No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad just got new wheels and tires and a lift for his F250. Needless to say, I'm jelly.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
    Originally posted by Northern
    beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
    Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
    Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
    '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
    Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Ugh.

FUCK TARGA TOP SEALS.

It took me a solid 15 minutes on just one seal, then again, they're about twenty millimeters thick and are meant for a 40 year old Porsche.

The worst part was doing the the windshield seal where the front of the top mounts because you have to push and pull at it at the same time so it fits in the groove or else it'll just fall out. And remounting the targa top after all the seals were replaced was a bitch and a half too. The top needs to stay on for a while until the seals take their shape before I take it off again.

I guess I'll just have to keep hitting my head on it while I'm driving for a while, oops.

(Scratch that. They're apparently 43 millimeters thick after measuring. Yeesh.)
      Last edited by UlrichFennec; 10-13-2016, 02:36 PM.
      "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
      The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
        My dad just got new wheels and tires and a lift for his F250. Needless to say, I'm jelly.

Considering how much more he's spending on repairs, fuel and maint, I'd be happy NOT to have that rig.
        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
          Considering how much more he's spending on repairs, fuel and maint, I'd be happy NOT to have that rig.
          It's actually not as bad as you think. He gets better gas mileage than my 1/2 ton does, and diesel is about the same price as 87 right now. And he bought it CPO, so he got a good deal, and an extended warranty.

Last edited by HennaE30; 10-14-2016, 08:12 AM.
          Originally posted by flyboyx
          how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
          Originally posted by Northern
          beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
          Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
          Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
          '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
          Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by UlrichFennec View Post
            Blah, blah, blah Porsche.
            I think you see the problem.

Nonetheless, that's an impressive seal.

Comment

Ugh.

FUCK TARGA TOP SEALS.
              Did you get it from 914 Rubber?
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Anyone into FPV race drones?

Sold all my RC shit only to find out how far FPV has come. Put together a 250 quad and landed 50 feet in a tree on my second flight.... flying isn't an issue as I've flown helis in the past... misjudging distance between obstacles behind you mid turn with a110* camera though....

I've got my bow, 65 lb test spider wire, a fishing pole, and some 3/8" rope. Hoping to get it down this evening.

Contemplating cutting the tree down. I need fire wood anyway.
                No E30 Club
                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                  Anyone into FPV race drones?

Sold all my RC shit only to find out how far FPV has come. Put together a 250 quad and landed 50 feet in a tree on my second flight.... flying isn't an issue as I've flown helis in the past... misjudging distance between obstacles behind you mid turn with a110* camera though....

I've got my bow, 65 lb test spider wire, a fishing pole, and some 3/8" rope. Hoping to get it down this evening.

Contemplating cutting the tree down. I need fire wood anyway.
                  Not into FPV drones, but did take my hand at FPV airplanes. Shit was incredibly fun.

Had long range transmitters with "return to base" signal drop features. My buddy and I would drive/hike up one of the huge mountains here in town and fly over our city, taking it all in while sitting on our asses.

Haven't done it in a while now, as he moved away. Most of my stuff is sold/gone too.
                  My previous build (currently E30-less)
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    Did you get it from 914 Rubber?
                    Yeah, that's the only place me and my dad could find that sold them. We've been going to that site for anything else niche for the 914 ever since.
                    "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
                    The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

Yeah, that's the only place me and my dad could find that sold them. We've been going to that site for anything else niche for the 914 ever since.
                      Thats the best guy to get them from. Ive replaced some rubber on a 914 already (was helping a friend R&R his motor) and the stuff is good. Its a PITA but worth it when you have a sealed targa top
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                        Not into FPV drones, but did take my hand at FPV airplanes. Shit was incredibly fun.

Had long range transmitters with "return to base" signal drop features. My buddy and I would drive/hike up one of the huge mountains here in town and fly over our city, taking it all in while sitting on our asses.

Haven't done it in a while now, as he moved away. Most of my stuff is sold/gone too.
                        I have a feeling that's where I'll end up with it. With the goggles on it's on a whole other level.
                        No E30 Club
                        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                          I have a feeling that's where I'll end up with it. With the goggles on it's on a whole other level.
                          It is. My buddies goggles would rotate the camera on the plane wherever he 'looked" with the goggles on.

Really opened up an entirely different perspective of the world.
                          My previous build (currently E30-less)
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

So I want to buy a hand gun, where's the best place to start? Trust a guy at Cabelas to sell me the right firearm?
                            I read through some of the "this is guns" thread here but that doesn't appear to be "aimed" at newbies like me.
                            Looking for something of good quality, repeatability, etc but not break the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by mjimport View Post
                              So I want to buy a hand gun, where's the best place to start? Trust a guy at Cabelas to sell me the right firearm?
                              I read through some of the "this is guns" thread here but that doesn't appear to be "aimed" at newbies like me.
                              Looking for something of good quality, repeatability, etc but not break the bank.
                              I know nothing about guns but perhaps some more information would be useful to those that do. What do you plan to do with the gun?

Comment

Personal protection basically, so probably a 9mm caliber. I understand that a .40 would have better stopping power, but I have a lot of training to do, and I don't suspect I'll ever need to actually fire it at anyone.
                                I'm no dooms day prepper but it would be nice having a little more confidence that if something were to happen locally, I would have a few firearms that both my wife and myself were comfortable using.

Maybe I should start a thread "this is guns: noob edition" lol

Comment

Working...
                                X