Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
    Our shop teacher just received his order from snap on for $30k worth of toolbox and tools.

My vote would be ratchets if you don't already have any snap on ones. Snap On ratchets are the best out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Im good on sockets and ratchets for now. I got pretty much complete set of sockets and drives, Also lots of the wrenches including ratcheting.
    Originally posted by Northern View Post
    Everyone at work is a snap-on whore, but I can't justify that kind of money on most shit. $100 for a snap-on 1/4" ratchet, or $10 for a shitty 72 tooth 1/4" ratchet at princess auto that has lasted for half a dozen years now.

That said, they have a few specialty tools that you can't really get anywhere else - long handle ratchets (TLL72) can be useful sometimes, and a lot of their basic hand tools are still top notch (61ACP duckbill pliers, and whatever their bigass side cutters are numbered) although most of that stuff is made by Channellock, and it costs half as much without the red grips (although snap on warranty is definitely worth something)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'd use it to buy things that only they make, or stuff that you're likely to break (assuming you don't have an option with better warranty)
    Well I get 60% off and got the 250 dollar card when I bought my 10 drawer box from them. I think may get some specialty tool or some air tools. I have looked around enough to figure out what all is specialty and what isnt when it comes to only snap on making them and being the only makers of the tool itself.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

oh vw...why must you suck so bad?

Buddy works for Avis who recently returned loads of 2015 Jetta to the local airport to be shipped to VW of NA. They can't rent then out because if there's an issue, Avis is held liable.

They are unsure of what they'll do if they run low on rentals, as these cars weren't scheduled to be finished their rental term yet.

VW is recalling 92k models from 2015 and 2016 in the US because a camshaft lobe can fail and cause the power brakes to stop working. This recall includes the Jetta, Golf, Passat, and Beetle.
      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Went and had some fun in the snow with a pal last night, my e30 loves the snow, but his Civic must have had enough, ending the night with a curb kiss... a bent wheel, a bent control arm, a bent tie rod, and a very shaken-up passenger, left nearly half deaf from the curtain airbag exploding in his ear.

E30 FTW ;)

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
        (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

TL; DR: Co-working is retarded but I feel kinda bad for her...what to do?

Co-worker issue, maybe you guys can help me out with this....

About a little over a year ago this lady starts working at my office (don't worry, she's not hot...50s-ish so no pics). She's nice, bubbly and has an outgoing personality.

At first when she started, she had oodles of questions. She screwed up a lot (which is expected) but then would spaz out (almost to the point of crying) on ppl in the office. She and I kinda became friends since she is quirky and I can be goofy too (but not emotional).

As time progressed she became better at her job, but then recently she got pretty annoying with always wanting to hang out with me on my lunches. Not that it's a problem, but she's just too "in your face" for me (and many others at our office). Usually I like meditating in my car on lunch breaks...ok, usually sleeping, but it makes me feel great considering I usually can't sleep at night in summer.

It's been apparent at our office that she constantly asks redundant questions. So many that it's not only annoying, but taxing on the time of everyone else she has to work with. Recently she started training this new guy since this other lady was away on holidays. She started telling him all the wrong information and her questions to others (which she used to know)were like she was trying to re-invent the wheel whenever there was a new order (she's on the order desk). It's got the new guy (really funny guy btw) freaking out too.

Anyway, point is I feel bad for this lady. Not enough that I wanna help her since I know she'll abuse being nice to her and go full retard on me and start being disrespectful of me, my space and my resources.
          what do I do? she's an old lady who I can't teach how to work with others or respect others' boundaries....hell, after a year and a half she still can't do her job without asking assistance.
          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by 15michaeljoseph View Post
            e30 ftw ;)
            fwd ftl.

Comment

Thoughts on a 335i 6MT for going to school.

I'd ditch the wheels for a set of E46 ZCPs (I have some sitting in my garage). Then get all the maintenance done before I left.

Originally posted by flyboyx
              how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
              Originally posted by Northern
              beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
              Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
              Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
              '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
              Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

I looked at those and almost bought one when I got the S4.

Then I remembered that I hate direct injection and the issues that accompany it. Granted, I've only had one experience, on my 2.0t. If it wasn't the sludge in the intake, it was a leaky fuel pump to the point that I lost all oil pressure from fuel dilution. Or a wiped cam lobe, or replacing HPFP followers every other oil change.

Yea. Fuck all that. (Not saying the 335 has any of those problems, I just hate DI.)
                No E30 Club
                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Only major issue I've heard is the HPFP, but BMW recalled it and replaces it for free

how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?

Comment

Only major issue I've heard is the HPFP, but BMW recalled it and replaces it for free

Comment

HPFP(still can fail - apparently even the revised parts are pretty hit or miss,) Injectors, Intake valve carbon build up, Wastegate rattle. I might be missing one or two things.
                      Originally posted by priapism
                      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                      Originally posted by shameson
                      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Only on r3v facebook

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Someone ban that guy.
                          No E30 Club
                          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                            You're not changing her. If this was your personal business, then she would be gone. If she is detrimental to your lively hood then tell her then manager if it solves nothing.

I don't get how you can't just tell her that you need to do some weird voodoo buddha sleep shit in your car during your lunch break ;) The other shit? SOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post

Co-worker issue, maybe you guys can help me out with this....

About a little over a year ago this lady starts working at my office (don't worry, she's not hot...50s-ish so no pics). She's nice, bubbly and has an outgoing personality.

At first when she started, she had oodles of questions. She screwed up a lot (which is expected) but then would spaz out (almost to the point of crying) on ppl in the office. She and I kinda became friends since she is quirky and I can be goofy too (but not emotional).

As time progressed she became better at her job, but then recently she got pretty annoying with always wanting to hang out with me on my lunches. Not that it's a problem, but she's just too "in your face" for me (and many others at our office). Usually I like meditating in my car on lunch breaks...ok, usually sleeping, but it makes me feel great considering I usually can't sleep at night in summer.

It's been apparent at our office that she constantly asks redundant questions. So many that it's not only annoying, but taxing on the time of everyone else she has to work with. Recently she started training this new guy since this other lady was away on holidays. She started telling him all the wrong information and her questions to others (which she used to know)were like she was trying to re-invent the wheel whenever there was a new order (she's on the order desk). It's got the new guy (really funny guy btw) freaking out too.

Anyway, point is I feel bad for this lady. Not enough that I wanna help her since I know she'll abuse being nice to her and go full retard on me and start being disrespectful of me, my space and my resources.
                              what do I do? she's an old lady who I can't teach how to work with others or respect others' boundaries....hell, after a year and a half she still can't do her job without asking assistance.
                              her brains have definitely turned to mush due to a complete lack of sex. unfortunately, it is your responsibility to jump on the grenade. you are required to ream her good and hard with the little stanley during every lunch break. you must do this starting tomorrow in order to make the world a better place for all your coworkers. you should probably invest in a black van with shag carpet and no rear windows. if your coworkers give you shit about "riding the moped", you can threaten to stop thus letting matters fall back into status quo. soon your coworkers will be paying you to perform said services on a regular basis. you will have more money to invest into your e30 and then there will once again be harmony in the land of southwestern canada.

as you can see, its a win-win. get busy my friend.....
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

People live in southwest Canada?

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
                                (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Working...
                                X