Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
    No reason to be an ass. Just sharing the collective misery. I spray truck bedliners in a spray booth that’s around 130 degrees, while wearing a spray suit, full face mask, with ~100+ degree bedliner floating around the booth while you texture. The big shop at the dealer ship read 116 at 11am this today, didn’t look before I left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup, being an ass. :P

Damn, don't envy that! The little I do spray, I wear a full tyvek suit, so can relate.

One time we were doing a 14hr at Daytona...in June. Ugh, as much fun as it is racing, it gets brutal down here. I got in the car after being dressed in a 3 layer suit and had a Cool Shirt underneath. We have to have face shield down and be fully dressed while strapping in the car (plus the time you are waiting for the car to come in), and all power has to be cut to the car, I nearly passed out while waiting to be able to turn the shirt on. It's actually less offensive having the suit without the shirt, but WOW does that ice water make a huge difference once racing. One of the guys used his FitBit during his session and for 2 hours straight, his heartbeat didn't drop much below 160bpm.

Buddy of mine just got a new A/C unit for his house. Brought the old one here, plan on installing it (2.5 ton). My house is also due, so going to bring that one as well (2ton, upgrading to 3.5). Between the two I am hoping to keep the humidity down at least - not so much worried about the temp. The shop is 90' long and only has a door at one end, so the back gets ridiculous this time of year.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Well, I really feel like a homeowner now. Was using the weedeater on the brick patio (needs a lot of work) and it shot a 2 inch piece of stick at my back door and shattered the glass Oh well, we had been wanting a sliding door anyways, so this was our chance to get one.
      88 325i Cabrio
      04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post
        Well, I really feel like a homeowner now. Was using the weedeater on the brick patio (needs a lot of work) and it shot a 2 inch piece of stick at my back door and shattered the glass Oh well, we had been wanting a sliding door anyways, so this was our chance to get one.
        I feel your pain. This happened to me once before too but it was dog shit, not a stick and the glass didn't shatter.
        Steve • Toronto
        1991 318is • Brillantrot
        Build Thread

Comment

Lol
          Originally posted by codyep3
          I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
          2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
          1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
          1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
          2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
          2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
          2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
          2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
          2010 F650gs twin
          2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post

I was re-screening my patio years ago, and just got a new Boxer puppy. Well, she ran straight through the 12'x4' lower section I was on the last couple inches of rolling. Got so pissed, I threw the screen roller and it went straight through the bathroom window and gouged the brand new solid core raised panel door I installed just a few weeks prior. Luckily it wasn't stained yet, but man, what a face-palm moment. Joys of home ownership. :/ Needless to say, the lower portions of the screen were lined with lattice work after that lol.

You can purchase a piece of tempered glass and install it yourself if you are handy. My dad had a pool table in his second dining room and a rogue cue went through it when he was breaking. Stright through the slider it went. IIRC the glass was less than $100 from a frame-less shower door joint.
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:
            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
              We have to have face shield down and be fully dressed while strapping in the car (plus the time you are waiting for the car to come in), and all power has to be cut to the car, I nearly passed out while waiting to be able to turn the shirt on. It's actually less offensive having the suit without the shirt, but WOW does that ice water make a huge difference once racing. One of the guys used his FitBit during his session and for 2 hours straight, his heartbeat didn't drop much below 160bpm.
              I can relate! Although what's worse for me is having to help the next guy strap in after doing two hours and unhooking from the CoolShirt feed when I need it the most.

Who's going to the 24 at VIR next month?
              Originally posted by kronus
              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                Ugh, you guys have twisted my rubber arm! ;)
                Lol this is funny. I semi-relate to this story, now that I’m in my late 20’s I find myself getting hit on by much older woman, AKA cougars. It’s a pretty awkward situation as I get bashful and don’t have the balls to reject them immediately.

The cherry on top is that the majority of these experiences happen while I’m with my GF, however, conveniently she’ll be in the restroom. FML. It’s always fun watching your girl walk back to you and notice there’s an additional ‘companion’ in our midst. Thankfully she has bigger balls than I do and can make them scat immediately as she says “Hi”. Honestly all these situations crack me up, and thankfully my GF understands it’s not my fault that I’m a huge bag of eye candy.
                sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
                1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
                1991 318is - Sold
                1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Originally posted by ButtJuice View Post
                  Lol this is funny. I semi-relate to this story, now that I’m in my late 20’s I find myself getting hit on by much older woman, AKA cougars. It’s a pretty awkward situation as I get bashful and don’t have the balls to reject them immediately.

The cherry on top is that the majority of these experiences happen while I’m with my GF, however, conveniently she’ll be in the restroom. FML. It’s always fun watching your girl walk back to you and notice there’s an additional ‘companion’ in our midst. Thankfully she has bigger balls than I do and can make them scat immediately as she says “Hi”. Honestly all these situations crack me up, and thankfully my GF understands it’s not my fault that I’m a huge bag of eye candy.
                  So trueee.

