Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
    Large dogs for the win. I have a 1 year old Alaskan malamute. Big guy just hit 130 pounds.

I used to be a XC runner in high school, what your guy’s 5k times? I haven’t ran in well over a year now

Run with my Saint Bernard a month ago. She’s not the fastest, but she’ll truck along. Weighs about 125 right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
      anybody ever use Toro to rent a car that they were wanting to buy?
      I never have, but my buddy just rented a Nissan GT-R for the weekend from a guy in Phoenix on Turo.

Cost a fortune (~1k), but was a great experience.
      My previous build (currently E30-less)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Comment

Any Linux users here? what is your preferred distro.
          » PARTS FOR SALE
          » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Im starting to use it at work. So far I've been using Ubuntu. However, we also use Kali for pen testing
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd
            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

What are you wanting to use it for? Mint is a good light version. If you want to replace Windows, Ubuntu is a good place start.
              1990 325is
              m52b28
              3.73lsd

Comment

What’s Linux for? I’ve always stuck to Mac OS for simplicity.

Comment

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+linux+for
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd

Comment

I just got this shirt...came out to $30 with shipping and exchange rate...

https://shop.petrolpassion.eu/appare...g_type-t_shirt
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd

Comment

1982 to 1994, a nice touch.

Comment

Nonsense Thread

For the four spoke wheelers https://shop.petrolpassion.eu/bmw-e3...es-sunset.html

Order placed so for motivation to loose weight I chose extra medium.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
                          Any Linux users here? what is your preferred distro.

Ubuntu is a good plug and play OS but resource heavy. Lubuntu uses Lxde instead of Unity, so not as slick but not nearly as resource dependent and I think follows the same LTS schedule as Ubuntu.

It’s harder to set up but I really like Debian. No bs, can go mostly libre if you want, awesome community and support, highly customizable, etc. Trisquel is good (libre), Mint is great and quick too. There’s also PureOS, if you want to check it out. Just depends on what you like / need.

Ezekiel 25:17
                          Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                          The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                          The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                          The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Using mint cinnamon right now and really liking it, must also try the Pure OS now that you mentioned it.
                            These lightweight OSs breaths new life into my laptop. Recent windows 10 update nearly killed it and chrome was running extremely slow so decided to ditch it altogether and throw ubuntu on it. Quickly got bored with ubuntu since i used to use it regularly back in the day on desky.
                            So i thought why not try other builds. Some are capable way beyond my basic needs. Fedora and OpenSuse were simply awesome, i am going to try to stick to Mint for some time and see where it leads.
                            No more windoze.............
                            » PARTS FOR SALE
                            » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
                              Using mint cinnamon right now and really liking it, must also try the Pure OS now that you mentioned it.
                              These lightweight OSs breaths new life into my laptop. Recent windows 10 update nearly killed it and chrome was running extremely slow so decided to ditch it altogether and throw ubuntu on it. Quickly got bored with ubuntu since i used to use it regularly back in the day on desky.
                              So i thought why not try other builds. Some are capable way beyond my basic needs. Fedora and OpenSuse were simply awesome, i am going to try to stick to Mint for some time and see where it leads.
                              No more windoze.............

FWIW I used Mint for the longest time a long while back, great OS. I'd stick with that for a minute. I had a Thinkpad T60 a few months ago that I was tinkering with, upgraded to a 64 bit CPU but couldn't get it to run cool enough and battery life sucked. Running Win8 in Parallels on my Mac just for QuickBooks (too cheap to buy a copy for Mac and too lazy to go cloud...for now). I'd buy one of Purism's machines if I wasn't such a cheap bastard. Looking forward to their phone in a few months.

Intimidated by OpenSUSE, but may give'r a go one of these days.
                              Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                              The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                              The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                              The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

What are you wanting to use it for? Mint is a good light version. If you want to replace Windows, Ubuntu is a good place start.
                                Mostly for performing basic tasks without getting bored. Primary objective is to squeeze a few more years of life out of my laptop and make the process fun while i am at it.
                                Win 10 updates have f**ked shit up real good for older machines. And I don't feel like going back to Win 7 after being spoiled by fancy UI which is also messed up in Win 10.
                                Why the hell they have two sets of design languages running in parallel.
                                There is the good old explorer type GUI inherited from Win 7.
                                Then there is the unnecessary bloated Win 10 Settings menu with all kinds of junk options in it.

There is duplicated functionalities everywhere that can be navigated via two different paths. Example below. WTF is microsoft doing.

» PARTS FOR SALE
                                » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Working...
                                X