Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
    Why not grab it just in case?

Also, whomever is the BMW engineer that decided to put the rear brake line proportioning valve in the spot it is, deserves to be taken out back and mercilessly shot in the order of: knees, elbows, hips, shoulders, stomach, lungs, face.

I normally don't say stuff like that. But that little fucking valve has given me about 7 hours of grief today, and it's still not kosher.

Fuck that guy.

That man is the reason one of mine went to the scrap yard. Body was rusted to hell and the brake lines finally let loose there. Deemed it a DNR and off she went. RIP Art Car
    Swanny!
    SUCKERS.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
      Why not grab it just in case?

Also, whomever is the BMW engineer that decided to put the rear brake line proportioning valve in the spot it is, deserves to be taken out back and mercilessly shot in the order of: knees, elbows, hips, shoulders, stomach, lungs, face.

I normally don't say stuff like that. But that little fucking valve has given me about 7 hours of grief today, and it's still not kosher.

Fuck that guy.
      it only takes 20 minutes or less to remove the 4 bolts and clevis that hold the booster to the firewall. something to think about......
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
        it only takes 20 minutes or less to remove the 4 bolts and clevis that hold the booster to the firewall. something to think about......
        The booster and master are out. Even with both of them out, it's still a colossal pain in the ass. I damaged one valve, and the line from the ABS pump to the valve, so I grabbed a spare valve and line, put those in, and still couldn't get the line to align with the valve right. I'm not left handed, and I don't bend the necessary directions to get my right hand in. (And don't want to break the windshield. I gained a lot of winter weight I need to work off, yes....)

That, and I HATE doing brake lines. (Which Swanny has it right, the line going underneath right there rusted out and is leaking for me. Needing to replace that section. Fuck replacing the whole line for now) They are number 1 on the 2 things I hate doing on a car. Number two being differential fluid. I always step in the pan or get it on me and throw away the clothes or whatever. Irrational hatreds, but even so I am half tempted to give this old girl a vikings burial, set it on fire in the driveway and watch it burn. I hate doing brake lines that much. They never cooperate.

But, she's proven her worth so many times over.. So I won't do and will eventually get her right. Just with a lot of bitching and moaning. And Rage. That little fucking valve could've gone right by the ABS pump, laid down on the rail horizontally. Would've worked just fine.

Fuck that guy.
        Last edited by TurboJake; 05-06-2014, 11:17 AM.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Civic is up and running.

Ended up needing a starter, and a plug on the ECM connected. Not too shabby for $1500 total invested.

That JDM B20B makes that little car haul ass too!
          No E30 Club
          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

last night i took a dump while my girlfriend was in the shower.

successful, i'd say.

Comment

Doesn't count till you dump in the shower and she still goes to bed with you that night. Test some boundaries.
              Swanny!
              SUCKERS.

Comment

Fuck you Redds. Why u so tasty?

I always forget there's alcohol in it, and before I know it there's only 1 of the six pack left.

Yes I had to edit this post.
                No E30 Club
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

women... am i right?
                  98 M3/4/5

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny View Post
                    Doesn't count till you dump in the shower and she still goes to bed with you that night. Test some boundaries.
                    I once pissed on the door because I drank too much.

I don't think I got laid that night......
                    No E30 Club

Comment

I've been up for 27 hours. The struggles of insomnia...

Comment

Just rebuilt and installed my door lock for the driver side so I can get in like a normal person instead of always getting in through the passenger side. Son of a bitch was a pain in the ass to assemble then reinstall too. Never again will I do that...

Comment

Originally posted by henryki View Post
                          Just rebuilt and installed my door lock for the driver side so I can get in like a normal person instead of always getting in through the passenger side. Son of a bitch was a pain in the ass to assemble then reinstall too. Never again will I do that...
                          I've gotten used to unlocking from the trunk or passenger door lol

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                            I've gotten used to unlocking from the trunk or passenger door lol
                            Central locking would be nice.

My driver's door lock is absolutely thrashed, takes a whole lot of jiggling to get it to eventually unlock. Need to up my lockpick to 100 before I break the crappy silca keys.

Comment

Dudes, seriously, just fix your door locks. Probably the first thing I did when I got my car 3yrs ago. Really not that hard.

Comment

I have a sedan so the locks are even harder to get to.

Comment

Working...
                                X