I'm 26 now, and I've noticed the same shit.

I was at a bar once and a wild pack of cougars was walking by the patio. One of them yelled "I want that one" as she pointed at me, followed by her friend giving herself "hand goggles" and pressing them up against the glass going "yyyyyyyyyEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH HH"

Do single women in their 50s just have the same fuckboy mentality as 21 y/o?
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Same mentality as in DESPERATE AF?
                    yes. 50's is sorta up there probably a reason why those women have been divorced multiple times.

Comment

thankfully my GF understands it’s not my fault that I’m a huge bag of butt candy.
                      ftfy

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                      Do single women in their 50s just have the same fuckboy mentality as 21 y/o?
                      I have read some seriously fahcked recounts form AMA's with male strippers on reddit about how much more insane older women are at strip clubs and shit. Some true lord of the flies type pack frenzy stuff

...now I feel like I have to clarify: was desperate to earn some cash in college, looking into selling my soul to pay for motorcycle stuff
                      Last edited by wworm; 07-24-2018, 08:58 AM. Reason: cougin
                      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                        I was re-screening my patio years ago, and just got a new Boxer puppy. Well, she ran straight through the 12'x4' lower section I was on the last couple inches of rolling. Got so pissed, I threw the screen roller and it went straight through the bathroom window and gouged the brand new solid core raised panel door I installed just a few weeks prior. Luckily it wasn't stained yet, but man, what a face-palm moment. Joys of home ownership. :/ Needless to say, the lower portions of the screen were lined with lattice work after that lol.

You can purchase a piece of tempered glass and install it yourself if you are handy. My dad had a pool table in his second dining room and a rogue cue went through it when he was breaking. Stright through the slider it went. IIRC the glass was less than $100 from a frame-less shower door joint.
                        Honestly, it would've been easy and cheap to replace, but we don't like our current setup anyways. It's like french doors, but only one insert opens and it's from the outside edge. I'm sure the whole thing was probably a good 1500 when new though. We already bought a slider that night, though. Just need to install it.
                        88 325i Cabrio
                        04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                        If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

about 6 or 7 years ago, I had an overnight in nashville with a flight attendant(chick) and first officer(also a chick) that were both party girls. my girlfriend at the time(now my wife) was along for the ride and hanging out with us on this particular awesome overnight. we went downtown to watch some live country music and have a few beers.....well...because it was fucking Nashville. the 4 of us were sitting in this random bar having drinks and watching the band play. after about 40 minutes or so, the waitress comes over and says that the table over yonder just bought us a round of drinks..... ok.....?

well, this group of 4 (two chicks and two guys) comes over and says that they were passengers on our flight from Newark earlier in the day. they pull up a table and some chairs and proceed to hang out with us. they are more or less pretty cool so it was not a big deal.

about and hour passes and my girlfriend goes to the potty. one of the chicks from this other group asks me if I want to dance. seems harmless, so I agree. as we are out on the dance floor, she sticks her tounge in my ear and whispers to me that I make her pussy wet.....wow! she was actually a pretty decent looking middle aged woman with a really nice bod. I've honestly never had anyone tell me that one before....!!

I have no idea if she wanted a 3 way, a 4 way, a 6 way or who knows what. about this time, my girl came came back to the table from the bathroom. we left my two co-workers in the bar and got the hell out of there. went back to the company provided hotel and proceeded to mess up the sheets.

the next day, we resumed our trip flying off to who knows where. I mentioned to my first officer and flight attendant what this chick had told me the day before on the dance floor. oddly they were not surprised. they said that she told them that she said that to me after we left. wtf? who says shit like that? weird as hell I believe. however, I suppose that if I happened to be single at the time, she probably would have wound up in my hotel room that night.
                          Last edited by flyboyx; 07-24-2018, 08:09 PM.
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

The thirst is real with middle aged women..
                            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I'll never forget this not-so Cougar aged Cougar... I was around 20 working at a credit union. She was a small business owner who ran a small yoga studio, I felt the magnetism everytime she came in, we would subtly flirt everytime she was there...

I saw her one time when I was stoned out of my mind at the Safeway at like 10pm and she was there with her hubby... I dont think he quite appreciated the flirting that day and I dont think I saw her after that day... bummer
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Spent the last few days at a professional conference and now I have a job offer from someone I met at the conference, and I think I'm going to take it.

Any of you guys ever been 'poached'? I'm curious to hear what the best way to go about leaving my current job without burning bridges since all of this unfolded while I was traveling and selling for my current employer.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                                Sounds like you need a massage.
                                Originally posted by kpeng
                                Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Working...
                                X