
                      Last edited by DEV0 E30; 04-06-2022, 01:21 PM.

Comment

100%. I just can't fathom spending what it would cost to have a zero lot 3/2 or 4/2 now - and be far away from being centralized and only potentially being in a better school district/area. This may be the play, gonna get quotes and shop around for what could be realistic for building on soon I think. We just dropped a lot for rock and turf, so to fully enjoy it would be wise long term.

If I hadn't been hell bent on getting an E30 touring, I would have sold the Type R and just waited for the GR Corolla honestly. Similar car, but def would be worth the upgrade. Would that have been smarter than what I did? Probably. But I'm at 3 vehicles now myself, these are it for some time, unless the EM1 got replaced by a zero-care-nothing hybrid/electric.

PS: Get your E30 running, I've got another friend who's E30 is getting an S50. Need to bring back these cars to their former greatness or better. If you need an M42 for the short term I know someone with an extra hanging in his shop. I want to shoot some more E30s like old times soon.
                        This market is honestly sickening. We were the cookie cutter starter home neighborhood and everything is 500k+ now. Some of those bigger adobe style houses that back up to the tbird mountains around the golf course are pushing a million lol. I'm in the middle of re-doing our backyard, I actually just DIY'd turf in the backyard and am going to get rock delivered in a week and a half and then hopefully have most of that done for now. Such a pain in the ass (lower back). It looks super nice when it's all done at least! I'd agree that if you're gonna be there a while, might as well get the most out of it.

Yeah I'm 'down' to 3 as well at the moment, I sold my '13 WRX two years ago so I've got the 80, the E30 and an 07 Prius I bought a couple years ago so we could throw highway miles on it and not the wrx/gf's tacoma. Prius has ended up being pretty awesome as much as I hated being seen in it initially, I made fun of those cars so much growing up. But 45-50mpg is amazing so I'm cool with it now. I would prob take an E30/Si combo over the GR, the nostalgia is too strong.

And that could definitely be something I'm interested in, what is he looking to get for it? I'm pretty set on going with a K24 swap, but I know that wont happen overnight since I'm trying to be 'fiscally responsible' at the moment and it'd be awesome to get it up and running again. Then I could piece things together for the swap over the next year or so and be ready to go once the gf is done with school. I always wanted an H22A swapped EK hatch back in middle school, so it would be a cool way to mesh my initial Honda interest with the E30. A supercharger down the road on would be pretty badass too, I've seen some eg/ek hatches with s/c'd k24s and they are rocket ships.

And hell yeah I'd be down! I actually came across some of my old photos a couple months ago when my E30 interest was re-sparked. So much nostalgia from those days. I've acquired some canon L glass over the years so I'm always down to shoot, I haven't been using it enough lately. But a running E30 would definitely change that. Here's a trip down memory lane:

Click image for larger version

Name:	3PHp52z.png
Views:	721
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	10052010

91 318is | 97 FZJ80

Comment

Yes, I'm going to quote the picture. Hells yes. Share the deets, I agree, need a thread.

I just got mine. Then you know, a rock took out a bosch euro ellip on the way back from a cars and coffee - I didn't notice it for two days.

(Yes, lamnix was on the list, just thought I could drive it for a week and not have that happen. Thankfully a local has an extra for me.)
                          Okay, I haven't documented this well over the years, but I'll give it a go. I'd probably be way better off running a thread on the 318i I had for a decade, which looked like this when it headed off to a new home:

Comment

Originally posted by !RocknE30! View Post
                            stuffs
                            I don't know what he wants for the m42, but I can ask. K24 is my long term plan too.

That's some nostalgia alright!

Okay, I haven't documented this well over the years, but I'll give it a go. I'd probably be way better off running a thread on the 318i I had for a decade, which looked like this when it headed off to a new home:
                            Both cars are purdy.

Comment

DEV0 E30 You bought a Touring?

Damn man, I need to come by and check it out! You check out the Tacoma, I'll check out the touring. I'm jealous.

Finally spent another penny on the M3 resto. Should be picking up steam. Feels pretty good.
                              My previous build (currently E30-less)
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

I don't know what he wants for the m42, but I can ask. K24 is my long term plan too.

That's some nostalgia alright!
                                Sweet, let me know what you hear back!

91 318is | 97 FZJ80

Comment

Working...
                                X