Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    rock auto is mostly just Mail Order Autozone. I have used them in the past, and wont anymore, for me its OEM or PROVEN upgraded replacement

YMMV

Second this. Good for filters, though. Tend to have Mahle stuff at lower prices than FCP.

Ordered a replacement Denso radiator for the 3rd gen from them, same pn and all that, showed up as made in China, sent right back. Ate shipping both ways. Not doing that again.

Ezekiel 25:17
    Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
    The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
    The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
    The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Originally posted by majdomo View Post
      Second this. Good for filters, though. Tend to have Mahle stuff at lower prices than FCP.

Ordered a replacement Denso radiator for the 3rd gen from them, same pn and all that, showed up as made in China, sent right back. Ate shipping both ways. Not doing that again.

I rinsed out my stock radiator per say Roguetoaster, Amazing
      Works and works I don't think it'll ever fail

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
        I never broke a crank. My car started as a 3.1, the external balanced 2.8 cranks were weak. That engine in the pic with the Firebird was a 3.4 Camaro block, 3400 pistons (9.1:1 compression) Chevy Malibu heads/intake. Same thing thats in my Camaro except I left the RWD 3.4 pistons so it's 14:1 compression.

Your brother's car must be insane. Thos DOHC 3.4's were underrated, even in NA form. People just hated them because they can be a pain to time all those cams. Did he use the Getrag 284? Rare gearboxes, but hard the break. Most of those transverse came G282
        Your parts bin build is very cool, hows 14.1 going to play with boost though or even with anything but 108 octane lead, if you can even get that ANYWHERE. Or are you setting that up for N/A only.

Yes the Lq1 was very underrated, it was supposed to be a 300/300(ish) power plant for the midsized line up, but hydromatic could not build a slush box that could live behind it at the time so it was gelded with tuning

LOL that LQ1 is anything but stock, Crank is forged unit out of the factory Blown Malibu Maxx SS with the 3.5l, custom pistons and rods, IIRC its about 9.5:1. Yes hes got a pallet of 284 5spd boxes (3 or 4 of them) that came from Germany for a replacements that were OEM for Opals of some verity IIRC so 1st gear is a little shorter than 284's that were in the Z34's (IIRC). We both figured it was making about 550ish at the crank in that photo, General math and bench racing guestimates were closer to 600. Really have no idea what it will make, as the innards are in theory built 30 ish psi, but that will be testing the block itself and just how forged that crank is
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Yesterday, I got to the shop and found this German Shepard pup with a rope around her neck and she couldn't even stand up.

Poor thing was so malnourished that she didn't even have the energy to pick herself up...

People are such pieces of shit.

had to stay with her all day because she cant pick herself up to pee or poo
          Originally posted by wholepailofwater
          Q
          :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

I have used 5 cans of Seafoam in less than 6 months in my strung out M10 :) just used 2 in a row today back to back. Motor is very healthy, no bent valves or any of that kiddie redlining

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Yesterday I got to the shop and found this german shepard pup in the parking lot. Poor thing was so skinny and malnourished, she couldn't even pick herself up... Some POS just dumped this poor thing out here...

Some people man...

This dog can even stand up to eat, go to the bathroom, or anything...
              Originally posted by wholepailofwater
              Q
              :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                Yesterday, I got to the shop and found this German Shepard pup with a rope around her neck and she couldn't even stand up.

Poor thing was so malnourished that she didn't even have the energy to pick herself up...

People are such pieces of shit.

had to stay with her all day because she cant pick herself up to pee or poo

Fucked up. Did you get her to a rescue?

Comment

speaking of dogs i saw a homeless man on a bike steal a blonde husky that got loose from it's owner.
                  just took it and rode off. homeless scum steal whatever they can get.
                  Sweet stray by jet jones, on Flickr

Comment

Do you guys know how to post photos from Flickr from the iPhone app? I can do it from my PC easy but my phone is giving me some trouble.

Trying to post some pics of my 1 year old puppy lol

Comment

Photobucket works, with the add on in chrome/firefox

Today, was a great day! Baby girl was born, 7lbs 15oz, 20"

Oh and rockauto is the same quality parts as vatozone and O'reily's, When you factor in the shipping, might as well go and get it from the box stores so that if the new part is bad, you can just take it back and get another that day.
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd
                      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post

Oh and rockauto is the same quality parts as vatozone and O'reily's, When you factor in the shipping, might as well go and get it from the box stores so that if the new part is bad, you can just take it back and get another that day.
                        nothing to add about photobucket.

congratulations on the baby! you had a daughter so your life is fucked for the next 18 yrs. still though. awesome!

as to rock auto, they are much much cheaper but sometimes the quality is sketchy. the secret is to buy parts that have that little red heart next to it. those are the ones they have been selling for a long time and have had a good track record with few returns or complaints.
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                          Thank you. It's not so easy being on the parent side of the fence.

Bimerboi, you are preaching to the choir. Look up the term "latch key kid". Broken home, single mom working 2 jobs as a real estate agent by day, waitress at night with a brother 3 years younger in the 80's. He fell into hard core drugs and OD'd at 23, woke my ass up to reality. We all as humans have to deal with reality, suck it up buttercup. :P

I may not have had a broken home but the last part hit home and can agree that makes reality hit hard. I did many many drugs up until i was 21. Then a really close childhood friend died from laced coke and it hit like a brick wall. I dropped everything and focus on what was important. Now i have a career and am focusing on what i need to in life not partying 24/7

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post

Congrats!! First kiddo??

Vatozone...lol’d

Comment

Originally posted by majdomo View Post
                              Congrats!! First kiddo??

Vatozone...lol’d

Never heard of vatozone i thought that was a namestay for the company lol

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I'm going to do a very thorough paint correction tonight and going to need some asistance since I'll be up all night

What's worse for the body
                                Smoking a full Ciggarrete with a light beer
                                Or
                                Smoking a full beer with a light Ciggarrete

Been trying smoking light beer out of my ass,
                                Really think it's time to go back to some regular hops instead

The Only Wax Products I Use
                                *Collinite-845 and Wolfgang Paint-Sealant*

Time to get waxy.

No Dabs.

Last edited by Sonny; 03-23-2019, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X