Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    Someone school me on homeowners insurance..

At my parents house, they discovered a water leak with the source of it being under the concrete. They got quoted some insane amount to fix it, because they need to dig up a lot of the floor in the house to access the line.

My parents have full coverage on the house, so they thought this was no big deal. Now, the adjuster is at their house telling them that the water piping underneath the concrete is a "wear and tear" item, which is not covered.

So, my question is; is that really in the wear and tear category?
    It depends on the policy they have as to wether their insurance company will cover it. When getting insurance for a new project, I've actually had agents ask if I wanted underground plumbing coverage. If there isn't an exclusion in their policy, I think it should be covered.

I have filed a few claims in my day. There are a lot of companies that teach their adjusters to deny claims wether they are valid or not to save money. If I were you, I would hire an insurance advocate. Not positive that is the correct name, but basically, they have experience fighting/negotiating with these guys and know when to call their bullshit. I believe they charge about 10% or so of whatever they recover for you.

I used one for the flood claim I filed during hurricane Ike in 2008. He recovered an extra 45 grand for me
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I was talking to someone and they also told me to talk to a public adjuster, or advocate. That's probably going to be the next step. Thanks flyboy

Hopefully, they're covered because that would suck pretty bad for my parents if this had to come out of their pocket, since they're about to retire.
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Sorry to hear about that.

But yeah, anytime insurance companies are involved, especially if they start talking about denying coverage, get some assistance (lawyer, public advocate, etc.)

Going at it alone is life bringing a knife to a gun fight.
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

When I discovered my bathroom leak recently, I was told that insurance wouldn't cover it because it had been going for a while, so it was considered neglect.

Supposedly if I had discovered it as soon as it happened, it would have been covered. Regardless, my deductible is more than it ended up costing so in my situation it doesn't matter.

I'd definitely get someone to help you. Sounds like your parents are getting screwed. Insurance companies can be such a bitch. Complain about forking out cash to someone who has been paying for years, but then if you back into a pedestrian in a parking lot, then said person is on record giving contradicting statements in court, they still fork out $30k like it's nothing. (Situation my Father in law was in.)
          No E30 Club
          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Looking forward to winter weather. I miss the sweet and creamy alcohol drinks.
            Last May after I completed my accounting courses I bought a bottle of Advocaat and drank the whole thing in a week. I swear my heart was gonna give out from all that cholesterol (from the egg yokes) but damn it was yummy! I cut it with almond milk and had it on the rocks. Was nice having something creamy with no dairy.

Good stuff!
            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
              Looking forward to winter weather. I miss the sweet and creamy alcohol drinks.
              Last May after I completed my accounting courses I bought a bottle of Advocaat and drank the whole thing in a week. I swear my heart was gonna give out from all that cholesterol (from the egg yokes) but damn it was yummy! I cut it with almond milk and had it on the rocks. Was nice having something creamy with no dairy.

Good stuff!
              Never heard of that. It could be interesting, I'm going to make some. I can't wait for homemade eggnog

Comment

Finally got my wheels on. I think it's just aggressive enough,l. I like it. It rubs the edge of the front so I think I'll just trim it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by flyboyx
                how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                Originally posted by Northern
                beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

you should of flipped them around so the lettering is on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post

no, that's not how it's done these days.
                    go ask the stanced kids, they'll agree

Comment

Replacing the timing guides on my m42 and it has just fucking snow balled. Now its timing guides and a complete cooling system. Come to find out i dont think i have the tools to lock the cams and crank in place yay fucking me. This went from 45 dollar tensioner to a thousand in everything real quick.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                        no, that's not how it's done these days.
                        go ask the stanced kids, they'll agree

With any other tire besides a BFG, I'd agree with you. But there's something about white letter BFGs that just look awesome.

Got it out today, and took it to get it inspected. It rubs the front of the fender well (the edge of the black bumper) just slightly when turning. Trying to decide whether to just trim the plastic, or say F it and get a new front bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Originally posted by flyboyx
                        how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                        Originally posted by Northern
                        beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                        Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                        Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                        '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                        Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
                          But there's something about white letter BFGs that just look awesome.
                          :nice:

Comment

Didn't feel like spending the money on a crank tool so i just made one

works flawlessly

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Real nice!!
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

1984 Renault R5 Turbo for sale.
                                Low mileage too

Comment

Working...
                                X