Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    Work rant:

This new customer came in, over a month ago, with his e70 X5. The drive belt snapped on it, so he was running of the battery, no power steering and no A/C. The engine was in limp mode, because of the low voltage and it had like 20 codes stored in the DME. No big deal.. I put a new belt on it and I let him know, if there were any pre existing problems, they might still be there, but I have to get the alternator running before I can do anything else. Also, I brought to his attention that the belt slid off the pulley because his oil filter housing was pouring oil on the drive belt. He didn't want to fix that..

Anyways, fast forward to last night. He bring the car back in and the SES light is back on. I scan it and see 5 new codes that were not present on the first sheet of codes when he brought the car in the first time. I let him know that this is a new problem.

Upon further investigation, due the massive oil leak the car has and his negligence to keep an I on the level, the cam journals and cylinder head wore out and the cam was pretty much moving around in there. I told him that his engine was a ticking time bomb and that shit is going to blow the fuck up sooner than later. He then persists to tell me I paid X amount to get my car fixed and it has the same problem.... I kept explaining to him that the codes that pointed towards this problem were not stored in the DME when you first brought me the car. Also, I wouldn't have charged you so much to do the belt and whatever if I knew this car needed a 10k repair, because you might not want to spend the money on it to get it fixed.

He for some reason could not grasp the concept that I had no way of knowing this problem existed when he first brought the car in....

Then he persisted to scream at me at the top of his lungs in front of my other customers, calling me a fucking idiot, a liar, a cheat, ect ect....

I kept my cool the whole time, but god damn, the severe retardation this guy suffers is mind boggling.
    I think he knows the car is going cost a lot to get the car fixed.

It is also safe to assume he perfectly grasps the concept, and he is now trying to get you somehow responsible for his bill or a big percentage of the bill.

He seems to be trying to cheat you!
    1990 325i
    2004 330i Individual 6-speed
    sigpic

Comment

I think he wants you to peg him with the 24 incher.

One thing is certain, he's an asshole and probably trying to get you to pay for his maint.
      Last edited by flyboyx; 02-11-2018, 07:23 AM.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Just dropped a grand on a new samsung tv yesterday and today it goes on sale for 700 bucks -__- gonna have to get them to refund the difference.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
          Just dropped a grand on a new samsung tv yesterday and today it goes on sale for 700 bucks -__- gonna have to get them to refund the difference.

I bought a 50” Samsung curves 4K tv for about 550 on Black Friday special. The bigger 55” goes for on sale even cheaper so I checked the ads almost everyday for 30 days to see if mine gets cheaper and when I compared prices, my tv ends up being the most expensive one. And in the end I thought I had a 32” in my room, I had a 42”. Technically my tv is too big for my room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nonsense Thread

Had the same thing happen when it came to the size. I thought i had a 47 inch but after buying a 49 i must of had a 40 cause this thing is massive.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
              I think he wants you to peg him with the 24 incher.

One thing is certain, he's an asshole and probably trying to get you to pay for his maint.
              I was about to grab it from my tool box and chase him around.
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Work rant:

This new customer came in, over a month ago, with his e70 X5. The drive belt snapped on it, so he was running of the battery, no power steering and no A/C. The engine was in limp mode, because of the low voltage and it had like 20 codes stored in the DME. No big deal.. I put a new belt on it and I let him know, if there were any pre existing problems, they might still be there, but I have to get the alternator running before I can do anything else. Also, I brought to his attention that the belt slid off the pulley because his oil filter housing was pouring oil on the drive belt. He didn't want to fix that..

Anyways, fast forward to last night. He bring the car back in and the SES light is back on. I scan it and see 5 new codes that were not present on the first sheet of codes when he brought the car in the first time. I let him know that this is a new problem.

Upon further investigation, due the massive oil leak the car has and his negligence to keep an I on the level, the cam journals and cylinder head wore out and the cam was pretty much moving around in there. I told him that his engine was a ticking time bomb and that shit is going to blow the fuck up sooner than later. He then persists to tell me I paid X amount to get my car fixed and it has the same problem.... I kept explaining to him that the codes that pointed towards this problem were not stored in the DME when you first brought me the car. Also, I wouldn't have charged you so much to do the belt and whatever if I knew this car needed a 10k repair, because you might not want to spend the money on it to get it fixed.

He for some reason could not grasp the concept that I had no way of knowing this problem existed when he first brought the car in....

Then he persisted to scream at me at the top of his lungs in front of my other customers, calling me a fucking idiot, a liar, a cheat, ect ect....

I kept my cool the whole time, but god damn, the severe retardation this guy suffers is mind boggling.
                Doesn't want to fix oil leak...comes back screaming at you because his car has an oil leak and ruins the engine. It is absolutely astonishing how fucking dumb some people can be...
                89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

The point he was trying to make was the problem he originally came with still existed.

He's just going to take to yelp and bash my business.

One guy on yelp was bashing me over a warranty. Everything I do comes with 2 year warranty. This one guy on yelp left me a one star review because he I "only offered a 2 year warranty and I had to talk him into giving me a 24 month" LOL. He was pissed because I did a bunch of suspension work and I don't do alignments at my shop and told him he needed to get one done after this job was complete.
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

The point he was trying to make was the problem he originally came with still existed.

He's just going to take to yelp and bash my business.

One guy on yelp was bashing me over a warranty. Everything I do comes with 2 year warranty. This one guy on yelp left me a one star review because he I "only offered a 2 year warranty and I had to talk him into giving me a 24 month" LOL. He was pissed because I did a bunch of suspension work and I don't do alignments at my shop and told him he needed to get one done after this job was complete.

I would of been like well. I can get some string and give you your alignment if its that big of a deal but you’ll still need a legit one.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

The base of his argument was it had the same problem, I didn’t fix it. Lol. I’m like, you can drive your car, right? Your ac works

Comment

It astonishes me how much shit people try and get for free. Its always the people that are loaded too.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

people don't get rich spending cash

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                            people don't get rich spending cash

Yea they get rich by being ungrateful pricks and bitching until they get what they want. Its crazy the shit people try and pull at work when they find out they need a new engine/trans or what have you.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                              I would of been like well. I can get some string and give you your alignment if its that big of a deal but you’ll still need a legit one.
                              I mean you can give some decent tape measure and plumb bob alignments ;)
                              89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                              I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Anyways, I got a set of Nexen N'feras SU1s but they're too talk for my e30, so I got a set of Dunlop Direzza DZ102s. Anyone have any experience with them?

I like Direzza’s. I like them a lot.

They are my go to tire for Chump/Champ/Lucky Dog Racing because they are so predictable. Forgiving if you push them to hard and tons of noisy when you get to the edge of traction which helps finding it. Plus, they still make them in decent 15” sizes and are relatively inexpensive. Some teams went to Revivals, which gave you a few hero laps before they fell off, but those people would often go back to the Direzza’s.

I’ve also ran the Falken and Hankook 200 TW, and they weren’t bad, but just not the feel of the Direzza’s either. The Falkens wouldn’t make any noise until it was too late (and you already were flat spotting the sh*t out of them).

Currently though, my Alpina and Touring are sporting the new R888r’s.

1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                                2016 Ford Flex
                                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Working...
                                X