No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That 135i probably does have carbon buildup issues, as it's got ~145k km on it and seems neglected, but that's a given.

I got the PPI done today by ISI Automotive, which is THE bmw/porsche/audi/ferrari shop around here, despite being a 2-man show.

It had a really bad respray at some point. I didn't notice, but they pointed out a crazy amount of spots that just looked like crap. burned out paint/shit blending/orangepeel/sanding marks/failing clear, etc.

Looks like most of the panels have been off the car at some point or another, because there's a ton of missing hardware.

Both of the fancy electric mirror glass things are burned out and brown/blurry/unfocused. Apparently they're $900ea...

Bad WG rattle, oil leaks from vcg/oil housing/cooler, other metallic noise from head, and a bunch of other decent issues. Broken shit all over the car as well. OBD port cover is held on with that sticky shit kids put posters on walls with, Key/fob thing is all worn to shit, looks like it was pried open and glued together or something. Lots of other similar shit around the car.

They replaced a coil and the plugs, but it still misfires like a pile of shit. No codes for anything that seems related, but likely injector/carbon related.

Also the dealer won't deal with the engine issues the car has, so that's a deal breaker.
    I asked about the paint and they gave me some shit about how the PO was gods gift to earth and would never have done a sketchy respray and some other bullshit about how the misfire was fixed and I'm just wrong.

It also doesn't feel fast. Feels like, maybe a tiny bit faster than my E30, but not much at all, definitely not 100hp/ftlb faster... so something is wrong

But damn its a nice car other than that. Sport package and whichever one gets you comfort access (Which I still think is the shit)
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

If it doesn't feel fast, something is wrong. I played with one that I think was stock on the highway. This was when I had downpipes only and a tune. We were pretty much dead evenly matched.

I hope you find one that has been maintained. I have to say though, what you are describing is making me glad I went old school. I looked at a few of these cars because I figured they would be like a more modern B5 S4 (6cyl, twin turbo, manual, AWD option). All the fun with newer comforts. In the end I went with the devil I knew.

I hope you find a nice one, I do really like them.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Yeah definatly sounds like its carbon build up on the valves. When ours was like that there was a definite difference in idle and power.
        We had it walnut blasted and it was night and day different. Plenty of power.

It's a shit tonne of fun to drive when it runs right.
        Originally posted by codyep3
        I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
        2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
        1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
        1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
        2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
        2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
        2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
        2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
        2010 F650gs twin
        2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

I'm actually seeing a few in this price range in onterrible:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/m...ationFlag=true

More of a fan of not-black cars, also not-fucked-up ones.

Not that I'm going to fly somewhere to buy a car, but it makes me feel better that this wasn't some crazy deal that I missed.

Comment

well, i'm no expert, but i think if you can find an n55 car in your budget, it will be less likely to have issues.

they are, however, newer and thus more expensive. we paid around 22k usd for our 2012 m sport with about 35k on the clock and still under factory warranty. i think it was a good price but not a steal.

the car is fast as hell @ a factory 300 hp. once the warranty runs out, i am going to get a chip to increase the output by another 85 or so. just under 400 hp in a car that small would be a total kick in the pants.

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
            Yeah definatly sounds like its carbon build up on the valves. When ours was like that there was a definite difference in idle and power.
            We had it walnut blasted and it was night and day different. Plenty of power.

It's a shit tonne of fun to drive when it runs right.
            what do you mean by "walnut blasted"? does this mean you had to have the head pulled off and cleaned or is there some method where this is done with the engine still assembled in the car?
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I just bought a bmw dealer maintained 335i E90 Six speed with 103k on the odo and it idles like butter and pulls so hard granted I got it for a really good price or else I wouldn't have touched it with 103k. That and it's stupid hard to find a 335i E90 six in California that has iDrive, sport package, cold weather package, logic 7 etc. I've only come across six speeds that have maybe sport package and thats it.

Comment

^^

BMW made a kit, and the Indy places now do it also.

You remove the intake, and do each inlet individually. Using a sand blaster with walnut shells as the media, and an attachment for a shop vac, you literally walnut blast the back of all the intake valves clean. Any fine walnut dust or debris gets burned off in the combustion process the next start up.

It works like a hot damn.

You will have the same issue with your n55. ALL direct injection motors do.
                I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                2010 F650gs twin

Comment

I feel like rerouting PCV to an external vacuum pump, or running a real PCV filter setup like a mann provent would help, or solve the carbon buildup issue.

Also not really into N55's for some reason, the aftermarket seems better for the N54. I'd likely be grabbing a JB4, downpipes, and an intake for the car, maybe before I even buy one.

Comment

holy shit!

we just got our e88 back from the dealer where it was in for service. i just found out that in addition to the dinan exhaust(i was aware of), the car also has a stage II dinan tune installed!!! so apparently our car is actually 355hp and 401b/ft of torque... some dingleberry spent almost 3k in upgrades that cost us nothing.

how cool is that?

i wonder if that qualifies me to get a dinan badge for the car?
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                      holy shit!

we just got our e88 back from the dealer where it was in for service. i just found out that in addition to the dinan exhaust(i was aware of), the car also has a stage II dinan tune installed!!! so apparently our car is actually 355hp and 401b/ft of torque... some dingleberry spent almost 3k in upgrades that cost us nothing.

how cool is that?

You used the word dingleberry.......nice!

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                        holy shit!

how cool is that?

Nice! My neighbor has the Dinan Stg II on his 09 335. It makes the car an absolute beast......in a good way.

That's more than the new m2 power, for wayyyyyy less money
                        2010 F650gs twin

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                          I feel like rerouting PCV to an external vacuum pump, or running a real PCV filter setup like a mann provent would help, or solve the carbon buildup issue.

Also not really into N55's for some reason, the aftermarket seems better for the N54. I'd likely be grabbing a JB4, downpipes, and an intake for the car, maybe before I even buy one.
                          N54 ftw
                          The sound of an n55 stock is so nice
                          Nothing an exhaust can't fix for the n54
                          But most the pre-made exhaust sound like doo doo
                          Except for vangaurd which looks like two fat magnaflow mufflers with different tips sounds good tho.

I wanna do something like VSRF downpipes with the 2.5in neck cut off
                          So dual 3in all the way back with an x pipe two fat aero exhaust resonators and vibrant tpv mufflers out back.

Comment

I would eventually make a 3-3.5" single exhaust for one I think. Probably would buy a set of 3" DPs and then make the rest. I can't see it being any harder than the e30 was, and that was actually pretty easy except for mounting the little muffler.

Comment

Got a raise today, and I still love my job.

This time the raise came with some extra responsibilities and accountability. Funny thing is though I was already doing the job, and would answer for the same stuff, just without the accountability part.

They made up for it. The only thing now that sucks is I am directly responsible for my guy's performances, so I'll end up doing a little less work and paying a little more attention to other's work to cover my own ass. No more room for preventable mistakes, which was probably was management's plan anyway. I'm cool with it though, because more money for car par.... I mean savings.
                              Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 02-03-2016, 05:44 PM.
                              No E30 Club
                              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Congrats bud!
                                sigpic
                                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X