Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    Swamp coolers dont do anything but make humidity worse when the relative humidity is much over 15% if even that high. They work great in arid environments but not in the north or the pac northwest or sw bc

On the contrary they do work well outdoors. Some of the guys use them at the track. It's not so much the fact that it adds humidity as it cools the air blowing on ya (better then a fan by far). Indoors, not so well, as you said, they increase the humidity.

The shop is bearable to work in now, even though it's in the 80's inside because the AC is working so well as a dehumidifier.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
      Projections for this tropical storm.

The one that hit NOLA this morning was sort of an offshoot from that, 9.5" in a couple of hours.

Only thing to get fucked like that were girls who stayed the night in my dorm room. ;D
      oh yeah, forgot about that system coming from Florida.
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
        On the contrary they do work well outdoors. Some of the guys use them at the track. It's not so much the fact that it adds humidity as it cools the air blowing on ya (better then a fan by far). Indoors, not so well, as you said, they increase the humidity.

This is a slightly different situation and then depends more on the temp of the incoming water than anything

The shop is bearable to work in now, even though it's in the 80's inside because the AC is working so well as a dehumidifier.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Lol quote fail Sleeve.

The ones we use recycle the water and use a cardboard radiator:

Portacool portable evaporative coolers are the ideal cooling solution for many environments. Learn more about our complete line of coolers.

Just have to top them off once in a while. The water drips down the radiator and fan blows evaporation at ya. The Cyclone is perfect for cold pits or garages.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
            Only thing to get fucked like that were girls who stayed the night in my dorm room. ;D

I need to get my Datsun wrapped up because while I dont drive it, I am daydreaming new projects and cars I want to own....
            Last edited by 2mAn; 07-10-2019, 03:32 PM.
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Paging Simon.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
              Sounds like you need a massage.
              Originally posted by kpeng
              Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Storm prep going well.

I'm super nervous, about potential for flooding. Friend of mine on high ground is going to store the E30 for me, so that's good news.
                I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post

I tried to get my brother to buy that and a few other badass Roadsters but he’s too thick skinned to take advice from his little brother
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Being an older brother, can confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                    2016 Ford Flex
                    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                      Being an older brother, can confirm.

Lol it doesn’t surprise me. He’s single living the life of a 21 year old in San Diego. He wants a manual fun convertible that he can pull girls with... because he’s going through his midlife crisis.

I’ve suggested a lot of different cars, but he’s kinda stuck on a Boxster. I did find him a 6-speed Maserati Spyder in Yellow that definitely will do the job better than a basic Boxster
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

tfw you scroll past "dad son project build" in the project section and briefly think it says "dead son project build" :shock:
                        Originally posted by priapism
                        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                        Originally posted by shameson
                        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          Lol it doesn’t surprise me. He’s single living the life of a 21 year old in San Diego. He wants a manual fun convertible that he can pull girls with... because he’s going through his midlife crisis.

I’ve suggested a lot of different cars, but he’s kinda stuck on a Boxster. I did find him a 6-speed Maserati Spyder in Yellow that definitely will do the job better than a basic Boxster
                          good lord. the official car of the cheese ball. poor guy. he needs a good schooling. you better get on that mofo.
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Barry is about to make landfall.

Got the E30 at a friend's house, so it's good, Girlfriend's car at my grandmother's, also good. Corvette on Quickjack, so it's good, and truck in the garage to keep it safe.

Have a pantry full of chips, and Fallout 76 until the power goes out.

Bring it.
                            I do things.

Comment

Good luck

IG @turbovarg
                              '91 318is, M20 turbo
                              [CoTM: 4-18]
                              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                              - updated 3-17

Comment

good luck man!
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd
                                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Working...
                                X