No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "small" town where I live got hit with ransomware from someone opening an attachment as well. It took months to get accurate utility bills generated.

The email-borne attack locked the city’s servers and many of the daily business functions, officials said.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
      I don't think that is extreme. Unless your role in a company or school district or whatever is public facing you don't really need access to an email account that can receive anything other than internal communications on your work computer. You want to dick around or do personal things on company time? use your smartphone for it. But with ransomware attacks so common on personal computers and business networks, it's prudent to lock things down a little better. Backups are only part of the solution, it still costs a significant amount of man hours to restore every computer on a network from backup after some office drone opened quarterlyreport.doc.exe and got it all bricked.

This.

The drive by attacks on servers is more prevalent then most regular user realize. It’s not just big companies either, my wife’s company constantly gets hit on almost a daily basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
        why aren't you supposed to step on the track trains do it.

Two things, one is a myth:

Stepping on a rail is suppose to bring bad luck for the run..

Even today you'll not see a railroader step on a rail as he crosses the track(s).

Second is safety:

Nothing to do with any superstition about bad luck. It's a safety issue. Railheads can be slippery, especially in bad weather. If the yard boss or crew foreman catches you stepping on a railhead , you can get yourself demerits or worse. And yeah, it can be bad luck for the run if you sprain your ankle or even break a leg before a run... That's no myth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Always looks so easy ... feeler gauges were too wide but a stainless steel zip tie was the perfect size. Thought I got it a few times but it’s still on there. I’ll try again another day
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

On the plus side you have no criminal aptitude, so congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
              On the plus side you have no criminal aptitude, so congrats.

All those years of Rap Music have done nothing for me
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Yes. You would have to cut the tip down on the feeler gage. Kind of like you might sharpen a pencil except the tip can be a bit blunt.
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

recently we had a small conversation about telephone solicitors and scammers here in the nonsense.

some of you will remember that i mentioned my solution is to keep them on the line as long as possible and waste their time?

well, i just set a new record today. 14 minutes and 12 seconds!

some indian guy calls asking for me. obviously its some dirtbag. i say: no this isn't he, but i can get him for you. what is this pertaining to? the guy on the other end says it a real estate investment company. i say: well, i know he is looking to sell his house so hang on a few minutes and i will go find him. after about 6 minutes, i pick up the phone and say he is on his way and will be with you in a sec. all this time, i am getting ready for work. i took a shit(i put the phone down there so he could hear my bowel movement and the flush), shaved, brushed my teeth.....i was getting ready to manscape my ballsack when he hung up. lol. fuck you assholes!

new r3v challenge. see how long you can keep a d-bag on the phone and post it up here. take screen shots so we knows you ain't lyin'!!! the phone number is there so any of you can call to see it isn't my second cousin.

we can call my baseline 13:04 since that is the last screenhot i took
                  sigpic
                  Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                  92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                  88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                  88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                  87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                  12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

...good chance that number is spoofed any ways. I keep getting the Hilton Rewards ones with local numbers.
                    2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                      Yes. You would have to cut the tip down on the feeler gage. Kind of like you might sharpen a pencil except the tip can be a bit blunt.
                      The stainless zip tie is a perfect size, I just seem to be getting the "spot" wrong. Its a bit awkward where it is, not in the "perfect setting" like it is on the videos... I know the process, I will get it...
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

I get calls all the time. Since the hail storm, it's been roofing companies trying to come out and fix the roof...oof
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd
                        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I'll give that a shot the next time I get a call. Bwahaha!
                          My previous build (currently E30-less)
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Nonsense Thread

So I came across an e36 m3 for 1000 dollars yesterday me and couple buddies went and bought it. Now we have our own version of shit car. Resealing the engine and just gonna destroy this thing and have fun. 17 year old kid love tapped a pole so the body is fucked but its gonna be fun.

Last edited by ThatOneEuroE30; 08-04-2019, 04:44 PM.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Swap a m44 in it, and sell the s50.
                              91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                              Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                              E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                              "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
                                Swap a m44 in it, and sell the s50.

Nah resealing the s50 and running it. Gotta do a manual swap cause its missing a pedal.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Working...
                                X