Comment

oh snap
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
        this thread has gotten lame af. does anyone have a decent story?
        I'm not here to entertain you.
        I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
          Not a story, but I'd love to hear other peoples opinions on changing your career to something involving your hobby / other interests.
          So, I always loved 3D modeling, and video game level making as a kid. I used to spend hours making Doom and Duke Nukem levels, laying them out, and designing them.

Now I'm a Civil/Structural Designer, I design steel structures for the oil industry. Model them, produce design drawings with an engineer and produce construction drawings. It's sort of turning a hobby into a career, it certainly feels that way to me. I love what I do, it's great to see an idea be built.
          I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
            I'm not here to entertain you.
            We are not entertained.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              Think of it this way, there will be times when you have to make business decisions and that conflicts with the passion. passion is irrational, successful businesses are not.

When I was younger, a good friend of mine went to UTI (Universal Technical Institute) to pursue his automotive passion, finished and started working at various shops but quickly burned out. The phrase that kept coming up is that you get tired of working on other peoples POS cars that you have no energy left to work on your own POS car lol

Me?... I sit behind a computer, make enough to pay my bills with some leftover and have plenty of energy left to go home and get dirty in the garage.

So true.

I as well went to UTI after high school (still waiting for lifetime NAPA discount and free tool chest) and was in the field for a short minute. Then switched to management, then bailed to go back in to Radio/Club DJ’ing. Then into software.

Friends of mine stayed in the repair field and they have a real love hate relationship with it for the exact reasons you said. Some I race with and you can see they enjoy working on the racecar, but they also sometimes feel like they are always fixing cars.

Car repair is similar I imagine to being a veterinarian; you spend half your time frustrated while trying to convince customers that they really need to fix what’s wrong. But too often customers decide to just ignore it, and the car/pet gets worse and dies..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                so... I get several robocalls on a daily basis . Ive already registered it on the DNC list, but I dont think it will actually stop em... I've also blocked so many calls that now I no longer get similar numbers to mine anymore. I know they are robocalls because I havent lived in my hometown for like 20 years so when I get a call from there I know its a robocall
                if i am not busy, i answer them and try to keep em on the line as long as possible.

last week, some guy called asking for me. i said: hang on a second. i will get him for you. what can i tell him you are calling about? he said it was real estate investment which means its just another asshole trying to buy my home for pennies on the dollar. i said "great! hang on a couple minutes. let me go find him for you. that stupid shiteater waited for almost 9 minutes before he disconnected the call. i laid the phone down on the counter and went about my business. every once in a while i could hear him yelling: Hello? hello?....hello?!!!! called back immediately. i got the dingleberry to wait another 3 minutes before he finally gave up.

go fuck yourself assholes!!! lol.
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                  We are not entertained.
                  Dang. :(
                  I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                    Dang. :(
                    That's right mister, now go think about how to better entertain a bunch of strangers with related interests.

Hint: *boobs*

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                      That's right mister, now go think about how to better entertain a bunch of strangers with related interests.

Hint: *boobs*
                      I do things.

Comment

lolol
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

3.5/10

Would have preferred a pair of great tits.

Comment

lolol

I think its time for more stories. I know you got some others. I’m boring so nothing to share here.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Nonsense Thread

I just got shafted by vatozone buying oil for $30

Comment

if i am not busy, i answer them and try to keep em on the line as long as possible....
                                go fuck yourself assholes!!! lol.

I like this idea
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X