Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
    also, check out the price on this "supercar" oil.

https://www.amazon.com/Castrol-SUPER.../dp/B0161A4CIS
    Breaks down to 11.25/L or about $10.75/Qt.
    About what you would pay per Qt. For Royal Purple or sim at a box store.

Still, never heard of 10w-60
    I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
      Still, never heard of 10w-60
      Really? How about the most notorious offender in the 10w-60 wars, the E46 M3?

Comment

I use 10w40 in my jeep. I buy the O'reily's Brand oil.

For the other vehicles, I tried the high mileage synthetic 5w30 Valvoline I think.
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd
        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          Really? How about the most notorious offender in the 10w-60 wars, the E46 M3?
          Ah, I haven't dwelved into the realm of the S54 much.

TBH, it's not an engine I have interest in. Sure, I'd love an E46 M3, they're neat burrito, but the S54 is too high strung for me to consider it as a swap candidate. I'd prefer an S52 or M54, more torque.

I likez mAh torques.
          I do things.

Comment

Anyone watching 'Chernobyl' on HBO.
            Last episode tonight, been a great show so far.
            I do things.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 9.43.49 AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	7201726

What a deal
              1988 Atlantisblau Euro/Japanese 325i Cabriolet
              1989 Schwartz 325i - now M50 powered! - now very dead
              1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited
              My 17,000km Big NA National Parks trip!

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                Ah, I haven't dwelved into the realm of the S54 much.

TBH, it's not an engine I have interest in. Sure, I'd love an E46 M3, they're neat burrito, but the S54 is too high strung for me to consider it as a swap candidate. I'd prefer an S52 or M54, more torque.

I likez mAh torques.

Not really. The s54 makes more torque everywhere. The s52 only just hits the equivalent, or very close to it, at 4K.

Originally posted by codyep3
                I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                2010 F650gs twin
                2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Nonsense Thread

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  3 mins on 1 side 2 min on the other on a hot grill to get the browning an sear marks, let it rest for 5 min

Shit should be tattooed on arm of anyone who thinks that well done is ok.

Though, I read an interesting article about people who like well done meat. Sometimes means they have trust issues. So because they don’t trust other people to be sanitary, they want the meat cooked all the way through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                    Shit should be tattooed on arm of anyone who thinks that well done is ok.

Though, I read an interesting article about people who like well done meat. Sometimes means they have trust issues. So because they don’t trust other people to be sanitary, they want the meat cooked all the way through.

I’m not sure if I trust this fact

Comment

Can’t recall if this is the exact article, but same point being made towards the end. It’s along the same lines as why many leaders had food tasters.

1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      2016 Ford Flex
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

they had food tasters because people are always trying to kill them.

Comment

Been away from this thread, so a little catch up from the skimming...

Exodus, hang in there man. My 2nd 2 kids caused my wife health issues that completely disappeared once the kids were born. Having another life growing inside their bodies can do weird things. Sh passed out one day at work, turned out she was severely anemic, they had to put her on iron pills - also was diabetic and had to take meds - only while carrying, though. It appears Bells Palsy can be caused by pregnancy from a quick research, and is usually temporary.

I use 10w-60 in the race cars and turbo cars. LiquiMoly has been my preferred brand, partially because my local supplier delivers it, partly because I saw an increase in hot pressure over m1, and it was significant over conventional oil. I sell it for $10/qt to my customers, so it's not terrible on price. I also watch some of the Project Farm, the guy does some funny stuff and tried to approach it subjectively when comparing products.

I like my steak medium to medium rare depending on the cut. The fattier cuts I like to cook longer as the fat seems to melt a little more, rather than feeling like I am chewing a shoe sole. Usually I do filet which is always medium rare (I prefer to have the grain in the center vs raw meat).

Burgers, OTOH, I like them well done, but juicy - not always an easy thing to do. My secret is freeze them, then throw on the grill after a pre-heat on high(~500°, lid closed). Open the lid, throw them on, close the lid, wait about 5min and when the blood pools on the top of the burger, flip it and cook to taste. Don't even flatten them with a spatula, don't even touch them unless it's the flip.

Now, cooking chicken on the grill without drying it is another art. I do a bonless/skinless breast soaked in 50/50 mix of olive oil and favorite Italian dressing. Like the burgers, high heat and throw the breast on there, but instead of closing the lid, I ladle olive oil over the chicken so that everything catches on fire . Once the breast is not sticking to the grill anymore (30-40sec), I keep them rolling around in the fire until the outside is seared (turned from pink to yellow, or becomes opaque in the flames). Then they get moved to the upper rack while the next batch is seared. When done properly, they will squirt juices when you poke them with a fork, but still be cooked through. Trick is to remove them from the heat just when there's grain in the center.
                          john@m20guru.com
                          Links:
                          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Grilling is not nonsense, imo. It’s serious business best left to professionals. :)

Ezekiel 25:17
                            Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
                            The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
                            The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
                            The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Well, I added the CeraTec to my car this weekend and put about 200 miles on it.

Can't really say I noticed anything in regards to fuel consumption or a "smoother" running engine which people have claimed to notice immediately. Not surprised by my reaction, because I doubt any additive on the planet would actually result in a noticeably smoother running engine on an engine that's already functioning well.

I'm just wondering if this would be an alternative to adding zinc.

Honestly, I would consider running this in the long term. If it actually works for the mileage they claim, why not?

That vid Agent posted gave me the confidence to use it..
                              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by majdomo View Post
                                Grilling is not nonsense, imo. It’s serious business best left to professionals. :)

Ezekiel 25:17
                                The real debate question is...

...which state has the BEST bbq?
                                Steve • Toronto
                                1991 318is • Brillantrot
                                Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X