Clear All

It was the n55 in this case.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post

I havent seen an n55 x1 before. I knew they were out there but dont see them often

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

That thermostat and wp can be a real pain. Hope the shit storm lightens up on you...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by wholepailofwater
        Q
        :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Im impressed by how handy flyboy is! great job!
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd
          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Flyboy you’re making me not want to buy a duplex to rent one and live in the other but I guess there’s a loophole that’s expiring soon so I’ve been considering getting one.

...Buying something in LA is a nightmare ...
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              Flyboy you’re making me not want to buy a duplex to rent one and live in the other but I guess there’s a loophole that’s expiring soon so I’ve been considering getting one.

...Buying something in LA is a nightmare ...
              well, i don't doubt your ability to fix a car, but I don't know where you stand when it comes to home repairs.

I think in your case, a duplex seems like a pretty good idea to offset your living costs. at least if something goes wrong, you are just next door and don't have to drive an hour like I do.

if I were you, I would get on it sooner than later.
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

well, i don't doubt your ability to fix a car, but I don't know where you stand when it comes to home repairs.

I think in your case, a duplex seems like a pretty good idea to offset your living costs. at least if something goes wrong, you are just next door and don't have to drive an hour like I do.

if I were you, I would get on it sooner than later.
                True, lots of truth here.

We'll see what happens
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                  Im impressed by how handy flyboy is! great job!
                  thank you tex. could you imagine how much all of this would have cost if I had to pay someone to do the work?

I don't think you can buy r22 a/c units anymore. that means they would have been required to replace the evaporator as well to the tune of 4k or so for all new schizzle.

I never bothered to check on how much the dealer would charge for the water pump/thermostat but I would guess with parts it might be 2k?
                  sigpic
                  Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

thank you tex. could you imagine how much all of this would have cost if I had to pay someone to do the work?

I don't think you can buy r22 a/c units anymore. that means they would have been required to replace the evaporator as well to the tune of 4k or so for all new schizzle.

I never bothered to check on how much the dealer would charge for the water pump/thermostat but I would guess with parts it might be 2k?
                    I would have never thought of looking on craig's list. Oh yeah you'd be looking into the thousands for the AC repair. AC stuff is something I'm very ignorant on, that and electrical lol
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd
                    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

after having that e36, I'm really starting to appreciate the mini's nice interior and the fact that everytihg works.

I'm going to pull the trigger on the swap and part that slut out.

The m20 runs so well, its gonna be hard to part with it, but I do want to go faster, so I guess this is a small compromise
                      Q

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                        after having that e36, I'm really starting to appreciate the mini's nice interior and the fact that everytihg works.

I'm going to pull the trigger on the swap and part that slut out.

The m20 runs so well, its gonna be hard to part with it, but I do want to go faster, so I guess this is a small compromise
                        Keep the M20 for the vert
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          Keep the M20 for the vert
                          The verts m20 its just as strong, if not stronger than the one in the hardtop! That vert is mechanically sound. The only thing with that car is I got DICKED on a paint job from a guy we've been dealing with for yeaaaaaaaaaaars.

Sent it to him about 3 years ago for a sand/respray and that shit stain didn't even sand it down. The new paint is coming clean off the old paint. That thing is an eye sore rn.

Anyways, I think I'll keep that m20 as a long term project.

As for the M52, I'm going throw in s5x cams and an m50 manifold and call it a day.
                          Q

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                            The verts m20 its just as strong, if not stronger than the one in the hardtop! That vert is mechanically sound. The only thing with that car is I got DICKED on a paint job from a guy we've been dealing with for yeaaaaaaaaaaars.

Sent it to him about 3 years ago for a sand/respray and that shit stain didn't even sand it down. The new paint is coming clean off the old paint. That thing is an eye sore rn.

Anyways, I think I'll keep that m20 as a long term project.

As for the M52, I'm going throw in s5x cams and an m50 manifold and call it a day.
                            Thats more than enough. Sell the M20 to someone if its strong and your other one is good... no need, but you also have space to store it
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

about how much does a good m20 sell for? I'd entertain selling it, if the price is right.

I bought the e36 for 500 bucks, so after the rack/engine/trans and I believe i'm going to need half the driveshaft, I can still part it out and get my money back plus some for the swap. So selling the m20 isn't really necessary, but if I can get a pretty penny for it, I'd entertain the idea.
                              Q

Comment

Idk about Houston but here labor is 159.99 an hour and the water pump/thermostat is 3-4 hour job irrc for customer pay. Pretty much divide that by 1.5 and thats what warranty would pay.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Working...
                                X