Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lambo View Post
    Downloaded Tinder for the first time earlier tonight. Quickly realized it's definitely not my thing. But, it did give me an idea. There should be an app like Tinder for guys to make friends. You see what interests you share and then you realize this dude could be pretty cool to hang out with.

Ok. That started sounding really gay once I started typing it out.

Side note I think I might keep Tinder and only like girls who are way out of my league on the very off chance something might happen. You can't win if you don't play, right?

Swanny!
    SUCKERS.

Comment

It seems like there are too many new cars these days. I swear there is something new being shown off every day whether it's an outrageous concept or an actual car hitting the showrooms. There are so many different classes of cars, all of them trying so hard to be "the future." I'm numb to the seemingly endless showcase of sports cars and sport sedans, luxury sports cars and luxury sport sedans, super cars and hyper cars, efficient cars, truck and suvs... all these brands jockeying for attention, desperate to outdo not only the competition but themselves, hurrying to dazzle us with something new before their current line up gets old. Anybody else getting a headache?
      My Feedback

Comment

^I'm with you. And honestly, there is next to nothing currently being sold that I have any interest in. I think Porsche still has a few good cars, and I've got my eye on the new Miata... beyond that, there's really nothing that gets my interest. I think the horsepower wars have just gotten stupid, too. The new Hellcat with 700-something HP? What's the fucking point of that? And it weighs something stupid like 4000+ lbs.

The S2000 I think was the last great sports car. Great looks, phenomenal engine and transmission, really well balanced, for a reasonable price. I'd like to see another car like that. I know there's the BRZ, but I don't think it's all that good looking, or as thoroughly designed as the S2K.

In other news, kidney stones fucking suck. Been on and off pain killers since Monday night. FML.

Comment

That's why I switched to 2002s. I can't get off on new cars. Especially if you buy brand new, and in two years your car is already obsolete in the public's eye.

Feck that noise. Old cars are fun and require driver input. I can get down with that.
          And besides, I get mad respect from older men.
          world renown Harry Potter expert
          sigpic

Comment

Word, I also love how simple old cars are. Only major drawback for me is that a lot of them need a lot of work, or even a full restoration, rust repair, etc., and finding one that hasn't been molested by previous owners is getting pretty difficult. My Datsun will probably be my last old car, and I'll probably switch to kit cars. I've been looking at Lotus 7 replicas lately. Inexpensive (if you DIY), super light, very simple, and a really pure driving experience, but it's still brand new, so there's no rust, or any other old car problems to deal with. Sounds pretty good to me.

Comment

Nonsense Thread

CLASSIC LIT FANS!!!!
              had to write an emulation of Hamlet's 'to be or not to be' soliloquy for my shakespearean english class, and i ended up making it about the e30.... try not to hate me too hard.

edit: tapatalk formats it weird so each capitalized word should really be its own line sorry

To Drive or Not To Drive

To drive or not to drive, that is the question. Whether ‘tis nobler to stay stagnant, though safe, And suffer through the day to day in the slow lane, Or to take hold of the steering wheel, with three pedals at my feet, And by opposing, end the mundane way of a life off the street.
              To crash—to die, no less; and by death, Loose grip on the leather in my hands, And silence the electrons within the symphony of pistons and valves. Speed; the consummation of rubber and asphalt, Dangerous, addicting, and life-changing…or ending. To crash, to die, in a mass of flame, steel, and broken glass, Upside-down, or sideways, as Bowyer once did slide across the finish. Ay, there’s the rub, for hidden behind the speed and pleasure and exhilaration, There lies one flaw somewhere beyond the next hairpin, Which could lay waste to my life, and everything I’ve worked for.
              But what lengths I’ve gone to, to achieve this very unpredictable speed! Fluids changed, and gaskets changed, Fuel lines replaced, filters refreshed, All twelve lifters adjusted to perfect specification, Schwarz paint, gleaming with the golden pinstripe, aluminum bumpers sparkling.
              At this time, must give us pause—this beautiful machine, its tempting speed—There’s the very thing which will lead me to my final fateful day. For the car that once bore the whips and scorns of time, Her rockers rusted, engine silent…Awoke. The refreshed ignition system revived her heart, And her electricity flowing through her nervous system, giving her a pulse and Bringing to life her metallic bitsinto a mechanical song. She was lost and heartbroken, feeling the pains of despised love, When by my own hand she cleared her throat again…

But why chance death, Even if death were accompanied by, and preceded by, passionate exhilaration, When I might my quietus make with the safety of a book and a blanket?

Yet the addiction is much too strong in the moment, To dread that undiscovered country after death.
              And because of this, I grab my key, a metallic extension of myself, To feel those six flawless cylinders, all in a row, roar to life over and over. With every mile passed, the addiction grows.
              A power struggle of a relationship…we don’t always agree. A relationship filled with clutch kicks and a hasty hand upon the glimmering shift knob. Sitting in my black leather Recaro sport seat, I jab my foot on the accelerator a few times, just to tease her, The both of us knowing that feeling; a familiar ecstasy. The affectionate glory of feeling her excited anticipation, As her single overhead cam rotates faster and faster, finally reaching a fever pitch, As I row through the gears, my own heart pumping adrenaline, The immense release as she growls, pulls, and screams all the way to the redline, The speedo and tachometer locked in another intense, intimate dance with each other.

For speed. For life.

It is because of this I bear the threatening image of death, A road slickened by rain, and a perfectly placed tree trunk, Or a distracted highway text-er, or a drunk in an SUV, And thus the native hue of resolution Is sickled o’er with the thoughts of my own terrific demise behind the steering wheel. With this bliss however, Regard my currents turn awry and lose the name of action. For my fair and brutish BMW, in thy orisons be all my sins remembered.

--Mike
              Last edited by 15Michaeljoseph; 02-12-2015, 09:20 PM.
              (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                Word, I also love how simple old cars are. Only major drawback for me is that a lot of them need a lot of work, or even a full restoration, rust repair, etc., and finding one that hasn't been molested by previous owners is getting pretty difficult.
                just makes them nicer to have
                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

And in other news, I mounted a set of 195/65/14's to my e30 with steelies and e30 plastic hub caps.

The car rides and drives FAR smoother than other setup with NO vibration. Steering the easier and the road noise is FAR less than ever before. I'm honestly gonna have a hard time buying a "performance" set of 15's that I know won't sit as well as the stock steel wheels :(
                  If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Spent the night debating between a new firearm or billstein sport struts.

Decided "fuck it" and put $500 into savings.

Damn I'm getting old.
                    No E30 Club
                    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                      And in other news, I mounted a set of 195/65/14's to my e30 with steelies and e30 plastic hub caps.

The car rides and drives FAR smoother than other setup with NO vibration. Steering the easier and the road noise is FAR less than ever before. I'm honestly gonna have a hard time buying a "performance" set of 15's that I know won't sit as well as the stock steel wheels :(
                      You are in the wrong thread, the one you are looking for is the Official Sensible Statement Thread.

Watched the movie Wild Card and it looks like the main character trips a speed camera just as he drives out of town, and then the credits roll, hilarious!

Comment

How do I get a neat Title like these E30 masterminds and No R3vlimiter guys?
                        Is it based on my post count?

Comment

never mind
                          I just saw my title change from noob.
                          so yeah

Comment

Comment in every thread possible, even if it's quoting an entire post just to say "yep."
                            Originally posted by kronus
                            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

^yep

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Lol
                                sigpic
                                Reich und Roll!

Comment

Working...
                                X