IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
    BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

^That pretty much sums it all up.
      » PARTS FOR SALE
      » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

my wife and i attended a funeral in riverside last weekend. we flew into LAX because that was the only city in the area where i could use my pass benifits on a direct non stop flight. 2 hour drive? seriously? i have to say that your traffic is still pretty fucked just like i remember it from years ago. the only saving grace that made the drive "only" 2 hours instead of perhaps 3 was the HOV lane.

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
        I don't see myself ever leaving the LA area.

So much to do, weather is awesome, people aren't as bad as people make it out to be, traffic does suck, but it sucks in almost every big city.. THE FOOD is amazing out here and California's nature is on par with the most beautiful places on the planet IMO

You're paying a price but, you're getting something for it.

Sure I can move to Indiana and live in a 5 bedroom house with a mortgage of 3 bags of potatoes a month, but I feel like I'd want to blow my brains out in a few years because of the lack of things to do..
        are you talking about "nature" as in wildlife and trees or do you mean something more along the lines of the city in general? i think maybe you guys have more than your share of wierdos running around over there.
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

traffic is really skyrocketing even in oc streets are always jammed.
          the e30 is terrible to commute in now except if i work on sundays.

also south oc if anyone lives there is nuts main streets speed limit is 50 and everyone still tailgates
          during rush hours. for real.

Comment

^ This. Way too many people on the road. Save the E30 for occasional weekend trip otherwise its an absolute torture for the car and the driver. Better off buying a 5K commuter car and ignore what others might think. (there will be people that disagree but who cares)
            If you have a WFH job, consider yourself the super lucky one and do not quit.
            » PARTS FOR SALE
            » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
              my wife and i attended a funeral in riverside last weekend. we flew into LAX because that was the only city in the area where i could use my pass benifits on a direct non stop flight. 2 hour drive? seriously? i have to say that your traffic is still pretty fucked just like i remember it from years ago. the only saving grace that made the drive "only" 2 hours instead of perhaps 3 was the HOV lane...
              well... you flew into one side of LA and drove all the way across two counties... Riverside is BFE and there were two airports closer, including your favorite: John Wayne.
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

LA isn't that bad, you just have to plan accordingly. I think it has to do if your local or not. I really hate Boston traffic when I go there, but I don't know what to do to avoid it. I think LA is alright if you know what to avoid.
                91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

i understand all that simon. still though....if it takes 2+ hours to make a trip of 43 miles on major hiways during off peak times, something is fucked the fuck up. we left LAX at about 7:30pm and the next day departed riverside about 1:30pm. even google said this is a typical commute for this route.
                  sigpic
                  Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                  92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                  88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                  88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                  87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                  12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
                    LA isn't that bad, you just have to plan accordingly. I think it has to do if your local or not... I think LA is alright if you know what to avoid.
                    this

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                    i understand all that simon. still though....if it takes 2+ hours to make a trip of 43 miles on major hiways during off peak times, something is fucked the fuck up. we left LAX at about 7:30pm and the next day departed riverside about 1:30pm. even google said this is a typical commute for this route.
                    I get 68 miles when I map it, but yea still shouldnt take 3 hours.. If you're stuck in your window and cant plan around it, you have to just deal with it.
                    Last edited by 2mAn; 04-09-2019, 09:57 PM.
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

eastern Cali is not too bad tbh, lots of outdoor stuff to do all year, housing is still kinda high (1400ish for a 3bd western) compared to some other states but i can be on the outskirts of san fran in 2hrs and on the south side of the grapevine in about 4 and if you stay on the northern half of fresno/clovis its really not bad as far as the drugs and crime but that is probably due to one of the most oppressive police forces in the country XD

living in the foothills/mountians i could never go back to any major city living tho just have so much more freedom.

Comment

You know what grinds my gears... Montana traffic. I had to wait two entire traffic light cycles to make it through the other day. And guess what, there was another traffic light after that I got stopped at. Can't believe I had to stop twice on my drive home.

And don't even get me started on that bison jam I was in the other day. Those darn things never want to get out of the middle of the road.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                          You know what grinds my gears... Montana traffic. I had to wait two entire traffic light cycles to make it through the other day. And guess what, there was another traffic light after that I got stopped at. Can't believe I had to stop twice on my drive home.

And don't even get me started on that bison jam I was in the other day. Those darn things never want to get out of the middle of the road.
                          I see what you did there...... You know its all the CA migrants plugging up your traffic lights right??? Just wait till tourist season gets into full swing, its starting already and ski season just ended last weekend ugghhhhh...........

I got caught in a cattle drive once over on the east side.... That was an interesting couple hours, cows just came out onto the road and started walking down the road in front of and eventually all around us.
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

Lol

Just sat in an hour traffic to go 18 miles. About average. Then got to the atm to make a deposit and it was busted, have meetings all day and hate walking around with wads of cash. Dammit.

Fucking Coachella is this weekend too. That thing jumped the shark about 10 years ago. Used to be cool, now it’s just a bunch of wannabe “influencers” spending a shit ton of money to be part of the scene.

Moving to Canada. Sorry Powling.

Ezekiel 25:17
                            Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                            The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                            The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                            The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Interesting you bring up light cycles. In Phoenix, idiots sit at the limit line on left turn green lights. If they pull up, three cars minimum can go but this nonsense turns it into a one car (them) per light and I have been stuck behind idiots that don't go.

WTF??

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

:popcorn:

tell me more about this bison traffic jam
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X