Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agent View Post
    Arbitrary deadlines are one of the many reasons I am no longer working for the company I was when you and I got beers, Joe. I'm living proof that the grass can definitely be greener elsewhere.
    That does sound nice - come back to KC for some more beers so we can discuss your green grass.

Regarding my boss, some weeks are buttery smooth, but when he is stressed out the pressure/stress gets pushed down to everyone else which only exacerbates the issue(s). Very frustrating.

I think a lot of my recent gripes have been compounded by my recent promotion (VP title), so now I have a lot more visibility from the executive team. Previously my boss was the one of a small team that had executive input, but now that I'm wading in that pool with him he is pushing more and more onto me to manage the perception that he is my boss and still important...we'll see how this goes since we have only a little bit of overlap between my role and his department.

If shit gets really bad, I'll just call up any one of the clients that want to poach me and ass what they're offering.

For now, back to the Monday grind.

@2Man - Work from home is the bees knees. I try to spend at least 2 days working from home every month or so. I get my shit done at work, so if I know I have a 'slow day' coming up, I'll either communicate my WFH ahead of time...or have a "plumber/electrician/tree guy" coming over last minute that require me to be home ;)

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
    Sounds like you need a massage.
    Originally posted by kpeng
    Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Being happy with where you work is probably one of the most important things to find yourself...

I used to dread work and now, I come in on Monday and the next thing I know, I'm drinking beers with the boys Friday night.
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
        That does sound nice - come back to KC for some more beers so we can discuss your green grass.
        Rest assured that if I ever get back to KC, my short list will include you, the bartenders at Johnny's, and the tour of Boulevard I never managed to do during my 13 trips there.
        Originally posted by kronus
        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Wanted to study today for an internal position that has come up. BUT nooo, AT&T’s U-verse network is down. So no internet and no TV, for what they are saying will be two days!

How do you not have a backup data center?

Lightning, Fire Blamed for AT&T Internet Outage in Dallas-Fort Worth https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/tech/ATT-Internet-Outages-in-DFW-After-Fire-at-Facility-497600691.html?akmobile=o
          1990 325is
          m52b28
          3.73lsd
          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I love where i work. I just hate the things these consultants are doing. They are going to run our customer base off after we just got them back from the previous owner running them off. Charging outrageous prices for things. Like for example wiper blades installed are 119.95 and we get paid 2 tenths of an hour. Spark plugs on a minicooper pay 6 tenths and run 399.95. Thats 100 dollars per plug. Coolant hose replacement ie a rehose that cars rarely need pays 3.50 hours and cost 1,199.95. This shit is crazy. I cant in good faith sell customers these things at these prices so i go around it.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

well, at the end of the day, if they want to pay that, it's their decision. As long as they need the repair, I don't see anything unethical about that.

This lady came in for a brake job, because mercedes wanted to charge her 2.2k lol. I saw the estimate myself..

If you're too lazy to shop around, I won't feel bad
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                well, at the end of the day, if they want to pay that, it's their decision. As long as they need the repair, I don't see anything unethical about that.

This lady came in for a brake job, because mercedes wanted to charge her 2.2k lol. I saw the estimate myself..

If you're too lazy to shop around, I won't feel bad
                Did you look at that estimate and "for you, I charge HAF"
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

lol

for a full brake job w/ rotors, on an E class its about 1.1k w/ genuine parts, so yes I did

"I charge you half, lady" *borat voice

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                    I love where i work. I just hate the things these consultants are doing. They are going to run our customer base off after we just got them back from the previous owner running them off. Charging outrageous prices for things. Like for example wiper blades installed are 119.95 and we get paid 2 tenths of an hour. Spark plugs on a minicooper pay 6 tenths and run 399.95. Thats 100 dollars per plug. Coolant hose replacement ie a rehose that cars rarely need pays 3.50 hours and cost 1,199.95. This shit is crazy. I cant in good faith sell customers these things at these prices so i go around it.
                    Remember, companies have costs, and need a profit margin to grow or deal with unexpected expenses. Do the owners potentially get rich, yes. But if you don't like it you can always start your own.

Can't speak for the auto trade near you, but I can say in the roofing industry, if our techs aren't billing at $200-250/hr we aren't hitting 15% margin. That 15% margin allows the company to stay in business long term, and in theory allows us to eventually hire more people to grow revenue so we can all make more money.

Do the customers get screwed, no, providing the service is good, and they can actually afford to pay for it without endangering their own financial well being.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                      Remember, companies have costs, and need a profit margin to grow or deal with unexpected expenses. Do the owners potentially get rich, yes. But if you don't like it you can always start your own.

Can't speak for the auto trade near you, but I can say in the roofing industry, if our techs aren't billing at $200-250/hr we aren't hitting 15% margin. That 15% margin allows the company to stay in business long term, and in theory allows us to eventually hire more people to grow revenue so we can all make more money.

Do the customers get screwed, no, providing the service is good, and they can actually afford to pay for it without endangering their own financial well being.

I agree the company needs to make money too but they also don’t realize around here people know whats shady and whats not. Especially since we arent the only BMW dealership around. One simple phone call will tell them they are getting screwed and we will lose our customer base. Everyone in the dealership but the owners and the consultants knows this. The consultants have just pulled the wool so far over our owners eyes they cant see through it. Its just a waiting game now.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                        I agree the company needs to make money too but they also don’t realize around here people know whats shady and whats not. Especially since we arent the only BMW dealership around. One simple phone call will tell them they are getting screwed and we will lose our customer base. Everyone in the dealership but the owners and the consultants knows this. The consultants have just pulled the wool so far over our owners eyes they cant see through it. Its just a waiting game now.
                        Oh, I missed that it was a dealer. Well, fuck them and their margin.

But seriously, the intangibles matter to some people, so they can easily emotionally justify extra cost to themselves in the face of reason. Maybe some customers like the coffee at your spot, or the hot receptionists, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                          Oh, I missed that it was a dealer. Well, fuck them and their margin.

But seriously, the intangibles matter to some people, so they can easily emotionally justify extra cost to themselves in the face of reason. Maybe some customers like the coffee at your spot, or the hot receptionists, who knows?

Yea the lady that greets people in the service drive could definitely catch the pipe.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                            Being happy with where you work is probably one of the most important things to find yourself...

I used to dread work and now, I come in on Monday and the next thing I know, I'm drinking beers with the boys Friday night.
                            Words. of. wisdom. :nice:

Since last November I have been job hopping. Not because I got fired or let go, but because the workplaces were just horrible so I left with either 2 weeks or on the spot (workplace bullying/harassment etc).

Found myself a one year term starting Sept 2018. Was really stressing that it was going to be much worse, but now it's turning out really easy and I actually enjoy doing my job. Never thought it was possible.
                            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

So I’m pulling into a parking lot and this guys asks me, “is that the twin turbo?” (I’m in my e30), I respond with a, “no?”

Then he goes, “LAMEEE!”

That’s the funniest troll ever.

Every time I see a car enthusiast, im going to ask that shit and hit them with the “LAME!” after lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

but that is actually kinda llaaammee.

Comment

Working...
                                X