X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
    Gents,

I need some R3v detective work.

Wife and I are traveling to SD this weekend, and she wants to meet up with her surrogate grandmother. They communicate by snail mail and we do not have her phone number. We want her phone number so we can plan a time to visit her while we are on vacation.

Heres all I know.

Name: Imogene Roddy
    Lives in La Mesa CA
    Old, white lady

If someone can find her number that would be appreciated.
    Is this a real request?
    Isn't still possible to call The Operator and ask for telephone number?
    >Dials 411<, or >area code 555-1212< "Hello, operator? I'm looking for a guy named S. Dad, SubDad in Ottawa, Ontario?"
    "Yes, caller I have several SubDads, please hold for those numbers."

Jeebus man, google is your friend. You have her first and last names, and it's not like the names are common.
    Last edited by SubDad; 01-16-2017, 08:10 PM. Reason: She used to live in Flagstaff, she's a Scorpio and she knows Eric?

Comment

Why wouldn't you just write her a letter asking for her phone number?

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
      I want a sunbeam alpine..... like bad....
      The one I've been lusting after lately is the Lotus/Caterham/Whatever Seven. I keep coming back to it every so often, one of these days, I think one of them will end up in my garage.

Comment

A real man would drop an s62 down the hole in that.
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
          A real man would drop an s62 down the hole in that.
          I've always thought an aluminium M52B28 with typical bolt-ons would be ideal in a Locost.

Comment

About 25 years ago i started collecting triumph tr-7's. Since that time, they have been taking up space in my dad's barn. I always had designs to restore one of them, bit since i discovered the venerable e30, my intrest in flimsy british bullshit has been irreparably lost. I have been advertising them on and off for the last 3 years. Today was finally the day. A guy and his teen boys drove down from the upper part of michigan's lower peninsula, loaded all of it on a big trailer, and removed that crap from my life. Today was a good day. I feel like i just divested myself of a bad relationship maybe even like i just hooked up that annoying guy at the office with a chick i knew damn well had vd.
            Last edited by flyboyx; 01-16-2017, 11:10 PM.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
              I've always thought an aluminium M52B28 with typical bolt-ons would be ideal in a Locost.
              I'd drop in either a Hayabusa motor, or a K20/K24. The K series motors can make silly amounts of power naturally aspirated. Think 300+ on pump gas. Fairly compact/lightweight too. 300HP in a car as light as that would be just stupid.

Comment

About 25 years ago i started collecting triumph tr-7's. Since that time, they have been taking up space in my dad's barn. I always had designs to restore one of them, bit since i discovered the venerable e30, my intrest in flimsy british bullshit has been irreparably lost. I have been advertising them on and off for the last 3 years. Today was finally the day. A guy and his teen boys drove down from the upper part of michigan's lower peninsula, loaded all of it on a big trailer, and removed that crap from my life. Today was a good day. I feel like i just divested myself of a bad relationship maybe even like i just hooked up that annoying guy at the office with a chick i knew damn well had vd.
                Ha ha, I have a ratty but excellent driving TR2 that my parents owned since the late 1960s but would probably dump it in favor of the E30 if push came to shove...

Comment

Yeah I'd vote K series. The 2.4 bottom end can bump up to 2.6 as well. Not sure how much testing has been done with that crank, but the crank/rods/pistons for that kit are only like 2k for the whole deal.
                  Originally posted by priapism
                  My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                  Originally posted by shameson
                  Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I watched a wheeler dealers and they rebuilt a sunbeam alpina with a brabham 4 cyl racing engine. The want was so strong.... I do have a soft spot for them British cars idk why.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                      Yeah I'd vote K series. The 2.4 bottom end can bump up to 2.6 as well. Not sure how much testing has been done with that crank, but the crank/rods/pistons for that kit are only like 2k for the whole deal.
                      As long as the parts are quality, I can't imagine why not. But yeah, parts are cheap too. I was looking at built motors a while back. 300hp motor for something like 8k. That's a steal if you ask me.

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                      I watched a wheeler dealers and they rebuilt a sunbeam alpina with a brabham 4 cyl racing engine. The want was so strong.... I do have a soft spot for them British cars idk why.
                      I think it's because everything British is charming as fuck. Or maybe that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                        I'd drop in either a Hayabusa motor, or a K20/K24. The K series motors can make silly amounts of power naturally aspirated. Think 300+ on pump gas. Fairly compact/lightweight too. 300HP in a car as light as that would be just stupid.
                        K24 is a sensible choice. My pick of 4 cylinders would probably be a BEAMS 3SGE + J160 though. However, to actually get good power out of a 4 cylinder is going to be more work and more money and there is an abundance of compact, aluminium V6's filling the junk yards these days that make around that kind of power standard. 2GR-FE would be a good one, 163kg and 268hp-296hp depending on application.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post

I think it's because everything British is charming as fuck. Or maybe that's just me.

Nope thats pretty much true for me too. Im into the odd ball quirky cars though.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I have a free copy of Portal on Steam that I will give away to the first person to pm me.
                            My Feedback

Comment

A couple of days ago, I got my first pup of my own! Meet Subaru, A.K.A, Subie!
                              Attached Files
                              88 325i Cabrio
                              04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                              If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

^ verrrrrrry niiiiiicce! I liiiike!!! (In that borat kind of way)
                                sigpic
                                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X