Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    Yeah, but he has to live in Australia even if he has a cool ute.
    Touché.

Comment

Anyone else here just waiting to get the hell out of the workplace and go home?
      88 325i Cabrio
      04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

So, what's the deal with glass? It's like, a solid, but at the same time it's like transparent and I'm like how does that work?
        My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
          So, what's the deal with glass? It's like, a solid, but at the same time it's like transparent and I'm like how does that work?
          It's just proto-transparasteel.

Comment

My e30s windshield is closer to solid then transparent after 30yrs!

Comment

Glass not a solid, I once was told that it was a liquid, but it's not quite that either. It's somewhere in the middle.

I'm not kidding.

Over the years it will deform and flow towards the ground. The effect can be seen in 100+ year old buildings with original windows.
              No E30 Club
              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

It started to get hot today. First sweaty work day of the season and we're just getting started.

I just can't wait to do exhaust work! Here's the process.

Remove shitty fiberglass insulation from exhaust system (inside a closed area.)

Replace blown gaskets or broken expansion joints. (Engine has been cooling for a day by now, so the worst part yet is the fiberglass.)

Torque hardware after install of replacement parts.

Torque all hardware on the exhaust system.

Climb into the air condition cab, because things are about to get real bad for me. Enjoy it, meditate, prepare for battle.

Start 3,600hp 16 cylinder turbocharged diesel (all of this is in a closed wagon with tight spaces and poor circulation).

Load said massive engine up to 900rpm, 26psi of boost, 3600hp output for about 10 minutes so it can get good and toasty back there.

Drop engine back to idle, and cry a little.

Shut down engine, slap self in the face a few times, and reluctantly head for the engine room.

Retorque. Every. Fucking. Bolt.

After you're body temperature has reached nuclear meltdown, and you are 100% soaked from head to toe with salty sweat, and your face feels like it is burning off from the oven you are working in....

After all that, reinstall the mother of all that is ungodly fiberglass insulation. Remember that soaked from head to toe in sweat part? Oh yea, this fiberglass loves to shed little pieces throughout the air.

No problem, right? Just wear long sleeves right? DID YOU FORGET THE PART ABOUT THE OVEN YOU ARE WORKING IN?!?!?!

I'm not exaggerating either. It's the most hellish job I have to do. Sure, I am no longer low man on the totem pole, but I'm not an asshole, so me and my guys rotate out on that job.

I really do love my job though, for the most part.
                No E30 Club
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                  Over the years it will deform and flow towards the ground. The effect can be seen in 100+ year old buildings with original windows.
                  Not true. Old windows are wavy because of the way they were made.

This will give you the idea of how it was done.

There's also another, older, method that gives this sort of result:

Last edited by rturbo 930; 05-24-2016, 06:04 PM.

Comment

It started to get hot today. First sweaty work day of the season and we're just getting started.

I just can't wait to do exhaust work! Here's the process.

Remove shitty fiberglass insulation from exhaust system (inside a closed area.)

Replace blown gaskets or broken expansion joints. (Engine has been cooling for a day by now, so the worst part yet is the fiberglass.)

Torque hardware after install of replacement parts.

Torque all hardware on the exhaust system.

Climb into the air condition cab, because things are about to get real bad for me. Enjoy it, meditate, prepare for battle.

Start 3,600hp 16 cylinder turbocharged diesel (all of this is in a closed wagon with tight spaces and poor circulation).

Load said massive engine up to 900rpm, 26psi of boost, 3600hp output for about 10 minutes so it can get good and toasty back there.

Drop engine back to idle, and cry a little.

Shut down engine, slap self in the face a few times, and reluctantly head for the engine room.

Retorque. Every. Fucking. Bolt.

After you're body temperature has reached nuclear meltdown, and you are 100% soaked from head to toe with salty sweat, and your face feels like it is burning off from the oven you are working in....

After all that, reinstall the mother of all that is ungodly fiberglass insulation. Remember that soaked from head to toe in sweat part? Oh yea, this fiberglass loves to shed little pieces throughout the air.

No problem, right? Just wear long sleeves right? DID YOU FORGET THE PART ABOUT THE OVEN YOU ARE WORKING IN?!?!?!

I'm not exaggerating either. It's the most hellish job I have to do. Sure, I am no longer low man on the totem pole, but I'm not an asshole, so me and my guys rotate out on that job.

I really do love my job though, for the most part.
                    Sounds like a shitty day to me. But i do like trains. Been waiting on an update on your locomotive thread :)

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
                    (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Tire selection sucks in 225/45/16. But I guess it's still cheaper than buying tires for newer cars where the general tire diameter is larger.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by 15Michaeljoseph View Post
                        Sounds like a shitty day to me. But i do like trains. Been waiting on an update on your locomotive thread :)

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
                        Yea haven't had much new stuff to share lately. I'm getting relocated soon with the start of our lifecycle maintenance program. Should have some interesting heavy work to share in a few months. The engines are almost 6 years old now so we are getting into overhauls and other fun things.
                        No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                          Not true. Old windows are wavy because of the way they were made.

This will give you the idea of how it was done.

There's also another, older, method that gives this sort of result:
                          hmmmm......i remember when i was in school hearing the teacher say exactly what exodus stated above. we called glass a plasma in science class. mostly a solid but not really.

that is a cool video. thank you for sharing it. fuck that shitty job.
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                            Tire selection sucks in 225/45/16. But I guess it's still cheaper than buying tires for newer cars where the general tire diameter is larger.
                            tell me about it. Finding a decent selection of tires for 15's is even worse!
                            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Come on parts department, we can do better.

I miss the old BMW

Comment

Glass not a solid, I once was told that it was a liquid, but it's not quite that either. It's somewhere in the middle.

I'm not kidding.

glass is a supercooled liquid
                                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X