Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
    They work, but if they're doing it right you're screwed either way :)

We're trained to visually estimate speed, then confirm it with radar. I can write a speed citation based on my visual estimation alone, given I have the required training and experience.

Good to know, that's the best way to handle these things.
    So the Sargent got back to me agreed that the ticket was incorrectly issued!

He said that the ticket may have been filed already, so I'll still have to go to court, but he advised me on how to prove my case and also let me know that he will notify the citing officer that he made a simple mistake.

What a relief, I was looking up how much those tickets cost...
    Originally posted by wholepailofwater
    Q
    :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

WTH Mr Burg is being a responsible adult...
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

This was me today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Q

Comment

My thoughts exactly. I would of expected him to find that officers address and leave a flaming bag of poo on his porch. But this... this is like something I’ve never seen lol

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
            So the Sargent got back to me agreed that the ticket was incorrectly issued!

He said that the ticket may have been filed already, so I'll still have to go to court, but he advised me on how to prove my case and also let me know that he will notify the citing officer that he made a simple mistake.

What a relief, I was looking up how much those tickets cost...
            Mistakes certainly happen, I've made my fair share in my years on the job (including going through an entire OWI without realizing the guy gave me his brother's name and DOB, which could have *really* fucked him over).

We're all human, glad it worked out for you, and hopefully that officer learns from this and doesn't fuck up like that again.

This was me today

2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
              My thoughts exactly. I would of expected him to find that officers address and leave a flaming bag of poo on his porch. But this... this is like something I’ve never seen lol
              I've broken out of my cocoon and now I'm a big boy
              Q

Comment

This was me today

LOL this might've also been you...

Comment

I just wrote some feedback on Napa Auto parts' website and my finger hit delete instead of enter to submit and it deleted all of it. Im ready to throw my computer off the 13th floor
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

I just wrote some feedback on Napa Auto parts' website and my finger hit delete instead of enter to submit and it deleted all of it. Im ready to throw my computer off the 13th floor
                    we dont have a 13th floor sir you must be mistaken...

Comment

Was it a good review? Funny? Bad? Details we need.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

who writes good reviews these days unless they are accompanied by a dutch rudder or something?

I'm guessing someone pissed Simon off with a plethora of ineptitude.
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                          Was it a good review? Funny? Bad? Details we need.

Both, actually

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                          who writes good reviews these days unless they are accompanied by a dutch rudder or something?

I'm guessing someone pissed Simon off with a plethora of ineptitude.

I know how much people like to bitch about stuff so I try to offset that by writing good reviews when I feel it was warranted. In this case it was a little of both.

The starter on my Datsun stopped engaging the flywheel so after I (annoyingly) pulled out, I contacted my local Napa Auto parts. I purchased the reman’d starter in June 2017, and being July 2018 I was ready for them to tell me to pound sand because it has a 1 year warranty. Sure enough after calling the local Napa they told me that not only was it a 1 year warranty and they don’t even sell it anymore so I couldn’t even buy another one. I tried to have a conversation with this guy to see if we could find a solution and the best thing he could suggest was to have the starter re-man’d again. Oh and it was going to cost $200, when the starter itself was $120. :rippedoff:

Annoyed with this option, plus coupled by the fact that I could’ve bought one on eBay for $60, I began to press him about what protection I would have from it failing again in 13 months and the fact that it shouldn’t have even been a problem so quickly. He offered nothing helpful... I’ve put ~1200 miles on the car and 500 of that was my initial drive home... He got all pissy and was deflecting all the responsibility and generally made me not want to spend a dollar with them. I was getting angry so I hung up and thought I should regroup.

I decided I would call the Napa that I bought the starter from and talk to them about. I spoke to a guy and explained the situation. He looked it up and said it actually has a lifetime warranty. He offered to help me with exchanging it and wasn’t sure why the local Napa wasn’t willing to do help me. I was thrilled with this and even though it was going to be a pain in the ass to ship this starter to (ironically) Napa, CA I figured Id rather deal with this guy than the idiot whos a few miles away. I shipped it off and about a week later I got a call from him letting me know whats going on. A few days later and my "new" starter arrives.

Overall, Im happy with the outcome (assuming this starter works and doesnt fail again in a year) so I wanted Napa Auto parts to know. I didnt trash the local guy and didnt name him by name, but I really wanted them to see that the store up north really went above and beyond after my local store failed hardcore.
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

The starter on my Datsun stopped engaging the flywheel so after I (annoyingly) pulled out, I contacted my local Napa Auto parts.
                            You pulled what out of where? Oh my.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                              You pulled what out of where? Oh my.
                              probably pulled a 13mm wrench out of an old fleshlight
                              Q

Comment

Went Go Karting again yesterday for the 2nd time this year. 50 mph on the back straights, something close to 89* outside, had an absolute blast again. Top 3 guys (my brother, coworker, and myself) were all within a couple tenths of each other lap after lap.

That got me going down the rabbit hole of looking at motorcycle powered carts, F1000 cars, etc.. Turns out my yearly salary is "too poor" to get involved in those types of sports :D

This is a crappy iPhone shot of the final race where my friend in black made an obscenely good pass on me, two wheels in the dirt to steal the win:

2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Working...
                                X