Originally posted by ST1G View Post

Lol'd

Comment

Originally posted by henryki View Post
      Lol'd

Comment

I need another e30

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

What does r3v think of the B5 A4 Quattro 1.8T(AEB/AJL) with a real 5 speed manual?

Comment

My mom has one, it's a big piece of shit. Granted, it's not the best cared for example, but it's still a big piece of shit. I keep hoping it'll catch fire so she can get something that goes more than a week without a CEL.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
              My mom has one, it's a big piece of shit. Granted, it's not the best cared for example, but it's still a big piece of shit. I keep hoping it'll catch fire so she can get something that goes more than a week without a CEL.
              Can you elaborate? What makes it a massive pile of shit?

Specs on paper sound like a recipe for fun.

Comment

My dad does all the maint on it, so I can't help too much with specifics, but for example, earlier this week I drove it. I made it to the first traffic light (1/4 mile), stopped, and noticed that it seemed to be running on 3cyl. I turned around, it sputtered/popped a bit, but seemed to have smoothed out after a block or so, so I tried again. Went through the light, went another 1/4 mile at most, before it started sputtering and popping again, turned around, AGAIN, and went home, with it running like shit the whole time. I thought it was gonna stall on me.

I let my mom know what was up, but she apparently hasn't had any issues with it. In other words, it'll let you down at random. And I'm really not joking about the CEL coming on every other week. Seems like it's on for some reason every time I'm in it. I think my dad just gave up on it, honestly.

From what he tells me, it's also a BITCH to work on. Not at all easy like an E30.

But, like I said, not the best cared for example. A well maintained B5 A4 might be just fine. But I'll never get one, and I'd never recommend one.

Comment

My dad does all the maint on it, so I can't help too much with specifics, but for example, earlier this week I drove it. I made it to the first traffic light (1/4 mile), stopped, and noticed that it seemed to be running on 3cyl. I turned around, it sputtered/popped a bit, but seemed to have smoothed out after a block or so, so I tried again. Went through the light, went another 1/4 mile at most, before it started sputtering and popping again, turned around, AGAIN, and went home, with it running like shit the whole time. I thought it was gonna stall on me.
                  Sounds like ignition control module, or a coil pack. Coils are like $30.

Comment

If you know how to put the car into service position, it is very easy to work on.

The entire front (bumper, support, radiatot) comes off within 20 minutes, exposing the engine almost completely.

If you find one in good condition, go for it. I built up one for a friend with a 2871 eliminator setup and rs4 clutch. That car was fun as hell. Put him into mid 13's IIRC and his was a Avant wagon 5 speed quattro.
                    No E30 Club
                    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Ahhhhhh i fucking love avants and especially the allroad. Pain in the ass to find stick though.....

Depending on the year you have all the same crap to worry about that VWs had which is usually just neglected tune ups/ service intervals and general maintenance. Its scary how few people realize what actually needs to be serviced on their cars and when then flip a shit that they need $700 worth of suspension parts after owning the car for 10 years.
                      Swanny!
                      SUCKERS.

Comment

I keep hoping it'll catch fire so she can get something that goes more than a week without a CEL.
                        My friend's B5 A4 actually did catch fire lol. But, it still drives and he bought a B5 S4 after that incident too.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Yea Audi/vw is notorious for coil packs igniting more than spark plugs. When I worked at VW we had a brand new Phaeton catch fire only a few weeks after it was sold. That guy was not happy.

I still love VAG though. Pun intended.
                          No E30 Club
                          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

10 Cars that Refuse to Die -

BMW 3-Series

1982-1990

To the insiders, these are the E30 models. To a lot of people, they are the protypical yuppie-mobile. And while their original upwardly mobile professionals have moved on newer and larger BMWs (or, more likely, Lexuses), these models are still riding on, thanks mostly to their reasonable simplicity and a wide range of available parts -- though having the dealership keep it in as-it-came-from-the-factory condition is said by owners with experience to be an expensive fool's game.

There's even a racing series that features only this model car.
                            Read more at http://www.kiplinger.com/slideshow/c...hAve0OZIzAD.99.........http://spece30.com/
                            Last edited by cabriodster87; 06-03-2014, 02:03 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Reich und Roll!

Comment

Wtf
                              98 M3/4/5

Comment

Originally posted by cabriodster87 View Post
                                Nonsense
                                For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                                Originally posted by mbonanni
                                I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Working...
                                X